shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m pathetic...lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
When I designed my ring, I drew it in 10x magnification by measuring the width of my finger. Now I''m having the "Why is the jeweler working on other clients and not my ring???" syndrome. So what do I do to calm myself down? I take my design, go upstairs to the copy machine, shrink it to 1/10th, tape the paper together and wear it on my finger...
23.gif
I am surprised at myself that I have stooped to this level.
At least I''m not as insane as to walk around with it on
4.gif
. Ah...Back to research, where my mind cannot dwell on trivial issues as this. *sigh*

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Aww, you''re just excited, it''s okay! Haha I guess just try to be patient, but that''s hard to say considering I wasn''t patient...at all.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
lol i would totally wear a paper ring on my finger like you do :)

Hahahaha cute.

Every now and then (not often!!) I snoop Bluenile (because that''s the 1st diamond site I''m sure my SO knows about) and look at recently purchased engagement rings... then I drool for a little bit. Then I kick myself and get back to work.

Hopefully your jeweler gets to your order fast!!!

-MPS

Nitza1124

Rough_Rock
LOL thats too funny
9.gif
...well at least now you kind of have an idea of how it will look on you
2.gif
!!!!! o0o and dont worry just like smurfy i would totally wear a paper ring too!!!!!
9.gif
3.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Haha, that is so cute. I actually think I would do that as well.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, thank you everyone! I was worried that I was borderline neurotic, but I knew you ladies would understand! Wouldn''t it be grand if we started seeing random people out there wearing paper rings...
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Phew - I am not the only nutter
9.gif
I was stressing about the width of my yet to arrive ering band, so I spent ages yesterday carefully downsizing, measuring and printing a life size replica of my ring. Once I had got it right I put it on my finger to see if I could get a feel for it. SO just looks at me like I have finally gone off the deep end lol!!

I am happy to say, it looks MUCH better in real life than a small, unevenly cut piece of photo paper balancing on my ring finger.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha that is so cute!! I didn''t put a paper ring on my finger but the one time I always imagined having the ring on my finger was when I used to go to the gym and do sit ups with that little machiney thing. For some reason it always made me think of what my finger would look like with my ring on....strange
3.gif

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
Yea, My BF is doing a wire transfer for my ring today. I can''t help but look at the pic they sent of my diamond every ten mins. I think I may becoming obsessed. Let''s just say I am not getting much work done as my mind is wondering...Lol then I read this thinking I wish I had a piece of paper like that so I could see how mine would look...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL you''re not alone! I found an actual size diamond shape thingie, and have been tempted to cut out the different sizes and put them on my finger to see how they look. Oy...
1.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is just too cute!! I find I keep rubbing my left ring finger. Like it will magically be on my finger the more I rub it
20.gif

PostIt

Rough_Rock
sunnyd,

I have actually done this! I''ve tried to make a paper ring but it doesnt work that well and then I feel silly. But apparently, I''m not alone.

I find that my left ring finger just doesnt feel right, like its desiring that engagement ring finally! sympathy pains or something like that!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
you''re just excited, thats all and who could blame you???

Just keep yourself busy during the waiting period (I''ve found that nesting helps...buying your ring cleaner, a jewelry box, a travel jewelry box, wedding planner, magazines, etc!)

Cant wait to see the *real* pictures!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Woo, I''m not alone!! I can see how most of the rings won''t work this way, because most rings out there need a 3D model to capture the beauty, not just a flat piece of paper...Luckily my design only concerns the top view, so it sort of works.

When I''m with my BF, I find myself staring at my finger. BF just rolls his eyes
20.gif
He thinks the best way to calm me down is to tell me the worst things possible. "What if the jeweler is so lazy he doesn''t bother giving us updates?" "He might make a HUGE error, and we have to start all over again!" "If the CAD doesn''t come out right, that''s going to push it back at least another week." I understand what he is trying to say, but now I''m just freaking out about my jeweler
39.gif

In a way, I''m glad I don''t have the ring yet. I''m so rough and clumsy! I catch myself banging my hand all over the place, and I think "gosh, I can''t do that once I have the ring!"
So to take Italiahaircolor''s advice, insane me have another project! I have mentally designed a pouch to keep my ring in when I''m about to do something, like move boxes. It will work both hanging on a necklace and from a belt loop! Now all I need is someone to give me her sewing machine...lol

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine keeps going "Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Did you call her? What''s going on with the ring?"

As if I''m not driving myself nuts about it. I call her like every two days asking her what''s going on. I''m lucky she likes me or else she''d want to charge me extra for the phone time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results