shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm so jealous of my co-worker and feel kind of guilty

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
I have been with my guy for almost 2 years. 3 weeks ago we bought a diamond together and I am now a lady in waiting. (Trying to be patient)

So after I told my co-worker and her crazy boyfriend who have been dating 5 months about my diamond, she tells him and now she has a bigger diamond ON HER FINGER. He proposed to her on the weekend.

When I saw the posting about it on Facebook... I cried. Not tears of happiness, of jealousy... is there something wrong with me? Why am I having these feelings? Are they normal? I feel like she stole my thunder and now everyone at work is talking about it and I can't get away from it and I have sit here and put a fake smile on my face.

UGH I FEEL LIKE AN A**HOLE. :(

Mia1723

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry! What your feeling is totally normal. Is her diamond that much bigger than yours? Did you want a bigger diamond? If so, be honest with him and tell him that you really noticed your co-workers ring and your now thinking maybe that size would be nice on you. Sometimes going down in color, while still staying colorless, maybe an I , will help the price. I always wanted a bigger diamond andv3 years later we're just now talking about it. You don't want to make the same mistake I did!!

Are you in the 30 day window for a return? Would it be feasible for him? You may want to check out a few online sites to learn the price difference before talking with him. White flash or James Allan are great!

Bottom line, there will always be someone with a bigger diamond, but if your not happy with the current one I say talk to him!!

Good luck ;-)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing you can do about the size of your stone till later.. plus maybe your guy is a better 'keeper' I am somewhat suspicious of people getting engaged after 5 mos.. my wonderful mom used to say "marry in haste, repent in leisure".. I think you are normal to want all the attention on you, just smile!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Glad that you can -vent- here melissa8585!
you are ready for the next step w/ the man you love . . . it's hard seeing someone else having what you are ready for . . . . good advice -smile- at work but vent when you have to. It's a normal human emotion you are having.

"pretty if you can
witty if you must
gracious till it kills you"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Melissa, I am sorry you are feeling so badly about this and as others have said it is normal to feel slightly jealous. However don't beat yourself up further and remember you are 2 different couples and it is difficult to go through life comparing yourself to others. Though it is normal to compare yourself to others and the proverbial keeping up with the Joneses I just don't find it constructive.

My advice is to not compare yourselves to others as your relationship is unique to you and your SO and enjoy yourselves without concerning yourselves about what others are doing. Continue doing what works for you and in time everything will work out. You never really know what is going on in another couples lives and what the future holds. Be happy and present now and enjoy each day with your SO and when the time is right you will know it. You guys have the ring so you know your SO wants to spend the rest of his life with you and vice versa so don't stress.

And sending you (((Hugs))).

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for understanding. I didn't want to come off as some selfish spoiled little brat.

It's funny you said "Keeping up with the Jones'" lol my last name is Jones!

I'm fine with the size of my diamond. It is beautiful and I don't want to break his bank. It's a .6 triple X I VS1 with a 1.2 HCA rate. It has fire! I can't wait to look at it everyday. But that's the problem...

I don't have anywhere else to vent. Last week my boyfriend said he had something to do and I so thought he was getting my diamond set. I'm so impatient but as long as I know there is progress I can manage. I went into his drawer today to get a movie gift card and there it was. Just the diamond STILL sitting in the package. I was so devastated I cried. Thank god he wasn't home because I bawled like a baby.

The reason I am so devastated is because we are going on vacation to Mexico in 4 weeks and I totally thought he was going to propose either by then or on vacation... I'm so beyond disappointed and I hate feeling this way.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you are venting here Melissa . . . . you are a lady in waiting for sure!
and that is what this section is for.

It's tough when you have a trip planned bz (for me anyway) I would be enough w/ the holiday . . . is it bad to say . . . "let's just get this show on the road" buddy. Anyway . . . .
Ummmmm so what do when you are not at work . . .gotta focus your energy on the fun stuff.

melissa8585

Rough_Rock
I am happy to say I am not longer a lady in waiting!!! I'm ENGAGED!!!! Couldn't be happier with the way the ring turned out! Yay! :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
melissa8585|1428515140|3858706 said:
I am happy to say I am not longer a lady in waiting!!! I'm ENGAGED!!!! Couldn't be happier with the way the ring turned out! Yay! :)

Very exciting! Congratulations! Glad you didn't have to wait too long after your initial post in this thread, though it probably seemed like forever. Any pictures?

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!!! That's wonderful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1428624556|3859550 said:
melissa8585|1428515140|3858706 said:

Very exciting! Congratulations! Glad you didn't have to wait too long after your initial post in this thread, though it probably seemed like forever. Any pictures?

Congratulations!!! And I second the request for pictures pretty please. :appl:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!
Would love to hear the story of how your fiancé proposed and photos of your sparkler.
:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results