shape
carat
color
clarity

Implantation bleeding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm posting this as a separate topic rather than in TTC just because almost the only only thread that a search will bring up is the TTC thread ... and while I look forward to reading it in its 255 page glory, it's a bit time-consuming if you're immediately curious!

I'm having the weirdest period of my life so far right now, and I'm trying to figure out if it's just a wonky period or something else. I've been off the Pill for about four months now: since then, I've had two absolutely normal periods, 1 last month that was a day shorter than what I'm used to, and now, The Amazing Period that Isn't. I was a day late, and now that things are underway, there's almost no, well, blood. From curious Googling, I know that implantation bleeding usually occurs 8-12 days after fertilization, that about 20% of women experience it, and that it can occasionally be mistaken for an early/light period. But aside from that, nada - if any of you ladies have experienced it, would you share? Both to assuage my curiousity, and to statisfy the urges of PS'rs to come.
41.gif

P.S. - I'm planning to pick up a test tomorrow, if things don't pick up, but I'm kinda loathe to get my hopes up unnecessarily, so if any of you can just say "Pish! That's nothing!" ... don't hesitate.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I didn''t experience it, but I just wanted to make sure that you realize that a test at this point could give you a false negative if you''re pregnant. Implantation typically happens 7-10 days after ovulation and it usually takes a few days after implantation to build up enough hcg in your system to register on a pregnancy test.

I definitely had some weird periods when I stopped my hormonal bc. GL! I hope you get the result you''re hoping for!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had implantation bleeding with my first. It was VERY light and a darker/brown color. Sorry, TMI, I know.

ETA - like Burk, mine was more like spotting than anything else.

Best of luck to you!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I had it. It started a little later than the time my period was supposed to show up and lasted about 4 or 5 days...it was basically just spotting. I took a test shortly after (because I had other symptoms like my skin broke out and I was soooo tired) and it was negative. I took another test a week later and sure enough I was preggo. Good luck!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi there!
I''ve had two "spotting" episodes so far...since I wouldn''t call them ''bleeding''
First was about 6-7 DPO and only lasted 1-2 days. Very very little and brownish/sticky. The second was after I got my BFP (so a couple of days after AF was due) and lasted for 3-4 days....again sort of brownish and sticky. It stopped since then!
Good luck :)
M~

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I went off the pill me periods were very light... lasted about 2-3 days and hardly needed a pad. But then, my periods were light pre-pill too, I think. So it is possible that this is just your new period! Don''t worry, amount of flow isn''t related to fertility at all (unless you have extremely heavy flow). But light flow CAN be confusing! I thought my first period when I was TTC was implantation bleeding too!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/6/2009 11:11:34 AM
Author: robbie3982
Circe, I didn''t experience it, but I just wanted to make sure that you realize that a test at this point could give you a false negative if you''re pregnant. Implantation typically happens 7-10 days after ovulation and it usually takes a few days after implantation to build up enough hcg in your system to register on a pregnancy test.

I definitely had some weird periods when I stopped my hormonal bc. GL! I hope you get the result you''re hoping for!

Robbie, thanks for the good wishes, and for the tip! I did *not* know that about the HCG, and I would have been disappointed and ... well, kind of piqued about it, I think. Now, I''ll try to cultivate some patience.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/6/2009 11:19:03 AM
Author: MC
I had implantation bleeding with my first. It was VERY light and a darker/brown color. Sorry, TMI, I know.

ETA - like Burk, mine was more like spotting than anything else.

Best of luck to you!

SO not TMI - exactly what I was wondering. Someone on another thread very discreetly phrased implantation bleeding as being "a different color" from a normal period, which was very diplomatic, but which had me scratching my head. Like ... blue?
41.gif
Or, rather, did they mean brownish, pale pink, hearts-blood crimson ... there''s enough variation between women on "normal" that I was wondering! Thus far, your experience describes what I''m having to a T.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/6/2009 11:20:00 AM
Author: Burk
I had it. It started a little later than the time my period was supposed to show up and lasted about 4 or 5 days...it was basically just spotting. I took a test shortly after (because I had other symptoms like my skin broke out and I was soooo tired) and it was negative. I took another test a week later and sure enough I was preggo. Good luck!

Yep, this sounds like exactly what I''m having, right down to the tiredness. I feel like a giant hamster! I keep going to sleep at 10, and wanting to sleep TO 10. Everything else I''m having, I keep questioning as psychosomatic, but the wonky period and the exhaustion are raising my hopes a bit. But I''m going to try to learn from your experiences, and be patient on the testing! Of course, this is killing me, since I''m not a patient person. When I was applying for jobs, getting accepted or getting rejected didn''t phase me: it was the torturous waiting that made me want to gnaw at my own limbs. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/6/2009 1:04:14 PM
Author: Mandarine
Hi there!

I''ve had two ''spotting'' episodes so far...since I wouldn''t call them ''bleeding''

First was about 6-7 DPO and only lasted 1-2 days. Very very little and brownish/sticky. The second was after I got my BFP (so a couple of days after AF was due) and lasted for 3-4 days....again sort of brownish and sticky. It stopped since then!

Good luck :)

M~

Mandarine, thank you, and ... [plaintively] is there a cheat sheet for the abbreviations in TTC the way there is in Rocky Talk? I have no idea what DPO, BFP, or many of the other acronyms mean! AF, luckily, I figured out.
41.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/6/2009 1:22:22 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
When I went off the pill me periods were very light... lasted about 2-3 days and hardly needed a pad. But then, my periods were light pre-pill too, I think. So it is possible that this is just your new period! Don''t worry, amount of flow isn''t related to fertility at all (unless you have extremely heavy flow). But light flow CAN be confusing! I thought my first period when I was TTC was implantation bleeding too!

Dreamer, good point! The thing is, my periods have always been on the heavy side - back in the day, I always rather enjoyed getting them. They were kind of ... reassuring. Given that the other three periods I''ve had post-pill have all been pretty close to what I remember from before going on the Pill, I''m guessing this one is the one that''s anomalous (though *why* I don''t yet know). It couldn''t take my body 4 months to regulate off the Pill, and then deviate so sharply, could it? Once again, I say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggg!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:47:27 PM
Author: Circe
Date: 3/6/2009 11:20:00 AM

Author: Burk

Yep, this sounds like exactly what I''m having, right down to the tiredness. I feel like a giant hamster! I keep going to sleep at 10, and wanting to sleep TO 10. Everything else I''m having, I keep questioning as psychosomatic, but the wonky period and the exhaustion are raising my hopes a bit. But I''m going to try to learn from your experiences, and be patient on the testing! Of course, this is killing me, since I''m not a patient person. When I was applying for jobs, getting accepted or getting rejected didn''t phase me: it was the torturous waiting that made me want to gnaw at my own limbs. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My AF has been all over the place since I went off the pill this time (didn''t do that last time). Try and wait until next week to test. I know how hard that is! I soooo hope you are preggo!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have bleeding but I had errrr...other issues
14.gif
Every body relates differently so obviously the only way you will know for sure is a HPT. BTW, I tested too early and had 3 false negatives (including one at the doc''s office). Be sure to test after you are officially late.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:42:18 PM
Author: Circe

SO not TMI - exactly what I was wondering. Someone on another thread very discreetly phrased implantation bleeding as being 'a different color' from a normal period, which was very diplomatic, but which had me scratching my head. Like ... blue?
41.gif
Or, rather, did they mean brownish, pale pink, hearts-blood crimson ... there's enough variation between women on 'normal' that I was wondering! Thus far, your experience describes what I'm having to a T.
How exciting!!! And, like others said, wait a few weeks to test. . .(if you have the will power. . .I didn't!)

Some pregnancy tests are more sensitive than others. . .I cannot remember which brands, but possibly you can google to find which ones are!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I had implantation bleeding at around 11 DPO a few days before my period was supposed to show up. I had pinkish and brownish discharge that last two days and bad cramps. Good luck!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for all the input/advice, guys! The period went normalish, if still light, for one full day, which makes me think it probably wasn''t implantation bleeding ... but, at the same time, it was odd enough that I''ll buy a test next week. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results