- Jan 30, 2009
Hello! I am a short-time lurker but long-time L-I-W. My SO and I have been together for over 6.5 years and have finally decided it is the right time to get the ball rolling on getting engaged. I am a 3rd year grad student in a PhD program and SO got a job in my city about 1.5 years ago. We''ve been in nesting mode but now we''re settled and ready to move on to the next step. We started looking at rings about a month ago, but we''ll probably get engaged this summer. We''ve both agreed on the Tiffany Novo, but the problem has been getting a ring within our specs and budget. As strange as it sounds, there is just nothing available right now. Our Tiffany SA said that Novos in larger carat sizes (we are aiming for 2 cts) are harder to come by in the system and the ones available have very high clarity (VVS1) so it drives up the price. We are even 3rd on the waiting list to see the ones available! Since we are not getting engaged until the summer, we have a lot of time to wait for the right ring to come along, but it has been totally excruciating for me! I am normally pretty patient about things but getting engaged and having my dream ring has made me a little crazy! It is nice to see a supportive community exists for the state-of-mind I am in! I look forward to being more active on this forum!