shape
carat
color
clarity

In Search of Coral Bridesmaid Dresses - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!

I am finally engaged, and am already thinking about colors!
1.gif

I''m thinking of coral, tan, and ivory/white....maybe coral, aqua, and tan...not quite sure yet, but I LOVE coral!

So, I''m on the hunt for coral bridesmaid dresses, that my bridesmaids can ACTUALLY wear again, and like!
3.gif
Also, it will be a July wedding in Pittsburgh, which means hot and humid weather.

I found these dresses on J. Crew.com in "Papaya". This is a litter shade than I would like, but they are very pretty.

Untitled2.png

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another one... I like the idea of having my bridesmaids pic their own dress in the same color. My fiance on the other hand, wants them all to have the same dress. We''ll see!

Untitled1.png

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
last one for now in "Papaya" from J.Crew

Untitled3.png

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
I also kinda like the idea of a tan dress with coral flowers....ugh, thank goodness I have over a year!
3.gif

tan strapless.jpg

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
There are a couple of coral options from Threads: link and link that first color is available in any of these totally cute styles. On real people in chiffon link and more link

Good luck! sounds like an awesome color palate! Sorry to throw red in there when you are looking for aqua, but the dresses are so cute! Do you have your venue yet so you know what colors will be there whether you like them or not?

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
This is close to the color coral I am aiming for...it''s a lot darker than the pictures I''ve posted, so maybe that will help in finding some dresses! Any help is appreciated!!!!

coral shirt.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here are all of Alfred Angelo's BM's dresses. Each dress, when clicked on, can be changed color when you click on the color. The persimmion color seems to match what you're looking for pretty closely. There is also a coral color, but it seems rather light.
The link would help lol!
Linky

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the color.

6473-600.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of khaki dresses with coral flowers/accessories.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the idea of khaki dresses with coral flowers. I think it would be so fresh and summery!

If you decided to go with Coral dresses, here is a pic of a Watters dress in their Ginger Silk Shantung - While this particular style isn''t super rewearable, I think a lot of their dresses are...

Coral Dress 999.jpg

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Aria has some beautiful color options, and I''ve worn their bridesmaid dresses twice with no problems. I''ve actually worn one in coral, but the terracotta color might be more what you are thinking.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 11:04:24 AM
Author: stephbolt
Aria has some beautiful color options, and I''ve worn their bridesmaid dresses twice with no problems. I''ve actually worn one in coral, but the terracotta color might be more what you are thinking.

I''ll second Aria. I''ve seen pics of the coral dress Stephbolt is describing and I thought the color was super flattering on the entire bridal party. She also recently showed me a different Aria BM dress and it looks really gorgeous and well made.
If you decide to check out Watters make sure to give Pearl''s Place in Louisiana a call because we got our Watters dresses for my friend''s wedding there at a very nice discount ($175 to $138).

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
The Davids Bridal persimmon color is also close to what you want.

I personally think the khaki/tan dresses would look great though, then they could accessorize them up. They could also be rewearable in any season, vs. the coral color will really only be fitting for warm weather. The only thing to watch out for though is I''m not sure how good tan looks on all skin types - I have pale white skin, and I think it''d wash me out a lot.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of tan dresses with coral flowers and accessories!! The tan dress you posted is so cute...I can picture it with coral and I love it!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Mori Lee dresses are fantastic. My MoH bought a mori lee dress and loved it

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! I will definitely look into these links and let you know what I can find.

I really like the tip about the tan dresses on all skin colors. I have a few friends that are very pale, and stay out of the sun, so I''m not sure if they would like wearing tan.

My bridesmaids are very clear that they don''t mind what color I choose, so that''s good! I feel like coral really compliments any skin color. Then, I would go for creamy ivory and white flowers I think.
1.gif

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 6:20:54 PM
Author: cinnamongurl

I really like the tip about the tan dresses on all skin colors. I have a few friends that are very pale, and stay out of the sun, so I''m not sure if they would like wearing tan.
PLEASE do consider this. I love the khaki dress you posted, but I have pale skin and look terrible in that color. It''s not a dress I would re-wear, although the style is adorable. Just something to keep in mind
1.gif
I think coral is a color that is more flattering on a variety of skin tones.

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
I agree, Musinyc! I am looking all over for a simple coral dress. I''m leaning towards Watters as of now, but still love the classic J.Crew options.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to put in a recommendation for Alfred Angelo dresses. I haven''t seen the coral/spice/persimmon colors (those are the ones that may be similar to what you want), but my girls wore AA in Celadon satin, and the dresses were really nice. They''re nicely made, and AA builds in 1" of fabric into the seams, so they''re actually one of the very few brands that can be "let out" if necessary. They''re also very reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results