shape
carat
color
clarity

IMO...we need a PS buy/sell forum for members with...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enablers! :nono: :appl:

Yay! This would/will be a wonderful addition to PS. I'd feel a lot safer buying something here than from some random e-bay person (I know it is never completely safe, but I think it would be less prone to issues).

Besides..... PSer's have THE best sparklies!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
This would be terrific for those w/ over 1,000 posts! I hope it works out for everyone.

I'll have to stick to more traditional routes for some time to come w/ my low post count... ;-)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is an excellent idea!!!! I can't wait!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LGK|1316645555|3022470 said:
Deia, I just about died over the moniker "Voldemort"- way appropriate! :lol: :lol:

LOVE IT here too. Voldemort. roflmao.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1316628740|3022277 said:
LGK|1316585907|3021977 said:
Totally, as long as it doesn't devolve into a feeding frenzy of trade members pushing their goods.
for non trade members only.. ;))

Just as long as I can still get a shot at buying the lovelies... :naughty: I admit that many of my favourite stones have come from other PSers: minty tourmaline, a lovely blue/pink bicolour, my diamond pendant - the list is long.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Maybe the mods could also take into consideration how long a person has been with Pricescope. Some, like myself, have been here for many years reading and learning.. It just took a little longer before we were comfortable posting.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps they could also limit the number of items a person could sell to some reasonable number.
This would discourage pros.
One or two legitimate non-pros fanatics with 50 pieces to sell would be out of luck, but too bad.

Also, Admin could use their personal knowledge of posters, like everyone knows about a few members with collections that are not typical.
Laurenthepartier has a zillion beautiful colored stone asshcers, Phoenix's large collection of substantial diamonds, my FCDs . . . etc.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
ruby59|1316658452|3022594 said:
Maybe the mods could also take into consideration how long a person has been with Pricescope. Some, like myself, have been here for many years reading and learning.. It just took a little longer before we were comfortable posting.

We are certainly considering factors aside from post count. :))

There are many things to consider as you can all see. :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1316660197|3022610 said:
Perhaps they could also limit the number of items a person could sell to some reasonable number.
This would discourage pros.
One or two legitimate non-pros fanatics with 50 pieces to sell would be out of luck, but too bad.

Also, Admin could use their personal knowledge of posters, like everyone knows about a few members with collections that are not typical.
Laurenthepartier has a zillion beautiful colored stone asshcers, Phoenix's large collection of substantial diamonds, my FCDs . . . etc.

I like this limiting idea, kenny! Like a monthly listing limit of 3 or 4 items. And for exceptions maybe a case by case email the admin for permission. Like if someone has a big bad thing happen (flood, fire whatever) and they want to liquidate ... the admins know who we are, and we can ask for an exception to list more than allowed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK WOULD BE GREAT?
If some of our long term members from 2004 and 2006 to post just twice a week in RT and get their post count up and help us too!

Doesn't have to be technical posts. Just ones like... Do you like this setting? Which of these styles do you like better? What would you do with and old stone?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like this a lot. I look foward to seeing this as a feature on PS. Limiting how many items are put up for sale is a good idea.. Less is more to me?? Let one ship sail, etc....

I know it will do well, PS'ers love to buy from PS'ers. That's the key, they have to be PS'ers... Not some random 1 post member...

Just sayin... ;))

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1316655714|3022571 said:
LGK|1316645555|3022470 said:
Deia, I just about died over the moniker "Voldemort"- way appropriate! :lol: :lol:

LOVE IT here too. Voldemort. roflmao.

lol =) glad someone else found it funny :lol: It IS appropriate, huh?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316663091|3022640 said:
YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK WOULD BE GREAT?
If some of our long term members from 2004 and 2006 to post just twice a week in RT and get their post count up and help us too!

Doesn't have to be technical posts. Just ones like... Do you like this setting? Which of these styles do you like better? What would you do with and old stone?

Gypsy, to answer your question, I have been around since 2004, and I read this board a couple of times daily, especially the main RT section. Except for very occasionally, I just do not feel qualified or comfortable giving advice in that area. And I see no point in doing fluff posts just to raise my post count, as it would not benefit the original poster looking for sound information.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
This is wonderful! I cannot wait.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a great idea! I will really need to work on my post count though! :)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great idea- unfortunately would be a long while before I'd reach 1000...

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
YEP I am another one who is here daily but don't post a ton but would love to have a chance at this.

BTW i feel really left out because I don't know what "Voldemort" site is. I am alway looking for new places to buy bling but am not in the "know" of where to go.

:bigsmile:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We have an exciting announcement later today! :))

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
See the announcements at the top of the page. ;))

Voldemort is necessary no more. Enjoy. :))

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea! Eliminate the trade members, deal only with long term regular PSers who have enough jewelry knowledge upfront to know what they are discussing. I am totally for the idea as I have a number of pieces which I no longer love and I don't want to go the ebay route. Have we visited the idea of a private messaging function in the pre-loved section just for long term/regular PSers who listed their items so that transactions can be discussed offline through the pm function? That way the transacton will be conducted outside of PS.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
simplysplendid|1316721102|3023197 said:
Great idea! Eliminate the trade members, deal only with long term regular PSers who have enough jewelry knowledge upfront to know what they are discussing. I am totally for the idea as I have a number of pieces which I no longer love and I don't want to go the ebay route. Have we visited the idea of a private messaging function in the pre-loved section just for long term/regular PSers who listed their items so that transactions can be discussed offline through the pm function? That way the transacton will be conducted outside of PS.

We do not currently have the functionality to do this but it is something we are exploring for the future.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS CHANGE ELLA! PLEASE THANK ANDREY!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
GoOd idea

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results