shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm exhausting myself!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
So I've decided to stop doing "what-if" diamond searches. I keep going on the typical websites, plugging in my parameters, and seeing what I can come up with.I feel like an insane person! It's exhausting me! Especially since we're not looking to purchase for at least a month or more (Mom is thinking of pushing back her visit and told me to just go without her- but I would love her to be there to help me search for it :sick: ). So I'm taking a mini vacation from the online searches.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this and that I'm only mildly crazy...

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Not the only one for sure. I don't do it for diamonds, but for colored gems. I actually get a bit upset when ones I like are snapped up! I check on my favorites at least 3 times a week. At least you have a timeline!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Umm of course I do this! I used to look at the same inventories every day. I had my favorites picked out and was so sad to see them bought. One I had a small hope that BF bought, but I know there is no way that he did. I haven't been as obsessed with it lately. Mostly because I am just so busy with school and applying for jobs and such. But, BF also really doesn't want to purchase over the internet. We have found a jeweler we want to work with and they don't list their inventory online. So, I just have to wait it out to see what kind of diamond I will be able to get.

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Just this morning, I thought of posting a topic about how I was driving myself insane with my internet searches....so no, you are definitely not alone. I check the diamond sites multiple times a day. :naughty: I'm starting to get so antsy because BF and I started talking about diamonds and settings in December and he always told me it would happen early in 2011, and I feel like the "early" part of 2011 is running out and I'm going CRAZY! I'm so ready for it to happen, and I managed to tell myself a few months ago to just keep my cool for a little while longer, like until March/April, and it should be here, but here we are mid-March and it hasn't happened yet. I know he's shopping but hasn't bought yet. I feel like I'm losing my mind because it feels so close but still so far! How is it that we're this close but the wait seems harder? I would think it would get easier now that I know it's coming, but that is not the case at all. I'm trying to give myself a new far-off date to chill out until, but that's easier said than done. Here's hoping I can keep my cool a few months longer. By June, I feel like "early 2011" is long gone, so hopefully by then??!? I know I sound like a lunatic, but I also know you guys will understand. :loopy:

faded264

Rough_Rock
wwmd8118|1299709600|2868433 said:
Just this morning, I thought of posting a topic about how I was driving myself insane with my internet searches....so no, you are definitely not alone. I check the diamond sites multiple times a day. :naughty: I'm starting to get so antsy because BF and I started talking about diamonds and settings in December and he always told me it would happen early in 2011, and I feel like the "early" part of 2011 is running out and I'm going CRAZY! I'm so ready for it to happen, and I managed to tell myself a few months ago to just keep my cool for a little while longer, like until March/April, and it should be here, but here we are mid-March and it hasn't happened yet. I know he's shopping but hasn't bought yet. I feel like I'm losing my mind because it feels so close but still so far! How is it that we're this close but the wait seems harder? I would think it would get easier now that I know it's coming, but that is not the case at all. I'm trying to give myself a new far-off date to chill out until, but that's easier said than done. Here's hoping I can keep my cool a few months longer. By June, I feel like "early 2011" is long gone, so hopefully by then??!? I know I sound like a lunatic, but I also know you guys will understand. :loopy:

I just found this forum, but I feel the same way. My boyfriend gave me a timeline similar to yours (he said May at the latest) and as it gets closer, I feel like I'm freaking out more haha. I keep hoping he doesn't change his mind and extend the timeline. I also am trying not to mention it too much, but sometimes it's soooo hard to not talk about it.

Lately I've been trying to cut down how much I look at diamond/rings. It just makes me even more anxious.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I search diamonds all the time, and we don't have anything remotely close to a timeline. I like to look at I1s and find acceptable/unacceptable inclusions. The only time it became a "problem" is when I found an emerald that would have been FREAKING PERFECT on the secondary market (1.5 carats, re-cut by Brian Gavin for extra sparkle, everything I want in a center stone) and I was sorta sad to see it get sold.

I know guys who look at cars they can't afford right now and I don't think they're crazy... I don't think I'm any odder.

Attached

Rough_Rock
Yup, I am with you on this one. My fiancee and me are currently looking for something for him, even though he says that he doesn't want a diamond on his ring... but I want something more for him than just a simple band. I'm on the computer almost everyday looking for something that I like. You are definitely not crazy and the only one sad to see a good stone go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results