shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m Bummed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the process of ordering an eternity band. I have had a week full of back and forth communication with the vendor. I finally chose the setting, got my prices, picked the size stone ..and I said yes..let's do it. I asked the vendor to send me the invoice so I can make the wire transfer...WELL....I just got an email from the vendor stating that the price they quoted me was wrong. It was the price for smaller stones and not for what I'm ordering.

UGH..I got my heart set on what I ordered and now they have to get back to me and god knows if the price will be right.

I'm sad..thanks for letting me vent
39.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:37:40 PM
Author:atroop711
I'm in the process of ordering an eternity band. I have had a week full of back and forth communication with the vendor. I finally chose the setting, got my prices, picked the size stone ..and I said yes..let's do it. I asked the vendor to send me the invoice so I can make the wire transfer...WELL....I just got an email from the vendor stating that the price they quoted me was wrong. It was the price for smaller stones and not for what I'm ordering.

UGH..I got my heart set on what I ordered and now they have to get back to me and god knows if the price will be right.

I'm sad..thanks for letting me vent
39.gif
Hang in there; hopefully it won't be too much of a difference. I have my fingers crossed for you.
12.gif
Ahh, what a sweet avatar picture!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:56:37 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 2/6/2009 7:37:40 PM

Author:atroop711

I''m in the process of ordering an eternity band. I have had a week full of back and forth communication with the vendor. I finally chose the setting, got my prices, picked the size stone ..and I said yes..let''s do it. I asked the vendor to send me the invoice so I can make the wire transfer...WELL....I just got an email from the vendor stating that the price they quoted me was wrong. It was the price for smaller stones and not for what I''m ordering.

I''m sad..thanks for letting me vent
39.gif
Hang in there; hopefully it won''t be too much of a difference. I have my fingers crossed for you.
12.gif
Ahh, what a sweet avatar picture!

thanks for your kind words
35.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Sorry--I hope it won''t be a big price difference!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
That blows! Maybe it was meant to be for something else to work out nicer~

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:35:55 PM
Author: coatimundi
Sorry--I hope it won''t be a big price difference!

from your mouth to god''s ears...I hope the difference won''t be that much
32.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:44:31 PM
Author: DebShine
That blows! Maybe it was meant to be for something else to work out nicer~

I sure hope so. I realy got excited and happy with the end result and now it may not happen. Fingers crossed
23.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww atroop, that stinks! Hopefully they''ll come back with an amount that''s still reasonable. I''ve seen several posts about that sort of issue recently. I wonder what''s going on with the vendors?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:53:51 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Awww atroop, that stinks! Hopefully they''ll come back with an amount that''s still reasonable. I''ve seen several posts about that sort of issue recently. I wonder what''s going on with the vendors?

I hope so too. I was so excited that I was going to be able to get exactly what I wanted. We will see.

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
*big hugs and sparkle dust!*
I''m so sorry- cheer up dear, so many wonderful projects run in to snags.
I know you''ll get through!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:57:05 PM
Author: oneandahalfrock
*big hugs and sparkle dust!*

I''m so sorry- cheer up dear, so many wonderful projects run in to snags.

I know you''ll get through!

thanks so much..you know you are right. Good things come to those who wait. I will just have to be patient
33.gif

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...to me, it would be GREAT customer service if they would accept the originally quoted price for it.
I know you were looking for opinions on bands, I hope this works out okay for you...and I agree, that avatar pic is so sweet!

Kat

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Sorry that happened to you! I''m sure you''ll work something out and end up with a sparkly you love!

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
My gosh, that is frustrating to cope with! But I’m sure that you will end up with a spectacular eternity band that will indeed be worth the wait.

Best of luck with the purchase!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I know the exact feeling!!!! But as painful aqnd frustrating as it is, I have found that it helps to take you to your perfect ring......eventually!!!

I had that happen where I thought that 2 very skinny eternity bands were $600 each. I really liked them and you know....for that cost wasnt going to overanalyse them. Got a huge shock to find out that they were $1800 each!!!!!

Well, all it meant was that I had to reconsider my options and choices....and this took me to a different vendor and a different set of eternity bands.

Although I ended up still spending approx. the same (after I got my head around that figure) but ended up with much better value.

Hopefully in your case the increase will be small, or they will cut you a deal that still works for you. But if the price has skyrocketed, you are in a position to go back to the drawing board and you might end up with a better deal in the end than you thought you were getting here.

Good luck anyway.
26.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:17:07 PM
Author: got2goldens
Hmmm...to me, it would be GREAT customer service if they would accept the originally quoted price for it.

I know you were looking for opinions on bands, I hope this works out okay for you...and I agree, that avatar pic is so sweet!

Kat

I agree that it would be great customer svc if they would accept their original quote
36.gif
but I won''t hold my breath on that one.
Glad you like my pic with my sweet brand new little boy (he''s delicious)
30.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Burk and DiamondsDiamonds for your words of encouragement. I sure hope it will all work out.

and Sharon101 you are 100% right...I''m in the position of going elsewhere if the deal goes south. I will keep everyone posted
35.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
And a definate yes to your boy being delicious. I miss the feel of a tiny warm bubby!!!!! And I bet he smells so sweet!!!!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a disappointment! When will you get the new quote? I hope it isn''t too far out.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 7:58:27 AM
Author: Sharon101
And a definate yes to your boy being delicious. I miss the feel of a tiny warm bubby!!!!! And I bet he smells so sweet!!!!
30.gif

Yes he smells yummy that I want to just eat him up. I didn''t realize how much I missed the feel and cuddles of a baby until I was pregnant with him. He was my 40th birthday surprise..a pleasant and best surprise ever. I have 2 daughters but everyone says it''s different with sons..we will see. So far it''s like having the same child 3 times.
36.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 8:05:04 AM
Author: Addy
That''s a disappointment! When will you get the new quote? I hope it isn''t too far out.

It''s def. a disappointment. I will HOPEFULLY get the new quote on Monday. My entire experience with this company this time around is a bit different. Last time my communication was all via the phone (especially when we started the ordering process)..now it''s all email (which I don''t mind for the little things but not all communication). So I ended up just calling to hear a voice and really discuss what I wanted. I love their work and know they are reliable but it feels "off" this time. I guess my last consultant with this company spoiled me with the way she conducted business (she was very detailed, upfront, suggestive and just different). She''s no longer there so I just called up and have been dealing with the person who called me back.

Maybe my calls to other vendors will get me exactly what I want? We will see..hopefully Monday will be a day full of quotes and then I can make a choice and start the ordering process.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results