shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angela03

Rough_Rock

Hi there! I haven''t posted much since I was added to the list but I wanted to let you guys know that I''m no longer waiting since I got engaged this weekend!! We had been shopping for settings for a month or so and I was getting really anxious about when he''d propose, how he''d propose, and of course, how the ring would look

emwink.gif
. I didn''t realize he''d propose so quickly but so relieved that he did. He surprised me with the perfect ring and a sweet proposal...just in time for Thanksgiving with my parents. He claims he''s ''invincible'' for the next few weeks since he did such a good job and, well, I think he''s right
emsmilep.gif

Here''s a pic of my new halo ring! I''ve never posted a pic here before so I hope it works!

ering1sml.JPG

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
OMG it''s GORGEOUS!!!! How did he do it? What are the specs on the ring? And more pictures please! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful Ring!!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats I will take you off the list!!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Yippie! Congrats! Beautiful ring, and great nails, too!
1.gif
Yes, tell us the story, how did he do it, details, details!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait to here how he proposed
!!

ksprincess

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That ring is a knockout! Congratulations on it all, you must tell us more!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love halos :) Congrats!!!

angela03

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! It's a long story but I'll try to make it quick. We met in college and a month ago he asked me to take a trip up there to watch a concert for this singing group he'd been in while we were in school. It seemed fishy and as a LIW, I found myself dreaming up all kinds of hopeful ideas. Anyway, we were having the ering custom made so I had an idea it was coming. The week before we went up to the college campus, I think he knew I was suspecting something so he had the jeweler write up a fake email that said the ring wouldn't be ready until the week after. I was so disappointed! Well, we drove to our college campus (5 hours away!) and he took me to this chapel where we were supposed to meet his friend to go somewhere for dinner. When we walked in, the singing group came out of this dark corner and serenaded us while he got down on one knee! I cried, he proposed, and put the gorgeous ring on my finger!

I don't have the specs because my FI put the cert somewhere but it's a .80, E, VS1...i think.

And a couple more pics...

ering5.JPG

angela03

Rough_Rock
Another..

ering2sm.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s gorgeous, congrats and best wishes. We need more pics of this beauty, and the proposal story.
30.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
wow , that''s some story! and just in time for thanksgiving...that''s great. i''m not sure how long you''ve been waiting (i''ve only been here a few mo''s but waiting years), but it sounds wonderful and you''re going to have the best t''giving!!

angela03

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I'm so glad he did it sooner rather than later. I wasn't waiting too long...maybe a few months? Even those few months were driving me nuts so I hope you ladies don't have too much longer to wait. I think things started moving more quickly when we discussed moving in together and saving some rent :) He knew I wanted to be atleast engaged before that happened.

Oh by the way, the pics are the best I could do with my little camera. I'll try to get some better ones over thanksgiving and post them in the SMTR thread.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Your fiance did a great job-I''d say he''s off the hook for a while!!

It''s a beautiful ring and looks large to boot!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 1:38:47 PM
Author: angela03
Thank you!!! It''s a long story but I''ll try to make it quick. We met in college and a month ago he asked me to take a trip up there to watch a concert for this singing group he''d been in while we were in school. It seemed fishy and as a LIW, I found myself dreaming up all kinds of hopeful ideas. Anyway, we were having the ering custom made so I had an idea it was coming. The week before we went up to the college campus, I think he knew I was suspecting something so he had the jeweler write up a fake email that said the ring wouldn''t be ready until the week after. I was so disappointed! Well, we drove to our college campus (5 hours away!) and he took me to this chapel where we were supposed to meet his friend to go somewhere for dinner. When we walked in, the singing group came out of this dark corner and serenaded us while he got down on one knee! I cried, he proposed, and put the gorgeous ring on my finger!

I don''t have the specs because my FI put the cert somewhere but it''s a .80, E, VS1...i think.

And a couple more pics...
Wow! I was going to guess it was over a carat!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and such a sweet proposal, I too thought for sure it was over a carat, those halos really make the stone pop!

Congratulations to you and your fiance!!!!!
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal story!! Congrats! Your ring is just gorgeous.
36.gif
9.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! It is gorgeous! Where did u get the setting? its beautiful
1.gif

angela03

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all your nice comments! He got the stone through Abazias had a custom setting made through them as well. I sent him some pics of a bunch of my favorite halo rings posted on pricescope (especially threepwood's halo ring and someone else's tacori). It turned out just the way I wanted.

Yeah, it's amazing how big the .8 looks with the halo! I love it!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love it...it looks so perfect on your hand!!! Congrats!!
36.gif

berry922

Rough_Rock
WOW, gorgeous ring! Congratulations and the best of luck!!!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I love halos too!!!! wow .80? are you sure??? it looks BIG!!!
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations, on our engagement!

jackieomy

Rough_Rock
Congrats! The ring is gorgeous.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!

I love
30.gif
30.gif
your ring!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! What a sweet proposal and beeeautiful ring!

Is your fiance a member of PS? I could''ve sworn I saw a guy posting on here recently about his proposal and it sounded exactly like yours! (brought his girlfriend up to college where his singing group was, and had his jeweler draft up a fake email about a ring delay)

Or am I hallucinating this??? It''s entirely possible!
4.gif

angela03

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 1:53:21 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Congrats! What a sweet proposal and beeeautiful ring!

Is your fiance a member of PS? I could''ve sworn I saw a guy posting on here recently about his proposal and it sounded exactly like yours! (brought his girlfriend up to college where his singing group was, and had his jeweler draft up a fake email about a ring delay)

Or am I hallucinating this??? It''s entirely possible!
4.gif
Hmm...my FI did use PS quite a bit when purchasing the ring but I didn''t think he posted anything...I think I''ll search some old threads to see if I can dig up anything. I''d love to read about it if he did
9.gif
Do you remember which thread you saw it in?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been wracking my brain and searching PS for like an hour and I can''t find the darn thread. But it''s possible that I read all about your proposal on your thread here and then somehow switched it around so that it was from the guy''s point of view. BUT...I coulda sworn that there was a *guy* who was talking about how he''d love to propose to his girlfriend at Thanksgiving with her family because she is very family-oriented. And he talked about getting his jeweler to send you a fake email to throw you off about the ring. It was recent too, like within the last couple weeks.

Great, I might be going crazy.
32.gif

angela03

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 5:44:56 PM
Author: KristyDarling
I''ve been wracking my brain and searching PS for like an hour and I can''t find the darn thread. But it''s possible that I read all about your proposal on your thread here and then somehow switched it around so that it was from the guy''s point of view. BUT...I coulda sworn that there was a *guy* who was talking about how he''d love to propose to his girlfriend at Thanksgiving with her family because she is very family-oriented. And he talked about getting his jeweler to send you a fake email to throw you off about the ring. It was recent too, like within the last couple weeks.

Great, I might be going crazy.
32.gif
I haven''t found anything yet but it''s funny that we''re both sifting through all these threads looking for it. I''d be surprised if he posted on here since he knows how addicted I am to this site!! Don''t worry, maybe you read my thread when I first posted it and then saw it again later
face23.gif
...my guy didn''t tell anyone we knew about his proposal plans since he was so worried someone would tell me. He knows how curious I can be
31.gif
and he was sure someone would spill the info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results