shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m breaking all the rules!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha "Well get married over my dead body!"

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ha! That''s crazy. I guess it works out well for estate purposes???

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2007 4:02:44 PM
Author: surfgirl

BTW, I was under the impression that 'domestic partners' only applied to gay couples since they do not have the option of marrying in this crazy country...Am I wrong?
It depends on your employer. My company treats different sex and same sex couples as domestic partners and gives them the same benefits as married couples. Different sex couples can have legal/financial reasons for not getting married.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone else that a SERIOUS conversation with your boyfriend is necessary. The no talk rule will get you no action, and that''s not what you want! You want the boy to seriously think about it, to know that it is a step you NEED and WANT to take and to decide if he is on the same page. I started dating my boyfriend when I was 18, I am now 27. Engagement was not something that was on my mind until about a year and a half ago. But when I wanted it, oh boy, I WANTED IT! The waiting has been torturous at times but throughout, I have been very honest with him about my feelings. Without my asking, he gave me a timeline of this year. While it didn''t make all of my "engagement fever" go away it at least let me know that he DOES want to marry me and just needs more time (to save $.) A timeline helps and you deserve to have one. GOod luck!
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 5:06:39 PM
Author: MoonWater
Thanks Sandia Rose. I was pretty certain that MD never had common law marriages.
*shrugs* Sorry, a friend of mine 5 years ago said she was talking to her boyfriend about maybe filling in the paperwork for one, so I took her word for it. She and her boyfriend live in Frederick, MD.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 1:54:25 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 12/14/2007 5:06:39 PM

Author: MoonWater

Thanks Sandia Rose. I was pretty certain that MD never had common law marriages.

*shrugs* Sorry, a friend of mine 5 years ago said she was talking to her boyfriend about maybe filling in the paperwork for one, so I took her word for it. She and her boyfriend live in Frederick, MD.

It''s weird because I''ve lived in MD all my life and I''ve heard people talking about them so I assumed they existed here. When I looked it up I was surprised. Also, if any place would have them I would think Maryland and Virginia and neither ever had them.
33.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
so many opinions, so many opinions. Girls, let her have her short stint of joy. If that is what makes you happy, darling, then so be it. To each is own. So what if he didn't "go down on one knee." Some women never get engagement rings, never get down-on-one-knee proposals with rose petals and candles. Does that mean they aren't really getting married? Of course not. Any adverse opinions about this really stink of envy to me.

Sure, it's a little strange that you'd go to such lengths to settle your mind about your wait for the "big question." But look, if you two really do have a healthy, happy relationship, and you both know that marriage is the next step, then nothing else really matters.

But if you're wearing this ring because deep inside you aren't really sure you'll ever be engaged to him and you're insecure about it, then that speaks of deeper issues than you're talking about here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results