shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m going to be a Mrs!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's official! We just got engaged last night and we're so excited! We went to see Jonatha Brooke near Boston after grabbing dinner and then spontaneously, we drove up the southern Maine coast. We ended up at one of my favorite lighthouses. We sat on a bench for a while, listening to the waves and staring out at the ocean. After a while my boyfriend (now fiancee I suppose!) got up to get his jacket out of the car. He called me over to him and gave me a big bear hug. Then I went back to watching the ocean and he was apparently fishing the ring out of his pocket. He then turned to me and before I knew what was happening, he said "if you'll have me, I'd love to be your husband." It all happened so fast! It was so cold out so after a few minutes we got back in the car and that's my fiancee said, "you know, I don't think you actually said yes." It's such a blur but I think all I said at first was "really? seriously?" about 10 times. So then I said yes and began crying.

We spent the day today visiting our families and sharing the news with friends by phone.

I'll try to get pics posted as soon as I can find my fiancee's digital camera. I have the pics that WF sent my fiancee so I'll try to post those as well. I just wanted to share my news!

1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, congrats Zoe!!! Sounds like a perfect proposal, best wishes to you both. Woohoo!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulation, Zoe! What a great engagement story.

Can''t wait to see the pictures!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, How wonderful!!!

I can ''hear'' your joy and excitement in your post!
30.gif
30.gif

Heartiest congratulations!

widget

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Zoe, congrats! I''m so happy for you! Your proposal story sounds wonderful!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s see if this works.

zoesring1 (2).jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one.

zoesring2 (2).jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one.

zoesring3 (2).jpg

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that looks fantastic, Zoe! Thanks for sharing! I love that setting on your e-ring--gorgeous!
30.gif
Congrats again!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The rings are so delicate and exactly what we wanted. The center is .92 RB, G SI 1 and the pears are .20 G SI 1.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!! it is gorgeous!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I am so happy for you
9.gif
Gorgeous ring
30.gif
Can''t wait for a hand pic
35.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful! Congratulations Zoe!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yayyyyy!!! Congrats!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!! I''m so glad it''s official!!! I love the Maine coast... what a treat! Your ring is just gorgeous and the band is really special too! Congratulations Zoe!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Zoe!!!! YAY!!! What a beautiful set!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations, zoe! What a wonderful proposal story
36.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Zoe!!!!!!!!! Its a beautiful ring!!!!!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, I love your ring! What a sweet proposal, and congratulations to both of you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay!! Congratulations!! Im thrilled for you
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you SO MUCH everyone!! I can''t wait to get to school this morning and tell my kids. It''s such a great feeling -- I highly recommend it to anyone (getting engaged, that is).
1.gif

As much as I love the pics from WF, the rings are much thinner in person. It''s funny how wide the wedding band looks in the picture because it''s so much smaller in real life.

1.gif

Zoe

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Congratulations! How wonderful.
1.gif

Hey, btw, I was reading my very first bride **** mag, and I had you in mind about the gown you''d look gorgeous in issue (I''m SO not 6 ft tall either, so I hear ya!) and I saw two companies advertising their gowns for every shape adn size with lovely pictures of beautiful ''human-being-size'' not emaciated models: David''s Bridal, and Alfred Angelo. Both have womens sizes for every height it looks like, and gorgeous dresses. Especially the Alfred Angelo. Never seen one in person, but the pics looked lovely.

Let the gown shopping begin! keep us posted!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Zoe: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sounds likes the perfect proposal, intimate and romantic! Now you can go ahead and start the planning with no hesitation!

BTW - you are the fiancee, he is the fiance.
2.gif

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
I just *love* rounds and pears together. So elegant and classic!

Best wishes to you both!

-J

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe,
Beautiful ring and congrats. Best of luck!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 9:16:38 AM
Author: Independent Gal
YAY! Congratulations! How wonderful.
1.gif

Hey, btw, I was reading my very first bride **** mag, and I had you in mind about the gown you''d look gorgeous in issue (I''m SO not 6 ft tall either, so I hear ya!) and I saw two companies advertising their gowns for every shape adn size with lovely pictures of beautiful ''human-being-size'' not emaciated models: David''s Bridal, and Alfred Angelo. Both have womens sizes for every height it looks like, and gorgeous dresses. Especially the Alfred Angelo. Never seen one in person, but the pics looked lovely.

Let the gown shopping begin! keep us posted!
Thanks so much for thinking of me! I''ll definitely have to check out David''s Bridal and Alfred Angelo. I''ll keep you posted.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 10:22:38 AM
Author: onedrop
Zoe: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sounds likes the perfect proposal, intimate and romantic! Now you can go ahead and start the planning with no hesitation!

BTW - you are the fiancee, he is the fiance.
2.gif
Hi Onedrop!

Really? I never knew that. I thought the correct spelling was fiancee with an accent above the first e (but I can''t figure out how to do accent marks on the computer). I didn''t realize the feminine and masculine spellings differed, but it makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Beautiful ring enjoy it
10.gif

I''m really confused with the whole fiancee and fiance thing. At first I thought fiancee is for the guy and fiance is for the girl. Hmm... onedrop''s explanation seems to make more sense.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
That ring is just so gorgeous! THe band looks like liquid in those fabulous pictures! Congratulations to you both!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Yeah! That''s wonderful! Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results