shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm going naked!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been maskless outdoors (except when singing - my church has been having outdoor services). While I’m pretty comfortable with the idea of being maskless indoors, I will still be paying attention to the circumstances - ventilation, crowding, etc. so I’ll probably continue to pack a mask just in case. There’s a lot of vaccine “hesitancy” where I live.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this!! Omg!!! I have to say I was pretty shocked! Seems so sudden. I fantasize that my school district will allow this bc I dread teaching in a mask! I guess by August we will have more data.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm yeah, I'm not sure about this. It wasn't long ago CDC was worried about variants and was still collecting data on them. I wonder if this is a tactic aimed toward enticing those who are vaccine hesitant to get vaccinated. Unless states/localities adopt a vaccine passport type program, how will it be enforced in public establishments?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm yeah, I'm not sure about this. It wasn't long ago CDC was worried about variants and was still collecting data on them. I wonder if this is a tactic aimed toward enticing those who are vaccine hesitant to get vaccinated.

From what I've read that's at least part of it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
our state is dropping the face mask mandates on June 2nd..not sure how it works with the CDC decision since how do they know you have had the vaccine or not?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
COVID numbers are going to go back up.

The unvaccinated will NOT advertise that they're unvaccinated by wearing a mask. So everyone will go maskless, vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Last edited:

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Unfortunately, I envision it will be much the same problem that we run into with students...

Those who already have an A+ will continue doing all the extra credit and getting extra help, when they don't need it.

Those who are failing will continue not wanting to do anything about it, no matter how hard anyone tries.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

The unvaccinated will NOT advertise that they're unvaccinated by wearing a mask. So everyone will go maskless, vaccinated and unvaccinated.

THIS. My thoughts exactly.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will continue to wear my mask in any public indoor/outdoor place until my children can be vaccinated. I don't want to bring it home to them.

Good point !

No one wears masks here because we have no community transmission in NZ and my city has had no cases
Taxi drivers and bus drivers are the only people i see with masks

But with the travel bubble its got me worrying again
i do have a box of masks and a couple of visors

but i never ever get close to other people if i can avoid it

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally agree. I may be cynical (doubtful though) but the same folks who never wanted to wear a mask, or wore it under their noses, may be the same ones who will say that they are vaccinated and may not be. I'm not trusting that everyone will be honorable and follow the guidelines so I will continue to mask up unless I am with friends who I know are fully vaccinated and then, only in very small groups. So I guess people will assume I am not vaccinated which is not accurate. Also, I still don't know what my state will do and whether they will follow this new CDC guideline or not. They've been fairly conservative here and some of the towns/cities have been even more conservative than the state, so I'm waiting to see what is done locally.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I'm really not sure about this. My fully vaccinated elderly grandfather and my fully vaccinated aunt just got positive COVID tests today along with several other extended family members. My grandmother is suspected to have it as well. They're waiting on test results. She's fully vaccinated as well.

I'm not confident the vaccine is going to stand up against some of these new variants. At the end of the day, I'll follow the science, but I'm very nervous right now.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I'm really not sure about this. My fully vaccinated elderly grandfather and my fully vaccinated aunt just got positive COVID tests today along with several other extended family members. My grandmother is suspected to have it as well. They're waiting on test results. She's fully vaccinated as well.

I'm not confident the vaccine is going to stand up against some of these new variants. At the end of the day, I'll follow the science, but I'm very nervous right now.

I am sorry your family has tested positive. the variants make me nervous too and I am fully vaccinated.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, I envision it will be much the same problem that we run into with students...

Those who already have an A+ will continue doing all the extra credit and getting extra help, when they don't need it.

Those who are failing will continue not wanting to do anything about it, no matter how hard anyone tries.

I hear you, but let's remember there are some people who are unable to get the vaccine for various reasons. I've had to put my off due to a health issue. It's just not safe for me at this time. I do however limit where I go, and always wear a mask.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Umm yeah, I'm not sure about this. It wasn't long ago CDC was worried about variants and was still collecting data on them. I wonder if this is a tactic aimed toward enticing those who are vaccine hesitant to get vaccinated. Unless states/localities adopt a vaccine passport type program, how will it be enforced in public establishments?

Exactly. I fear they think this will encourage people to get vaccinated but seeing as it’s so easy to lie and say you are vaccinated I don’t think this will have the outcome they think it will. And it really sucks for those of us with kids that are not yet eligible to be vaccinated as now I have to really second guess taking him anywhere. I think this was extremely premature and I fear we will pay a price for it by the time school starts again.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're very pretty. :kiss2:

In the last month or so, I have had close to thirty members of my family and friends catch COVID, seventeen of who were fully vaccinated (the rest caught it from those seventeen). Three of them passed away. Yes the vaccinated ones had it less severely than the unvaccinated, but six of the vaccinated ones were quite severely affected and needed to get O2.

It’s been absolute hell and it all started because a couple of the vaccinated lot decided to hang out maskless with friends.

Please, please be safe. This is a virus. Mutating is part of the package. Vaccines ARE effective, but only at reducing risk, not eliminating it. Absolutely get vaccinated - according to the docs every single person who got vaccinated got saved by the vaccine, especially the ones who were vulnerable and ended up developing worse symptoms; and some of the vaccinated were asymptomatic (only discovered through tests) but that doesn’t mean that they didn’t catch it, or more importantly, give it to others!!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock

This is exactly what I worry about. People seem to be under the impression that once they are vaccinated they are %100 safe from catching Covid. This virus will fight back

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
In Singapore, we’ve had quite a few cases where vaccinated people got infected (and I think detected by widespread testing).

Pls do bear in mind that no vaccine is 100% effective.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results