shape
carat
color
clarity

In Search Of A Cushion Cut

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Hello all I am currently looking into purchasing a Cushion cut center diamond for a halo setting engagement ring. I have been looking at center stones anywhere between 1.0ct-1.50 and due to my budget I have to sacrifice some of the specs. I have found a few I would like to show you all since everyone here is well informed on diamonds just to make sure its worth what I'm paying for. Thank you all in advance.

http://www.1800loosediamonds.com/diamond-search/1.33-CUSHION--GIA-H-VVS2-diamond-stock-29772-cert-7213082129

http://www.1800loosediamonds.com/diamond-search/1.51-Cushion-VG-GIA-H-SI1-diamond-stock-116404812-cert-2218842685

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7990772-1.41-carat-Cushion-diamond-F-color-SI1-clarity.aspx

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7849659-1.30-carat-Cushion-diamond-H-color-SI1-clarity.aspx

http://www.1800loosediamonds.com/diamond-search/1.20-Cushion-EX-GIA-D-SI1-diamond-stock-516203295-cert-6212788059

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Im no expert, but....

I really, really, really like cushions! I got a lot of good help when searching for my center stone, but personally I think you should ask for images of the actual diamonds rather than relying solely on a rendering photo and listed specs. They should be able to show you a pic of the actual diamond, plus the ASET, and Idealscope.

EnchantedDiamonds.com has a great search tool with actual pics/videos and "quality" ratings. JamesAllen.com has good video, too, but not as much info as Enchanted does. ;-)

Q

Queenie60

Hi Anthony RX - I suggest that you call Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. Give him your budget and an explanation of what you are looking for. He is great at finding just what you want, or very close to it and within your budget. It helps to have someone such as him to help you to find what will work best for you. And be sure to tell him that you were recommended by Price Scope. Good luck and I hope you find a great stone and ring. :wavey:

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
LegsDiamond|1459290216|4012774 said:
Im no expert, but....

I really, really, really like cushions! I got a lot of good help when searching for my center stone, but personally I think you should ask for images of the actual diamonds rather than relying solely on a rendering photo and listed specs. They should be able to show you a pic of the actual diamond, plus the ASET, and Idealscope.

EnchantedDiamonds.com has a great search tool with actual pics/videos and "quality" ratings. JamesAllen.com has good video, too, but not as much info as Enchanted does. ;-)

Hello thank you for the advice much appreciated

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Queenie60|1459301748|4012895 said:
Hi Anthony RX - I suggest that you call Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. Give him your budget and an explanation of what you are looking for. He is great at finding just what you want, or very close to it and within your budget. It helps to have someone such as him to help you to find what will work best for you. And be sure to tell him that you were recommended by Price Scope. Good luck and I hope you find a great stone and ring. :wavey:

Thank you I just emailed them at ID Jewlery. I am currently waiting on actual pictures from the sources i posted just want to make sure i can get the most out of an 8-10k budget.

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Anthony_Rx|1459387880|4013472 said:
Queenie60|1459301748|4012895 said:

Thank you I just emailed them at ID Jewlery. I am currently waiting on actual pictures from the sources i posted just want to make sure i can get the most out of an 8-10k budget.

I forgot about ID! I've read really good comments about them as well! I know with all the help and resources here on PS, you will find something good!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, eliminate the 1-800 Diamonds place right off. It says no returns right on their front page. Never buy without a return policy.

Second, only look for cushions on sites that show photos. Virtual listings don't have pics because the vendor does not have the stone in-house. Choosing randomly and asking for pictures is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

If you will tell us your max budget for the diamond, we can pick out some good ones for you.

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1459388244|4013479 said:
Okay, eliminate the 1-800 Diamonds place right off. It says no returns right on their front page. Never buy without a return policy.

Second, only look for cushions on sites that show photos. Virtual listings don't have pics because the vendor does not have the stone in-house. Choosing randomly and asking for pictures is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

If you will tell us your max budget for the diamond, we can pick out some good ones for you.

You are so awesome!

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock

Hello, that i did not notice funny how they didn't mention that in store when i was there the other day. my max budget is currently 7k on the center stone. That is a very nice diamond that fits right into my budget. What criteria should I pay more attention to for a diamond that would sparkle more under natural light? thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LegsDiamond|1459389504|4013489 said:

You are so awesome!

You are very nice to say that! Thank you!

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1459391157|4013510 said:
Anthony_Rx|1459390771|4013507 said:

I like this one! It is a modern cushion. Some people strongly favor modern and others strongly favor antique style. Both look great in halo settings!

If you think she'd like modern better, I will show you a couple more of those.

Yes I believe she will like either one of the styles. Thank you all for the help

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am one who is in love with the antique style cushions. I think they are beautiful and no so common as modern. I think they are timeless as they have been cut for well over a hundred years. BUT, this isn't for me, so I want to be sure you get what she would like best. Has she by any chance shown you pictures of rings she loves? I'd like to see if she has any antique style rings in her favorites.

Also, is the $8-10k including the setting? A high quality halo setting will cost at least $3k.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1459391851|4013516 said:
I am one who is in love with the antique style cushions. I think they are beautiful and no so common as modern. I think they are timeless as they have been cut for well over a hundred years. BUT, this isn't for me, so I want to be sure you get what she would like best. Has she by any chance shown you pictures of rings she loves? I'd like to see if she has any antique style rings in her favorites.

Also, is the $8-10k including the setting? A high quality halo setting will cost at least $3k.

Yes its including the setting. I found a setting for around 2500 already. She hasn't shown me any but from what we have talked about her favorite setting is a halo and the center stone she likes cushions.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1459392994|4013522 said:
Where is the setting? Because a cushion halo setting has to be custom made to fit the stone, usually.

This is the only other diamond I see. Tiny bit smaller than the H you found, but a color grade higher and a little bit better cut. It does have excellent for polish and symmetry and the H does not.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.30-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-981257

This is the setting i was going to choose i found at my local jewlery store at the Los Angeles Jewlery district.

_1076.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results