shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m new here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Hello fellow Pricescopers!

Through various google searches for everything e-ring related, I have come across a lot of valuable info here. I decided to join so I can get some input from someone other than my boyfriend (who, by the way, is sick of hearing about engagement rings!)

Just to introduce myself...
My man and I have been together for 5 1/2 years and engagement/marriage seems to be the next step. We have been casually shopping for rings the past few months and plan on buying as soon as we can get our finances together. (Hopefully within the next couple of months.) We have looked at every jewelry store in our area and I have looked extensively at online selections. I am discovering that I am VERY picky! I like vintage style rings with a halo and a 1.25-1.5c center stone. I fell in love with a setting at chain store, but am worried the halo is limiting the size of the stone and the way it is set. (I am leaning toward bezel set, as I tend to not like prongs sticking up.) In addition, I thought I wanted a princess cut stone, but am now leaning toward round brilliant. (I have a .25c round brilliant solitaire "promise ring" and thought I was tired of round stones.)

I am overwhelmed by all the choices! I have found many settings I LIKE, but haven''t found the one I LOVE! Stay tuned...

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Chloe!!
36.gif
Great to have you here.

Hope you enjoy the ring shopping, I''m doing that too right now - so much fun!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Chloe! You will find many other picky ladies on here, I promise! Post your wish list about settings over in Rocky Talky and I''m SURE one of the PSers over there will find you a perfect match!

Make sure to add yourself to the list! I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Chloe! Do you have any pictures of the setting you liked at the B&M store? Or pictures of the settings you like but don''t love...and can tell us what could be changed to make you LOVE it? RockyTalky might get more hits though than here, but either way, welcome!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
The setting I liked at the chain store is not listed online and unfortunately my own pics of it didn''t turn out very well. But like I said, I was thinking princess or cushion cut and now I''m leaning toward round brilliant. Here are the links to the ones I''m liking at the moment...

Scott Kay Vintage Haven''t seen this one in person yet, but am loving what I''ve seen online. Conveniently, my favorite chain store is an authorized dealer for Scott Kay.

Danhov Love the clean lines and modern feel of this one. Unfortunately, there is only ONE jewelry store in my area that carries this designer. Haven''t seen it in person yet.

Tiffany & Co. Went to the Tiffany store with the Legacy in mind but didn''t like it on my finger! This one was much better.

Let me know what you think, ladies!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I''m a relative newbie too, but was lurking a couple years prior to making an account. It took me 2 years before deciding my ring and I got led astray by some majorly tempting designs on here. You will find that one special ring before you know it!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chloe, Welcome to Pricescope!

You might like a design from Single Stone
some folks on here are quite happy with their work - they do a lot of vintage stuff.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks HopeDream, I''ll look into that!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chloe, welcome to LIW
35.gif
its all a bit of an information overload, isnt it? once you start really looking...

But it sure is fun
9.gif

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve also found these settings that I like...and it seems like since1910 has great prices on loose diamonds, so I''m thinking a 1.25c from there...

Martin Flyer I like that these flyerfit rings are made to fit with a band...that''s a problem with some other halo settings I''ve looked at, they just don''t look right with a band!

Tacori I also like the idea of this one. It''s much more delicate than others I like. I think the thinner band and halo would make the center stone look bigger and the thinner band might look better on my finger. (I wear a standard 7-ish ring size, but my fingers are long and skinny...grew up playing classical piano!)

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 6:23:05 PM
Author: ChloeTheGreat
I''ve also found these settings that I like...and it seems like since1910 has great prices on loose diamonds, so I''m thinking a 1.25c from there...

Martin Flyer I like that these flyerfit rings are made to fit with a band...that''s a problem with some other halo settings I''ve looked at, they just don''t look right with a band!

Tacori I also like the idea of this one. It''s much more delicate than others I like. I think the thinner band and halo would make the center stone look bigger and the thinner band might look better on my finger. (I wear a standard 7-ish ring size, but my fingers are long and skinny...grew up playing classical piano!)
Yes, this one is my favorite out of all of them. I don''t like halos that overwhelm the centre stone

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, Chloe! I must say, I love your taste in jewelry!

But I must say, the Tacori is my favorite out of all the ones you''ve shown us!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies!

The tacori setting IS gorgeous. Now I need to go find an authorized dealer and try it on!
5.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to LIW, Chloe! I love your taste in rings! All those that you''re looking at are just gorgeous!! Can''t wait to see what you end up with! May your stay be short and sweet!!!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
I am also new here and I must say - I love your taste in rings! Gorgeous!! I also thought I liked one style and then realized I don''t think i would...

I also have the predicament that I know my SO loves shopping for the perfect things for me but has never bought any jewelry before...Nervous much?!? We have been together 6.5 years and I don''t think we are set to be engaged soon, he is still in college for his masters. We will see!

Good luck on your shopping, I look forward to seeing your final choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results