shape
carat
color
clarity

i''m proposing tomorrow... this is how

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

groovephi

Rough_Rock
i posted my idea in this forum last week. since then, my plans have changed.
me and my gf live in baltimore.
i told her i would like to take her to a museum tomorrow after work.
she might be on to me because i was adamant about the ''museum''. i just want to make sure she can finish her schoolwork early so that my plans wont fall through.
im going to e-mail her directions to the ''museum'' which will turn out to be directions to the henderson''s wharf inn in fell''s point. ill have a change of clothes (dress, makeup and shoes) waiting for her so that she can shower and dress and wait for my ''friend Gus'' to pick her up a 615.
Gus is a limo driver who will bring her to a restaurant in Little Italy to meet me for dinner.
By the time she reaches the restaurant she will know whats about to happen, but I''ll leave her suspenseful by waiting until desrt to presnt the ring.

Here is where I''m stuck. I''m deciding between several ideas for the proposal.
I was thinking of ordering white wine and having the ring placed in the glass OR
printing WILL YOU MARRY ME? on something to insert in the desert menu

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Desert menu print off all the way. I''d be too nervous, personally, having my ring in some wine/champagne. Then you have to fish it out, dry it off, etc. My hands would be shaking, and it would end up taking longer just to get the ring on me! Just my 2 cents...

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Your plan sounds great!
36.gif
I''m sure she''ll love it!
I ditto the dessert menu over the ring in the glass as well. Someone posted some photos recently where they had the waiter bring dessert and ''Will you marry me'' was written on the plate in chocolate - that looked pretty cool too, but I do like your idea of having something in the dessert menu (so long as she''s not too full from the main course, and going to skip dessert!)
Best wishes for the proposal
1.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, How exciting!! I always thought the ring in the champagne would be cool then I realized it would be all sticky and icky after that, so i would steer clear! The dessert thing sounds great and there was someone last week who posted pics of the same thing and it was really great! Considering this is kinda obvious that you are up to something are you sure you don''t want to do it before dinner at a special spot... or keep her in suspense until dinner and dessert are over. Maybe the waiter could bring out a doggie bag and leave it on the table and walk away... And you could have the ring in there and she would want to open it bc you guys didn''t ask for a doggie bag... then you could do it. Just thinking out loud here... Regardless... Congrats! Let us know how it goes!

groovephi

Rough_Rock
THIS IS HOW IT WENT DOWN...

I told her I''d email her directions to the ''museum'' around 4:00 when i ''left work''. She got near the hotel around 500, but was frustrated when she didn''t see a museum. when she found out it was an Inn, I told her to come in. She must''ve been expecting me to be in the room but I was not here. I had her dress, toiletries, make-up, shoes, etc, waiting for her, along with the bottle of white wine, the powerpoint presentation and a big bouquet of flowers.
at 6:15, the limo driver came to pick her up. meanwhile, i was at the restaurant''s bar drinking away the nervousness.
i was seated on the second level of La Scala. the table was overlooking a balcony with a bocce ball court on the bottom floor of the restaurant. we basically had the entire section to ourselves. while at the bar, i ended up getting to know my waiters/waitress by first name and introduced them all to my girlfriend upon her arrival.
we had appetizers, wine, dinner, desert and i then proposed. (i''m cutting out all the sentimental stuff).
then she got on the phone to call EVERYBODY!!!

it was the best night of my life.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I am glad it all worked out! Very exciting! Now you know pictures are in order!!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
So glad it went well for you
1.gif
So do you have any handshots??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results