shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m surprised that I''ve...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Inspired by Zoe''s I''ve never thread, this is the place for things that you''ve done/have happened to you that you never would have expected!

seen a shark when swimming in the ocean! It was one of my biggest fears, and it happened at Hilton Head on my college senior trip. Never again will I go in the water near where people are fishing!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I''m surprised that I''ve flown in an ultralight airplane. My uncle owns one, and I went flying with him. I''m terrified of heights and the aircraft is completely open. It was fun!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised that I became a teacher. I said I would when I was little, and then once I got to college I wanted nothing to do with teaching. I went into a different field for a few years and then decided to go back to school for my masters...and teach.
20.gif

There are days when I''m surprised that I''m married. I was never the type to plan my wedding while growing up. I always thought it would be great if it happened but I wasn''t planning my life around finding someone and settling down. I met my husband five years ago and began to see things a little differently.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I am surprised that I am married, and want kids.

For my whole life, until I met my husband, I honestly had no desire to do either. But something about him...it''s so strange, but so enlightening.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised that I got married 5.5 months after I started dating my husband, 7.5 months after we met. I was always freaked out by people that got engaged very quickly and then married very quickly. Said I would never do it. Then I met my husband and it was all just... right.... and we knew. And I became the person I always said I''d never be.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am surprised
I have flown in a helicopter (scared of heights)
rock climbed (scared of falling)
snorkeled and saw a shark (scared of sharks)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am surprised that I went to medical school. Growing up I always thought I would be an artist or in the humanities. Than I got into high school and found it I am much better at science and found medicine. I also used to pass out at the site of blood. I never thought I would get over that. Not only did I make it though gross anatomy standing on my feet, but I have seen things I never thought I could handle, and been able to continue to do my job without becoming a patient myself (I won''t go into detail for everyone else sake).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I never thought I''d be married at age 24...maybe by 35 or 40, but never so young...I guess it just goes to show you you never know what to expect in life, and sometimes its better not to try to plan
1.gif

Lt. F - I didn''t know you are a Dr. What specialty? (Totally OK if you don''t want to share).

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in the camp of being afraid of heights. So, I''m surprised that I went up in a hot air balloon 2 years ago, and in a helicopter last summer. I figured I might as well experience life!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m surprised that I''ve lived in two different countries, and that I now live over 5 hours away from home. My family is really close, and I wouldn''t even go to a college that was out of an hour radius.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 10:04:47 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I never thought I''d be married at age 24...maybe by 35 or 40, but never so young...I guess it just goes to show you you never know what to expect in life, and sometimes its better not to try to plan
1.gif

Lt. F - I didn''t know you are a Dr. What specialty? (Totally OK if you don''t want to share).

Maybe next year, just because there are not all that many residents in my city, and giving my speciality would narrow it down even more.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''m surprised that...

I''ve swum with dolphins, three foot sting-rays, and manatees
Gotten engaged, My first bf was when I was in college
20.gif

I''m only 22 and have lost a parent
I got a tattoo, and that I want another one

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
- got certified to dive the Great Barrier Reef (a few years prior, some friends tried to get me to join them for scuba certification. I said "Over my dead body.")
- made a career in sales (I hate selling and am an introvert, but yet I am good at what I do.)
- not been able to lose much pregancy weight. Man, who knew it would be so hard!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
- taken several helicopter rides even though I''m afraid of heights
-walked the runway (I''m VERY short!)

I''m still young so hopefully I''ll surprise myself alot more!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
i am suprised that i am engaged and getting married in a few short months. i never thought that i would love someone enough to agree to marriae (i am a child of divorce)

i am suprised i have met a president

i am suprised that i want children . there was a period in my life where i thought that i didn''t want any. now i will be suprised if i CAN. i have a fear that i won''t be able to conceive.

i am suprised that i actually moved and now reside in PA. i am a jersey girl to the core and despise pa.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m surprised that I''ve survived my life and I''m perfectly sane (according to those qualified to judge these things).

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised how much I like to "do it"
31.gif

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
...survived becoming a single mother at 19, loosing my mother to cancer at 21, and raising my (then) eight year old sister and son while nursing my father back from depression; all while working full time and being a student.
...actually went back to school full time and now am 24 credits from graduating.
...been able to stay sane and patient.
...found the love of my life to not only be my son, but my FF and our dog.
...never learned how to play the guitar.
...actually have almost made it to 30 alive.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised that I think I would like children after all.
I''m surprised that I went swimming with sharks. It was so scary but brilliant!
I''m surprised that I went in a helicopter.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine, that is majorly scary!!! Sharks are
32.gif

I''m surprised that I got married at 23 (well, one month shy of 24). I fully planned to be single until at least 30, if not later, and perhaps be one of those progressive single sperm-bank moms if I decided that I wanted kids. Somehow, I met my husband young (19), and it all came together for us.

I''m also surprised that I''ve been able to pursue the career that I''ve always dreamed of. It seemed out of reach for me as a child.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:33:12 AM
Author: tlh
I''m surprised how much I like to ''do it''
31.gif
LOL!

I''m not surprised at all... seems it''s always on your mind!
2.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I''m surprised that I''ve gone ocean kayaking in the dark (five miles round trip) and I didn''t know how to swim! I''ve since learned to swim but being that terrified of deep water I am surprised I let my friend talk me into that one!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread, Sabine!

I''m surprised that I . . .

became a teacher.
still live in the midwest.
am no longer a vegetarian. (I was one until age 19)
married a man over a decade older than me.
only have two tattoos.
am a 28-year-old child of divorce. (Just happened in Sept)
still haven''t learned to play the guitar.
have traveled so extensively, yet still have insane wanderlust.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 11:33:12 AM
Author: tlh
I''m surprised how much I like to ''do it''
31.gif
LOL!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised that I...
became a teacher (seriously, is there a trend over here or what?!)
got married at 24 and owned a house at 25 - I thought I''d be in my 30s by the time either of those things happened
can''t speak another language (not proud of that one)
work out at the Y (PE was my least favorite class in HS, and I grew up in a small town and thought the Y was just a place in a song)
don''t have the desire to live in a big city
really like doing things like cooking, having guests over, and "homemaking" type stuff

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I never thought I''d go camping in the woods.

I never thought I''d become so obsessed with gems and diamonds...

I''m surprised that my senior year of college I''m "talking" to two guys at once! Haha I always figured I''d be the girl getting engaged, and now my life is totally different and I enjoy it!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised that I consume as much ice as I do!
9.gif

I''m surprised that I''m married to my HS boyfriend and we have kids!!! Of course in HS I thought he was ''the one'', what young romantic girl doesn''t think their BF is the one? Turns out I was right!

I''m surprised that I like sushi. My mom almost fainted when I told her I like it. I''m a germophobe...A really really bad one! And yet, I like raw fish.

I''m surprised that I''m the kind of mom I am when my own mother was completely different. Not bad different, her parenting choices were just much different than mine are.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I''m surprised that ...
I am happy and well ajusted having lived my life (it''s filled stuff people don''t talk about).
38.gif

I am not afraid of anything.
I''ve lived overseas and learned other languages.
I''ll eat anything (except meat & green peppers)
I LOVE night diving, heck I LOVE diving!!!
That there is another whole life when your child grows up and leaves, but becomes your friend.
My mother has never managed to stop worrying about everything.
That I have so many pets.
That reptiles are so cool. (I have 3 snakes, a frog, 6 lizards, 2 turtles)
That I love diamonds & dogs so much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results