shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged...to another Pricescope Member!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock

I_heart_cushions is engaged to karatekid!!!

Yes, that is right! I am engaged! He proposed this morning and it was a complete shock!!!!! (The proposal story and link to his original thread below).

I didn't think that he would do it before the end of the year. Although, in my defense, he was playing up the lie that he would propose "next year" just to throw me off. ...but he proposed TODAY and I'm ecstatic!! It is a cushion diamond with pave setting by Mark T @ ERD. Exactly the ring I wanted. I love it! My boyfriend...nay, my FIANCE

36.gif
and Mark did a great job!

Now let me explain the whole PS member part. As I had mentioned in other posts, he was the one who introduced me to PS, but I knew he never had an account. He did his research, and would "lurk" on here...but that was his extent. I would be the one who would religiously go on every night looking at the SMTR thread. He usually leaves me alone to relish in all the delicious rings ...but on this one particular night (this past Thursday), I noticed that he was paying such close attention to what I was doing on the laptop. He kept commenting on the pics that I was looking at and made an extra point to comment on what I now know as "my ring". What he had done earlier that afternoon was set up an account under the name of "karate kid" just to post pics of the ring that Mark had sent him. He wanted to get my reaction to the ring before he actually got it. (Mark was to ship it to him on the Friday - yesterday). I obviously loved it right away. In fact, I actually posted a comment on it, asking for hand shots - and unbeknownst to me, I was asking for my own hand shots!!!

I tell him after the fact that it was quite a risky move to make...I mean, what if I didn't like it?! haha.

3.gif
. In retrospect, I should've known that "karatekid" was him- my FIANCE is ASIAN....and his avatar man is yellow. Hello?!
3.gif

So anyway, back to the story. He receives the ring on time on Friday (yesterday) and went to my parents' house to ask for their blessing. However, when he called, they weren't home - so he sat in front of their house for 40 minutes before they came home. Of course they gave him their blessing...

Ok - so now to the proposal story:

This morning, we wake up pretty early. I'm talking 6:30 ish...and he is like "do you want to go for a walk?" I look out the window and am like "uh..how about NO, I don't feel like walking in the dark?!?". I didn't think his request was that odd because he is an early riser, and we go for walks a lot - but never THIS early. And so he keeps peering out the window for the next hour waiting for daylight to hit.....and unfortunately, we see that it is raining...and he keeps commenting on the rain. So finally he asks me if I want to go for coffee. I agree (I love getting up early and doing these little errands). So we drive towards the Starbucks by the lake that he lives near in Port Credit, and we get a coffee....the whole time, he is still looking out the window wistfully. So finally, he's like - "let's just drive to the park by the lake and see if we can do a quick walk". It looked like the rain was letting out, and I had a hood on my vest, so I agreed. We started walking towards this one part of the park where there is a peninsula with rocks and a pathway that leads out to the water....it starts to rain heavier now, but we're already almost out - and it was so quiet and peaceful that I actually didn't mind the rain, especially since it was very mild out. So we stop to take in the view ...and the meantime, you'd think I'd be saying something pertaining to the beauty of the morning, or the calmness of the lake, or just savouring the moment...but no. I'm yammreing on and on about this stupid old boat/ship that is docked near the lighthouse to the left of us (I don't know if it is some historical ship), and I'm trying to point it out to him, but my hood was in my way and blocking my peripheral vision,so I turn around to see if he's even listening to me (he's very quiet at this time)...and he just smiles at me and asks me in a rhetorical way if I know how much he loves me. (I'm thinking - yes yes, I know you love me...but seriously, back to the boat?!? haha). So I think he's just thinking I'm being "cute" over all the questions I have over the dumb ship...but then he starts to get down on one knee (on the DIRT and GRAVEL, might I add) and pulls out the ring box and says "hopefully this can show you how much I love you". OMG!!! - my heart was skipping a beat and my stomach was doing flip flops. My initial reaction was to tell him to get up because it was getting his jeans dirty! So I'm trying to pull him up - but he just ignores me. He takes out the ring, and continues to tell me how he much he loves me and how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me - and then slips the ring on my finger. yowza ladies - it was a perfect fit and it looked great on my finger. He starts to ask "Will You..." but before he could finish, I'm jumping up and down squeeling "I DO! I DO! I DO!". haha
9.gif
I give him a big hug and kiss - and he pulls away to ask me if I even said yes...I guess he was in shock too - because, I mean, "I DO" is usually an answer in the affirmative, n'est-ce pas?
3.gif

At this point, it is COMPLETELY pouring down on us...but i was so oblivious to how drenched my vest was getting. I was soooo excited!

Anyway, that is the story of how i_heart_cushions and karatekid became an engaged couple.

Here is the link to his original thread with the pictures of the ring! I'll post pictures of the ring on my hand in a bit.Karatekid's original thread
Enjoy!
And thanks PS members- you guys have been such a great help - not only in helping us find the perfect engagement ring, but also to help me cope as a LIW. Now off to BWW!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, that''s wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awww!!! What a sweet story! CONGRATS!!!

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
Additonal comment: He told me that he was so stressed out yesterday waiting for the ring. He couldn't wait to propose to me...but he had some issues before he actually go the ring.

You see, he had some type of issue with the ring clearing customs (into Canada). They called him at work during a meeting in the morning saying there were problems getting through. So he stopped everything and was apparently working like a mad man trying to fill out customs paperwork so it could clear customs (he was telling the lady that he NEEDED the package to get to him because he was planning on proposing, and the shipment was an ERING, and he couldn't very well do it without one!). She laughed and tried to help him as much as she could.
Long story short, he finally got the ring a few hours later in the afternoon and rushed to the airport Fedex facilities to pick up the package himself, only AFTER he contacted Mark to tell him to give Fedex permission to release the package (at Fedex's request).
The minute he got the ring, he drove straight to my parents house - he wanted to propose right away but we already had plans to be at a friend's birthday that night- and didn't want to take away our friend's bday spotlight- otherwise, he would've just done it right away! However, he still had the ring in his jacket pocket the ENTIRE night, which I didn't know....sneaky guy!

But I do think it's cute how he tried so hard to get it done the very next morning - especially since my BFF from out of town (Ottawa) was in town this weekend and we had dinner plans tonight. He knew how much it would mean to me to have her there to share my special news in person and see the ring.

I'm so glad everything worked out for us!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a completely adorable, sweet and wonderful engagement story. You told it so well! I have to say, your story made me a little weepy too!!! Congratulations!!

ETA: It is also so cute that you posted in the thread about your own ring before you knew it was yours!!!!!!!!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How awesome that you posted about your own ring!! You knew you loved it before you had it
2.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Love your story!
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats to you both!!
1.gif
36.gif
36.gif

78girl

Rough_Rock
adorable story :) and very pretty ring!! congrats to you both
36.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to both of you! Gorgeous ring!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Awww yay! Congrats to I heart Cushions and karatekid!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Woo-hoo!! Congratulations!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!!! what an adorable proposal story!!!

how perfect was it that your bf/fi added a little sparkle and sunshine to what was definitely a dreary day in the GTA!

congrats again! your ring is stunning!!!

katica

Shiny_Rock
That is so cute!! Congratulations from a fellow GTAer!! :)
36.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
that is a great story and i love how he had you looking at your ring before you knew it was yours. thats so cool.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, that is so sweet; many congrats!!!
36.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, congrats!!! What a great story!

And beautiful ring, too!!!
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, what an adorable story! I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, congratulations to you both! I love that you replied to your FI original thread, without even knowing who he was and that it was your ring!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow what a cute story!! haha you asked for your own hand shots I find that amusing..
sooo where ARE the hand shots?!?
9.gif

Congrats!! LOVE the ring!!
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
AAAHHH!! congrats both of you!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your comments!

Yes, it was kind of funny that he did that - and he said he was killing himself laughing inside as I was typing to "him" asking for more pics...

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! very cute story!
1.gif
1.gif

LoveRoundBrillants

Shiny_Rock
congrats!
emwink.gif
Such a cute story...i love the part where you wanted to pull him up because his jeans were getting dirty...haha

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
awww congrats!! That is soo exciting!! What a sneaky guy he is!! :)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
This is, hands down, one of my favorite proposal stories... I LOVE that you asked to see hand shots of your own ring!!! :)

So perfect.

SO happy for you!!!

CONGRATS! (Now i''m off to look at the orig. threat and see some pics!!!!)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
what an amazing story, congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a cool story!! Congratulations!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just read your FI''s SMTR thread -- that was hilarious! Congratulations and wear that gorgeous ring in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results