shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m here and I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
So, the sweetest guy in the world asked me to marry him last night and I said "Yes.". Very excited. I knew something was up yesterday b/c Ben was acting like a weirdo and he emailed me telling me to meet him at the place we had our first date.

I've known Ben and I were going to get engaged for a while b/c we had looked at rings together and he asked me to research what I liked. Then one day he came to me and said he had a stone that was in his grandmother's engagement ring and wanted to know if I liked it. Of course, I loved it. I mean, I'm a sentimental girl and the fact that his mom wanted me to have his grandmother's stone is very special to me. Plus, it's beautiful too. So with that, he told me to pick out any setting I would like for it. I saw the Ritani setting online, tried it on at Fortunoff, loved it and the rest was up to him.

So, like I said, I kind of thought it would happen last night. On my way home from work, it started pouring and thundering and lightning. Ugh. I get home and tulips everywhere! (Needless to say, we ended up not going to the bar we had gone to on our first date b/c of the effing storm.)

He said some sweet things to me and asked me. Then we popped open some champagne and called our families. They are very happy, as well. My mom loves Ben and so do my older bro's.

We then went to our favorite local Italian restaurant, ate and drank, and watched our Yankees get spanked by the Angels. No matter though b/c I was too excited about Ben and I to care about that. It's a weird feeling but a good weird. I know Ben and I are definitely meant to be. Yay!

Today I have a killer champagne hangover!
9.gif

I LOVE my ring.
30.gif
I was completely blown away with how beautiful it came out. For those of you who don't know, I got the Ritani Endless Love setting with the bezel around my stone. My stone is an old european cut diamond, about a carat. Those are the only details I know. We have to get the ring appraised and insured ASAP.

I'm sorry I didn't get back you last night or this morning but I don't have pictures yet! and I KNOW they're important!! I promise to try to get some good ones tonight and post them right away.
35.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congrats!! Sounds like you had a great time last night. I love the older cut diamonds, and it''s so special to have his grandmother''s stone in your e-ring. I can''t wait to see pics!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I didnt post in the other thread, but i kept checking on the status! Cant wait for pics!
36.gif

This is a big week for the LIWs!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh congratulations, I bet you are just thrilled!!! Best wishes to you both and of course the ring sounds amazing!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh!!! I kept checking back until late last night to see if there was an update! I was totally hoping that no news was good news and you were too busy with your fiance to update us -- glad I was right!

Congratulations to the two of you & can''t wait to see pictures of your ring!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oooh i''ve been checking all day to see if yesterday was your day! congrats... everything sounds wonderful!! can''t wait to see your pics
36.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Glad to hear your instincts were "right on!" How exciting for you and what a wonderful story!! Now we need to see those pix!! Don''t forget the handshots!!
36.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful!!!!!

I can''t wait to see your ring- it sounds beautiful! There are a few of us who are waiting for our oec or omc stones to become dream rings, so that makes it even more special! Congrats all around!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I can''t wait to see the pictures!

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!! We''ve been waiting all day for this news
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What a wonderful proposal, and I can not WAIT to see that stunning ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
YAYYYY Morticia!!!

Congratulations a million times! Are you just beaming or what?! I bet you were staring at your ring all night
2.gif
I can''t wait to see it!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
What a wonderful proposal, I can''t wait to see the pictures.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!! It is such an exciting time for you! I got engaged in December and I am still giddy when I think about it and look down at my lovely ring...and remember what it stands for!!!! Enjoy this special occassion in your lives!!! and please post pics!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Awww, congrats Morticia!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pictures (fellow Ritani Endless Love lover here). Enjoy this time.

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
to you as well! Geeze, there must be something in the air!!! You kept us all waiting on the edge of our seats all night! I know I must have checked back at least 6 times last night, lol. What a special ring you have, it must mean the world to you, I''m really looking forward to the pics!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Your ring sounds gorgeous! Please post pics soon!

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! Sounds like a great day! I can''t wait to see the pictures...

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congrats! Now hurry up with those pictures
31.gif
9.gif
2.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
congrats!! i would say that was a very well deserved champagne hangover! *cheers*

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Can''t WAAAAAAIIIIITTT for the pictures!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Tulips how orignals and how lovely! *hug* you must be so very excited! I hope you can get pictures soon becuase the LIW are dying to see your fabulous new ring!

Shay

Shiny_Rock
YAY! I''m so happy for you, your ring sounds lovely!
36.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
wow, the LIW board seems to have spring fever! diamonds everywhere!!!
CONGRATULATIONS... post pics pls
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!!! Post the pics when you get them. Your OEC ring sounds beautiful and how special and flattering that his mother wanted you to have that family stone :)

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Morticia!!!!!!!!!!!! I can''t wait to see pictures of the ring ~ it sounds so special & I adore Ritani so I know it must be amazing!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Morticia, you''re KILLING us!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
NEED.....RITANI......FIX....
32.gif
32.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2005 2:18
6.gif
1 PM
Author: blueroses
Morticia, you''re KILLING us!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
NEED.....RITANI......FIX....
32.gif
32.gif
haha glad to see i''m not the only one waiting for morticia to post some pictures!!
3.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emgift.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif

I bet because of the thunderstorm you might have enjoyed the moment more in a room full of tulips. I would have.

Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results