shape
carat
color
clarity

In remembrance of mom - ISO a butterfly

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I lost my mother this summer. My sweet, fun, feisty, silly, exuberant, generous, charitable, courageous mom. It’s been so hard! (Understatement.) I’m now searching for a piece of jewelry to wear in remembrance of her.

Since the day she passed, my husband and I have been noticing butterflies, and we’re associating them as a sign of / from her.

Though I would typically never wear a butterfly necklace, that’s what I’ve decided on trying to find. It’s tough because I’m so picky and wear very little jewelry in general. I prefer silver or platinum or white gold, and for the style, if not very simple and easygoing, then on the edgy side, not too dainty… and apparently cool, edgy butterflies are hard to come by ; ) I may need to get creative to make it something I’d like, layer up necklaces, or find some interesting vintage piece. I’ve looked at literally thousands of butterflies (not just pendants, I’m open to charms or bracelets or key rings too). and I only like a few so far!

I’m surprised I love this Tiffany diamond encrusted one so much - but I do. It’s retired I think and thousands out of my price range. Except for one lucky person I saw nabbed one for only $360!? The seller was either feeling very generous, or forgot the zero at the end! I so wish I could find a deal like that.

481E8C00-7911-45B6-BE71-540D02ED324F.jpeg

If anyone has any ideas for where else to look, please share? My budget for now is in the hundreds, under $500, preferably. I’ve been checking for preloved options mostly at eBay and the like - I’m sure there are some great smaller antique and preloved dealers out there that I’m forgetting or don’t know about. My mom’s birthstone is opal and she also loved pearl and turquoise, so I’d consider all of those as elements, or just metal. As I mentioned I wear silver/white metal for the most part but I’m open to other metals, or a mix. Thanks!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about your mom. Losing a mother is one of the hardest things to go through, I’ve been there unfortunately. Big hugs!

A quick search turned up this but I’m looking for a butterfly ring I’ve seen a million times before and can’t seem to find now. I’ll keep looking but for now:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending hugs.
very sad and hard to lose your mum.
you could find a brooch you like and get it put into/ onto a chain. I look around for you.
my favourite would be a danish enamel butterfly pin, they are all stunning. 22A6A831-E5D4-4FB3-9BD6-85C6ED615158.jpeg C39BBC89-0DF6-417C-BA1E-EB82624D4760.jpeg
I have this one, it’s 18ct but I was hoping for a bit more than $500.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Anderson was the name I was having trouble remembering. Norway. He does / did the most exquisite butterfly brooches which would easily convert to a pendant, either permanently with the help of a jeweller or just by buying a “brooch pin to pendant converter”.
they come in many many colours and patterns and are well within budget.
here are some current eBay examples.
8D3425F5-F71B-4C52-B14C-8D53CED3977D.jpeg DB2CEC67-0442-4B4C-8002-A839CE91E2A4.jpeg 3E86D913-877C-4B63-B8A5-F89C722A91B6.jpeg 17B6CB0A-4A37-4714-BF78-1023F1DF7975.jpeg 4DCF6CAA-3254-4547-9C9C-316AF40DA4C4.jpeg D1A80543-D4D4-4A44-BB99-E4195C01F760.jpeg

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Sending hugs.
very sad and hard to lose your mum.
you could find a brooch you like and get it put into/ onto a chain. I look around for you.
my favourite would be a danish enamel butterfly pin, they are all stunning. 22A6A831-E5D4-4FB3-9BD6-85C6ED615158.jpeg C39BBC89-0DF6-417C-BA1E-EB82624D4760.jpeg
I have this one, it’s 18ct but I was hoping for a bit more than $500.

Whoa. LOVE this. For an occasional piece though, I’d still want a single pendant or something for more everyday wear, I’m not this fancy. I’d love to know what you’re looking to get if you’re parting with it. I think I saw you had something in preloved listings, I’ll look for your contact info and reach out!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
David Anderson was the name I was having trouble remembering. Norway. He does / did the most exquisite butterfly brooches which would easily convert to a pendant, either permanently with the help of a jeweller or just by buying a “brooch pin to pendant converter”.
they come in many many colours and patterns and are well within budget.
here are some current eBay examples.
8D3425F5-F71B-4C52-B14C-8D53CED3977D.jpeg DB2CEC67-0442-4B4C-8002-A839CE91E2A4.jpeg 3E86D913-877C-4B63-B8A5-F89C722A91B6.jpeg 17B6CB0A-4A37-4714-BF78-1023F1DF7975.jpeg 4DCF6CAA-3254-4547-9C9C-316AF40DA4C4.jpeg D1A80543-D4D4-4A44-BB99-E4195C01F760.jpeg

Thank you for sharing these, they are really beautiful, but not feeling quite “me” for some reason I can’t put my finger on.. I’ll go check them out some more on eBay. These do make me love the idea of a colorful one though. I’m going to start looking for a turquoise color one now. Thank you!!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry about your mom. Losing a mother is one of the hardest things to go through, I’ve been there unfortunately. Big hugs!

A quick search turned up this but I’m looking for a butterfly ring I’ve seen a million times before and can’t seem to find now. I’ll keep looking but for now:

Thank you! I haven’t seen rings with the butterflies on the sides, only ones with a single butterfly as the main focus, which so far haven’t found one I love - this is a great idea, I’ll keep an eye out for more like this.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
On Instagram I love a lot of the pieces TheFabNab has - if that helps if anyone think of other similar sellers to check out.. thank you!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I lost my mother this summer. My sweet, fun, feisty, silly, exuberant, generous, charitable, courageous mom. It’s been so hard! (Understatement.) I’m now searching for a piece of jewelry to wear in remembrance of her.

Since the day she passed, my husband and I have been noticing butterflies, and we’re associating them as a sign of / from her.

Though I would typically never wear a butterfly necklace, that’s what I’ve decided on trying to find. It’s tough because I’m so picky and wear very little jewelry in general. I prefer silver or platinum or white gold, and for the style, if not very simple and easygoing, then on the edgy side, not too dainty… and apparently cool, edgy butterflies are hard to come by ; ) I may need to get creative to make it something I’d like, layer up necklaces, or find some interesting vintage piece. I’ve looked at literally thousands of butterflies (not just pendants, I’m open to charms or bracelets or key rings too). and I only like a few so far!

I’m surprised I love this Tiffany diamond encrusted one so much - but I do. It’s retired I think and thousands out of my price range. Except for one lucky person I saw nabbed one for only $360!? The seller was either feeling very generous, or forgot the zero at the end! I so wish I could find a deal like that.

481E8C00-7911-45B6-BE71-540D02ED324F.jpeg

If anyone has any ideas for where else to look, please share? My budget for now is in the hundreds, under $500, preferably. I’ve been checking for preloved options mostly at eBay and the like - I’m sure there are some great smaller antique and preloved dealers out there that I’m forgetting or don’t know about. My mom’s birthstone is opal and she also loved pearl and turquoise, so I’d consider all of those as elements, or just metal. As I mentioned I wear silver/white metal for the most part but I’m open to other metals, or a mix. Thanks!!

I JUST went through an entire gallery of beautiful butterfly jewelry yesterday. I'm so sorry for your loss. But I knew it was for a reason. I hope you find something you love <3

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm actually having a butterfly necklace made with light pink pad sapphire as the middle and diamond accents. DK is making it. It will be over your price range but if you're interested please let me know. He might be able to get the price down or change design.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm seeing some sterling silver Tiffany butterfly necklaces on etsy. Sorry on phone and not sure how to copy.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I JUST went through an entire gallery of beautiful butterfly jewelry yesterday. I'm so sorry for your loss. But I knew it was for a reason. I hope you find something you love <3

Oh thank you.. and this site looks like fun/trouble! going to check it out for sure

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm actually having a butterfly necklace made with light pink pad sapphire as the middle and diamond accents. DK is making it. It will be over your price range but if you're interested please let me know. He might be able to get the price down or change design.

Thanks so much. This is probably an " I'll know it when I see it " kind of thing, but one day down the road and once I determine what I love, I will likely go with something custom.

I'm seeing some sterling silver Tiffany butterfly necklaces on etsy. Sorry on phone and not sure how to copy.

Yes, thanks - I have all of the different silver Tiffany designs saved on ebay and etsy and poshmark :) Doesn't feel like I'm in love with any of them, I've come close to deciding on one, and then the next day find myself preferring the one I thought I liked the least instead..

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
F78968D9-095A-4C67-A920-C3E45B6798F1.jpeg

This was already converted from a pin, but maybe can be converted to a pendant?

I’m sorry for your loss. What a lovely idea for a reminder.

Thanks so much. Victorian and pearls.. yes, this is up our alley

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron posted a butterfly necklace she will be selling in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-should-be-ashamed……-confession-of-a-jewellery-addict….269427/

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I’m actually obsessed with butterfly jewelry. I was thinking you might like Roberto Coin. He has a tiny treasures collection and I know he has at least two butterflies BC I’ve owned both of them. Unfortunately I did sell one of them. The other one is one of my favorite pieces.
Also look up Messika butterfly. I have two bracelets by her. One I was able to convert into a necklace. I asked DK to make me a necklace extension for it.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your Mom!

My late Mom's (not-super-fancy) jewelry is a nice reminder so I get where you are coming from. I am in the process of remaking one of her bracelets for a sibling.

I have always wanted to make the Graff butterfly motif in some context. Two marquise (front wings) and two pear-shaped diamonds (rear wings), IIRC. It adorns the face of their butterfly watches but I always thought it would make a lovely solo pendant. (I like butterflies.) I have only seen the watch in glossy ads pre-internet but I think I actually saved one of the ads for this very reason.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this Tiffany one right now on eBay. I can’t post the link BC I found it on my app. It’s silver and diamonds and about the price you want to pay.

F3C41D2B-D413-4D8C-A747-51E612684959.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Antique art deco and dainty white gold.

* I missed that before about the not wanting/probably too dainty, sorry, but still really pretty!

Last edited:

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I’m actually obsessed with butterfly jewelry. I was thinking you might like Roberto Coin. He has a tiny treasures collection and I know he has at least two butterflies BC I’ve owned both of them. Unfortunately I did sell one of them. The other one is one of my favorite pieces.
Also look up Messika butterfly. I have two bracelets by her. One I was able to convert into a necklace. I asked DK to make me a necklace extension for it.

Thank you! I do remember seeing a sold Roberto Coin that I loved. I’ll look these up

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry about your Mom!

My late Mom's (not-super-fancy) jewelry is a nice reminder so I get where you are coming from. I am in the process of remaking one of her bracelets for a sibling.

I have always wanted to make the Graff butterfly motif in some context. Two marquise (front wings) and two pear-shaped diamonds (rear wings), IIRC. It adorns the face of their butterfly watches but I always thought it would make a lovely solo pendant. (I like butterflies.) I have only seen the watch in glossy ads pre-internet but I think I actually saved one of the ads for this very reason.

Thank you - and yes, it does make a lovely pendant! I have one just like that saved, made by an Etsy seller if I remember correctly. I’d usually go for something more abstract just like that, but I’m not sure yet if I want a more realistic butterfly now

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
i saw this and thought of this thread, it's Tiffany butterfly ring, though I'm not sure if it is only pendants you are looking for. Sorry for your loss.

ETA: the listing also says there is a matching necklace.

UK ebay.

1634240704847.png

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
i saw this and thought of this thread, it's Tiffany butterfly ring, though I'm not sure if it is only pendants you are looking for. Sorry for your loss.

ETA: the listing also says there is a matching necklace.

UK ebay.

1634240704847.png

Thank you - I havenae considered the wee ring yet, it is adorable

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I came across this vintage butterfly necklace on Rubylane this morning -- really quite attractive to my eyes with maybe Art Deco vibe (?) and looks well-made -- listed at $650 but also has the "Make Offer" button. I have not purchased from this vendor before but would consider her reputable. Fyi, vendor is located in Austria.

https://www.rubylane.com/item/765870-AB4/Vintage-Diamond-Sapphire-necklace-14k-yellow?search=1
1635003123960.png

Thank you! This is lovely. I checked ruby lane once and there were a ton more unique interesting butterflies there, I’ve been meaning to go back and look again

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@e2the3rd, not sure if you are still looking but I came across this tonight and thought it might fall into the edgy category. (Or maybe it's too dainty/quirky).

1635452623086.png

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
@e2the3rd, not sure if you are still looking but I came across this tonight and thought it might fall into the edgy category. (Or maybe it's too dainty/quirky).

1635452623086.png

Ohh aye, I’m still looking. This is loovely and I havnae seen one this interesting, but I think I want something more simple. Thanking you! (I’m trying to speak Scottish to you based on what I’ve picked up from my favorite show on the telly, howm’I doan?)

I think my new plan is if I see something inexpensive I like, I’ll pick it up, but eventually I want to design something myself. My favorite piece is a limited edition sold second hand at a minimum $6,000, so apparently I have far too expensive taste!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results