shape
carat
color
clarity

Imagine this.....I need your help - engagement ring help!!! (Please)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ineedhelp2009

Rough_Rock
Hey guys/gals,

I have been reading through the forums for weeks now and have picked up on some important things. I am hoping someone out there can help me pick out a diamond from bluenile, whiteflash, or whereever it might be!

My criteria I am looking for -
* roughly $5,000 for the diamond
* Must be 1 ct
* princess cut
* G-H or better

Now me just looking at the certificate bluenile provides, I have no way of knowing how brilliant it might be. I like whiteflash due to the fact you can see the diamond you are buying but it seems you pay a premium over there. With the criteria I have set, is there a diamond over at BN within reach that you think would show up brilliant to my doorstep??

The setting is going to be a solitaire - white gold - cathedral. She has giving me hints on wanting it a princess cut, cathedral, and white gold - the rest was up to me and this is going to be a huge surprise when this comes together! She thinks I am years out from asking her the question - we have been together for 3.5 years. I can''t wait!!

So what do you guys see out there? Or point me in the correct direction? I have been to a few local jewelery stores here in town and was not impressed with the diamonds they had.....alot of inclusions - dull - wayyyy overpriced. So looking to press my luck with an online purchase and from the reviews I have read from BN it was worth doing it online.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you can throw my way!!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
This might be a possibility but need to check it out if eye-clean. It is on hold, so might or might not be available. No harm asking.
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=403

Another just slightly under 1c
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=454

What about WF''s X-Factor? There are 2 available.

Is I too low a color grade for you?
GOG has one 0.98c I VS2.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5003/

BN has an AGS0 I VS1, but looks a little to busy to me with 4 chevrons cut.
http://www.bluenile.com/princess-cut-diamond-1-carat-very-good-cut-i-color-vs1-clarity_LD00101674?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=1

That''s all I can find within your budget.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Those are all very nice. Here''s another to consider. 1.045ct D SI2

I want to see photos and have a sales person describe the stone while it''s in their hands. BN doesn''t offer that.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:36:33 AM
Author: swingirl
Those are all very nice. Here''s another to consider. 1.045ct D SI2

I want to see photos and have a sales person describe the stone while it''s in their hands. BN doesn''t offer that.
Nice find, didn''t check higher color grades that F... :p

ineedhelp2009

Rough_Rock
thanks for the quick responses - I took a brief look at the links you provided but my eyes hurt from looking at the screen reading up on diamonds the last 5 hours.......pushing 3 am here and need to be up in less than 4 hours - will look at the links again tomorrow! (I guess later today!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 3:36:33 AM
Author: swingirl
Those are all very nice. Here's another to consider. 1.045ct D SI2

I want to see photos and have a sales person describe the stone while it's in their hands. BN doesn't offer that.
The diamond above looks great, check it is eyeclean to your standards.

indeedhelp, I ditto Swing above that you work with a vendor who has in house Princess, and even with AGS0 has all the cut analysis done such as ASET and photographs.

ineedhelp2009

Rough_Rock
yaaaaaaaawn - back at work now. A friendly bump for the morning to see if I can get more responses - thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results