shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m goin to Spain!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
next week!
OMG!!!!
my brother in law is on leave from IRAQ. He''s going back at the end of the month and desperately
wanted to fit in a trip/vacation somewhere in there. He''s got a campanion pass and no one else was
able to go with him... what a dilemma for me!! :)

DH is totally excited for me and wants me to have some time off. Unforunately he can''t go because of work scheduling and children. So he texted me: GO. you need the break. Luv you.
He''s such an awesome guy!

Has anyone been there? What should I pack? What''s the weather like? We''re going to be there for a week. Madrid and then Barcelona! Any specific places to go? So excited!
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
never been, but hope you have a great time!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you are so lucky. Barcelona is one of my favourite cities. There is so much to see and do there and at this time of year the weather should be gorgeous. Skippys thread that she posted has lots of info on it but if you need any other questions answered, I''ve been quite a few times.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Spain is so beautiful. I loved every bit of it. Bring a good pair of comfortable walking shoes. The weather is a lot like it is here, now, just a tad warmer. Both cities are really easy to navigate with a good tour book. You'll need a camera of course!

Barcelona-by the beach, they have the most fabulous paella.

The cathedral that they've been working on for a zillion years, all the Gaudi architecture...you'll have a ball.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Never been there, but have an amazing time!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Never been, but DH and I are hoping to go at some point. Everything I''ve heard sounds spectacular. I''m very jealous! Yay for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
(Btw, such a sweet husband you have there.)

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 3:49:00 PM
Author:MommaBear
Has anyone been there? What should I pack? What's the weather like? We're going to be there for a week. Madrid and then Barcelona! Any specific places to go? So excited!
36.gif

Yay, spain! I went to Seville two years ago, around this time of year. I assume this will apply for all of Spain.

A few points, which you may already know:

* There's Siesta on for a couple of hours during the day. All the shops will be shut. We discovered this when we tried to grab some lunch, and go shopping (due to misplaced luggage of a colleague), and found nothing was open.

* The locals only eat dinner from approx 10pm (iirc) when the sun goes down. Restaurants / nightlife seem to be open from 8pm or so.

* There isn't much fresh milk. No flavoured milk. (at least this was the case for Seville). Seems like they use reconstitued milk there.

* Weather is lovely, 30C or so. Nice time of year to go.

* Madrid airport is really pretty! I love the progressively coloured arch things!

* Some maps aren't to scale. We found the map between the hotel and the city had this problem. We only discovered this when there was a long line up for taxis, and decided to walk back. We didn't have any problems, but it was longer than expected!

Can't really think of much else that would apply to all of Spain, but I'll add to this list if I think of something.

Hope that helps a little!

Magenta

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I will be going to Madrid on Wed! I suggest Rick Steves tour books and if you don''t want to get them, go on his website and he has tons of free downloadable links and information that I have found so helpful on my different trips.

Have fun!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh lucky you! I LOVE Barcelona! I''ve been to Madrid, too, and I definitely had fun, but Barcelona is the best! Have fun!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to add that it is HOT there right now, at least in Madrid, this week the average is 90 F!! So pack accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results