carat
color
clarity

Im going to buy these tomorrow?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to celebrate
They are only $200 (NZ)
They remind me of tutty fruity =)2 in that they seem really fun and colourful (but without the tuti fruti price tag ;)2 )
they are 17.5 "
Freshies and some of course are dyed
The colours are nicer than my picture

i went into this jewler in town
they had 2 young jewlers working away on the tools behind the counter
Its a tradional family jewler with clocks and crystal - really nice stuff and no doubt filling a niche in a small provincial city

the stuff they make them selves is contemporary and young and i will test them out with some resizing work in drips and drabs plus attaching a bail to grandma's pearl brooch

Do you think this is a waste of money or should i go for it ?

Attachments

• 20210325_154258.jpg
    20210325_154258.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 38

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, they are very pretty @Daisys and Diamonds ! If they make you happy and you think you’d wear them then go for it!

My only word of caution is that they seem a little overpriced for off round freshies (look at Wen pearls on Etsy for comparison). I’m betting you could get the same look for half the cost.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Think they are dyed off round fwps. So wouldn’t recommend

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Daisy,

My honest opinion is that I think the colours look really fake. Admittedly though the photo may not be colour accurate. Although I understand the appeal of supporting local business I think as @Snowdrop13 suggested you can probably find something much nicer and cheaper on etsy. I haven’t bought from Kongs pearls but others seem to have had a good experience. Here is something that I quickly found:

https://etsy.me/3tRXC0v

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm
Thank you for the words of caution @icy_jade . And @Snowdrop13 .

I might go and just take a closer look at them tomorrow instead

the NZ dollar is not good right now and the govt taxes us 15% on overseas internet purchases
And it would be $35 plus courier fee to get something knotted plus the price of the clasp

I hadn't noticed they were off round
I know they are not great quality
That's what pearls look like in all but the really top end jewlers here:(2
On the plus side they are cheaper than my mall chain jewlery store pearl purchases

For a mair fun strand they are certainly not the bargain my $30 dyed freshies were i got soooo much wear out of - that was a fluke i think :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Daisy,

My honest opinion is that I think the colours look really fake. Admittedly though the photo may not be colour accurate. Although I understand the appeal of supporting local business I think as @Snowdrop13 suggested you can probably find something much nicer and cheaper on etsy. I haven’t bought from Kongs pearls but others seem to have had a good experience. Here is something that I quickly found:

https://etsy.me/3tRXC0v

:lol: the colours look more fake in person

The strand in your link are excellent value

I think its the pure fun of the colours that took my eye
but its not like anything i would have thought i would ever like

hmmmm

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisy we see quite a few posts on this forum and others of people who have bought a nice, high quality strand of pearls but say they never wear them. So the most important thing IMHO is the joy you experience when wearing a strand. If this strand speaks to you and you love it then by all means buy it.

For comparison, I think you can get an off round, mostly metallic strand for that price. I like these all nacre strands but the colors will be more subtle than the strand you are considering. The quality is better, but that really doesn't make a difference if you are drawn to the other strand because it is more colorful and pleasing to your eye. Congrats on your new job and I hope this year brings you blessings and joy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I woke up thinking about them
im really a very conservative person
The colours are like the carnival
(So completly fake looking! :lol: )
and are not in the least bit subtle but i always default back to thinking about my bright blue dyed FW necklase i wore completly out !
That was a fun necklase and i always wore it om Christmas day

This costs 7 times more than that :lol:

...more thinking
Thank you @Lisa Loves Shiny .
@oceanblue and @CMN

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are looking for something with a lot of colour have you considered a metallic ripple strand?

something like this:

https://etsy.me/3sltavj

or for something totally different:

https://etsy.me/31eqFPP

kongs price for stringing is coming up as $8.25 AUD - so probably about $10 NZD.

Holy cow
that is cheap stringing !

You have all given me great ideas i will eventually use
I love those Edisons

i see the same vendors recommended over and over so their names are slowly being ingrained in my brain

i usually like subtlety in pearl colours so i don't quite know why these speak to me

They just look happy to me, festive even, though its a sad time - maybe that's it ???

I have some really nice pearls now, between mum's and some beautiful gifts from PSers
I now know what AAA looks like in my hand in regular lighting at home (in a single and shorts)

I look at their other strands (that look very nice for a mom & pop jewlery store catering to middle NZ) and i know i can do so much better and their price is too much

Reactions: CMN

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are looking for something with a lot of colour have you considered a metallic ripple strand?

something like this:

https://etsy.me/3sltavj

or for something totally different:

https://etsy.me/31eqFPP

kongs price for stringing is coming up as $8.25 AUD - so probably about $10 NZD.

You know i now what to buy everything shown to me on this thread ! :lol::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary was so dam grumpy today
I went and bought them

They felt a bit tight when i put them on - id prefer it another inch longer - but an hour latter i can't even notice them

Im going to call these my carnival strand
My phone doesn't do the bright colours justice
20210326_195114.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did ask the lady to being them outside so i could see them not in the store lights

they have a really awsome super easy clasp

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I need to celebrate
They are only $200 (NZ)
They remind me of tutty fruity =)2 in that they seem really fun and colourful (but without the tuti fruti price tag ;)2 )
they are 17.5 "
Freshies and some of course are dyed
The colours are nicer than my picture

i went into this jewler in town
they had 2 young jewlers working away on the tools behind the counter
Its a tradional family jewler with clocks and crystal - really nice stuff and no doubt filling a niche in a small provincial city

the stuff they make them selves is contemporary and young and i will test them out with some resizing work in drips and drabs plus attaching a bail to grandma's pearl brooch

Do you think this is a waste of money or should i go for it ?

Nothing that brings you joy is a waste of money!=)2

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
They're beautiful! I was hoping that you would get them! And they look lovely on you!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm happy for you, Daisies! If they make you smile, and they bring happiness, they were worth it! They do look nice on you.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look so good Daisys!! I love the colours. Yay for treating yourself!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They go well with the color of that top. Which probably means they will go with other colors you like to wear. =)

Daisy_Margaret

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Those colors are really fun! Looks great on you.

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Cool colors! Congrats on your new piece. :) Wear it in good health, and enjoy the fun, bright colors too! It's a dreary and gray sky here in Colorado today, so fun to see the colors.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Super cheerful and juicy!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Gary was so dam grumpy today
I went and bought them

They felt a bit tight when i put them on - id prefer it another inch longer - but an hour latter i can't even notice them

Im going to call these my carnival strand
My phone doesn't do the bright colours justice
20210326_195114.jpg

They'll stretch a little :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful @Daisys and Diamonds! The cherry color pearls are my favorite. :) I love how you named your new pearl strand the "carnival strand" because it's joyful and fun. They look so lovely on your neck.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that if they bring you joy and you love them, then it really doesn’t matter whether they’re dyed or not, and round or not! We’re good at offering different options and finding deals here on PS. The ultimate most important thing though, is that YOU love them. That’s all that matters!

They look lovely and fun on you. enjoy!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I love pearls anyway- there are lovely things to be had at all price points and colours to suit everyone! My latest $40 strand from Wen is bringing me as much joy as any fancy one would! Enjoy your necklace, it’s very pretty.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A carnival strand is just the perfect celebratory pick-me-up :bigsmile:

Now please share a dozen more photos, at least!! :cool2: :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well not to be a downer but while i was in the shower i left them with Tibby
He's sitting on the china cabinet - one day when we have done the garden after the house is painted and we build a new fence im goimg to bury his ashes in mum's jewlery box 16169243106562013600393.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results