shape
carat
color
clarity

i'm pmsing bad... :(

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Just today, i ate a large bag of flaming hot limon cheetos (that's 10 servings), 3 chicken salads, an avocado, 2 hard boiled eggs, a whole bag of chocolate, 3 lollipops, 2 cups of coffee, some tea, a few cookies, a whole corn, and some fruit. It's not even dinner time yet and i'm already starving. I'm SUPPOSED to be eating healthy before my hawaii trip so I can look decent in a bikini, but i just CANNOT CONTROL MYSELF!!!

That's all. Just wanted to throw a pity party because i'm really mad at myself. All that food just negated a whole week's workout. :((

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Step away from the Cheetos, and no one will get hurt. :bigsmile:

Leave the house. Go somewhere where food is not available. Suck on sugar free candy. Drink low-cal fruit juice if you need something sweet. Drink V-8 if you need something salty. But, Lordy, girl, stop chewing and swallowing today! :wink2:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm still at work. good thing is i'm completely out of snacks!! :bigsmile:

Now i need to make sure i change before i leave work, or else i'll get into my car and go home instead of walking across the street to the gym. 45 more minutes... i can make it. Better start stretching. The food network better not be on all the TVs there.

Speaking of which, why do they show the food network at the gym? WHY?? it's bad enough that we're all being health conscious and watching our food... but that's just mean!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
no stocking up new snacks!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'd ask them to change the channel.

Stock your drawers with nothing but healthy snacks.

Back away from the chip aisle.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
limon cheetos? and they were flaming?? :shock: My tummy hurts for you. I don't think you're alone though. I tried hard to stay good today but it didn't necessarily work (I'm eating dried cranberries right now :nono: )

-A

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I was good!! i burned about 800 calories during my workout... that's like, 3 servings of cheetos?

My usual PMS food includes Popeye's spicy fried chicken skin... just the skin, w/ tabasco sauce, and rice. I get about 4 pieces of thighs or breast, peel off the skin and just go to town. But I didn't do that today!

I'm going to have an apple for dinner. :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
WTF is your workout!?!?! I NEED it! Lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my pms food when I was in my teens/early 20's was peppers and cheese...the hotter the better. somewhere along the way something went terribly wrong one time and it put my business end on fire. so yeah, I don't touch that anymore. I envy those with iron tummy's.

But anyway, good job in the gym and working off that bag of cheetos!! I busted my ass yesterday, my workout lasted nearly 2 hours but I needed it. (i'm sore today though)

-A

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Have you talked to your dr about your PMS?? It sounds a lot like what my best friend went through. They finally discovered the ridiculous carb-filled cravings were to increase her serotonin levels. She takes a serotonin medicine the week before her period and has been much better.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm usually not like this at all w/ carbs, i only crave fried chicken skin and tabasco sauce! Thinking back, i should have known this would happen. i started the Paleo Diet a month ago. No grains, no dairy. Just lean meats, lots of fruits and veggies, and nuts. It's supposed to take you back to how the body is supposed to function back when we lived in caves. Faster, more energetic... all it did was make me cranky because i hate soy in my latte. About a week ago, i had a breakdown. ate pasta for 3 days straight, all 3 meals. Then i went out and bought a bunch of junk food... and proceeded to eat it all today. Bah. Prior to this diet I was doing so well too. Healthy lean meats and lots of veggies. I just couldn't do w/o the grains and dairy.

Physically, i'm not muscular at all. Pretty much just bone and fat. I am a skinny fat girl, and at one point i had 30% body fat while weighing about 100lbs. i'm 5'2. 30% of me was fat! My dr couldn't belive it and used 3 different readers... then said i would probably die of a heart attack if that kept up. Told me to lay off the fatty food and start building muscles. Now i'm about 105lbs, down to 23-24% body fat and a lot more muscular, but the spice craving is still there. I LOVE spicy stuff, and eat the flaming hot cheetos w/ limon mostly for the powder... :nono:

My workout today was: 24 stories of real stairs, not the climber machine. My building is 12 floors (2 flights each cloor), and i'll climb up and take the elevator down so i dont put excess pressure on knees. I scaled my building twice. :) Walked to LA fitness down the block, spent 40 mins on two different ellipticals- level 7-11 resistance, varying degrees, 20 mins cross training, weights, core, pilates. Walked back to my car. According to my monitor.. that's about 800 calories. I think i did pretty good :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ForteKitty, don't beat yourself up about your lapse. First of all your workouts are incredible and you shouldn't feel bad about your PMS slip. Just get right back to eating healthfully and IMO stay away from any restrictive diets that ban whole food groups like grains. I am a big believer in the Mediterranean way of eating and nothing is banned. Lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins.

Anyway, a small lapse means nothing in the long run as long as you don't let it ruin your long term healthy eating and exercise plan so don't feel bad about yourself. Your workouts are impressive and show your dedication level to looking and feeling great.

Good luck and I am sure you will look great on vacation!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ok Forte - holy MOLY that's a workout! I need to be that dedicated.

As to the diet. I despise the Paleo diet, and anything that cuts carbs that harshly. Your body requires carbs to feed your brain. Complex carbs are actually helpful in burning fat, and keep your digestive system healthy. If you stick to one serving a day of healthy grains you shouldn't be having any problems. Oatmeal is a great whole grain to have and it keeps you full.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine did Paleo and after about a month she ended up doing the same thing you are - she demolished 2 boxes of Thin Mints, a quart of ice cream, a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich SMOTHERED in sauce, and several other things that I can't remember any more (but I remember being impressed at her ability to keep it all down).

Honestly, this may be a combo of PMS and your body telling you Paleo isn't working and you need carbs. Look at everything you ate - that's a TON of carbs! Your body is sending you a very clear message.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I don't like restrictive diets that eliminate whole food groups. Almost everyone I know who have gone on these type of diets has terrible food cravings, lapsese and gains more weight, etc. I'm not a big fan of "dieting" it just sets up a response in your body to hold onto calories even more. The only diet worth being on is one that you would be healthy being on and satisfied being on the rest of your life. High protein, low carb diets have not been tested beyond a year out, and even at that point people may show kidney issues.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, i hope you guys dont think i work out like that all the time. I get really energetic before my period (the week prior), and i go a little nuts on the workouts. Normally it's about half that! I will climb stairs once a day mid day though, just to get my blood pumping since i sit almost 10 hours a day at work.

Yea, this paleo diet is officially a fail for me. It worked for a friend and he lost 20lbs in 3 months, and it fixed his digestive problems, but it's not for me. They say you can get carbs from veggies.. but i really question how much veggies you have to eat to get the same as a piece of bread. I had oatmeal for breakfast today, and i'm getting hawaiian food for lunch. No cravings yet!

princesss|1305821059|2925714 said:
A friend of mine did Paleo and after about a month she ended up doing the same thing you are - she demolished 2 boxes of Thin Mints, a quart of ice cream, a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich SMOTHERED in sauce, and several other things that I can't remember any more (but I remember being impressed at her ability to keep it all down).

Honestly, this may be a combo of PMS and your body telling you Paleo isn't working and you need carbs. Look at everything you ate - that's a TON of carbs! Your body is sending you a very clear message.

Haha i totally relate to her. It's like the tazmanian devil took over my body.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results