shape
carat
color
clarity

In a job posting what does this mean...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Today i was looking on line at a few job posting and noticed that in the description of a few retail jobs it states that the position is full time and then goes on to state in parentheses that its contracted.What does that mean exactly? One position is for a full time manager/ employee that works on a commission basis($5.00 per hour plus commission to equal 9-10.00 an hour)selling in a retail store with 5 locations.Thanks for the help.JM

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about the USA, but here in the UK I would assume that the job meant you were employed on a non-permanent basis and so didn't have the same rights and protections that a permanent contract would give such as pension contributions, enhanced benefits, more difficulty in firing you etc

That said, we have much stronger labour laws than you guys so it could be very different.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd assume that a full-time, contracted position would be full time hours for a limited amount of time (3-6 months or so). My husband saw a few positions that were listed that way when he was out of work a few years ago. A lot of time companies may not want to fully invest in a new employee so they start out someone in a contracted position. If all goes well, they'll extend an offer and make the position a permanent one.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pandora and Zoe.I asked a friend that is self employed this evening about this question and he suggested that it means the employee is acting as a contracted employee or that he/she isn't paid the same amount on a regular basis and that they are not open to benefits from the company.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I would imagine it means different things in different companies. In mine, the major distinction is that these employees are not offered benefit packages. My company encourages its contractors to apply for full time positions within the company if one comes up that fits their skills. I think the only way to know the difference for sure is to ask that particular company!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results