shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a pregnant bridesmaid...help!

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
So my cousin is getting married (yay!) and I'm a bridesmaid (yay!) and I'm pregnant (yay!)...and I want to make sure I fit in the dress (help!)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Pearl-Jeweled-Necklace-Halter-Mesh-Gown-8420Y039_Prom-Dresses-View-All

last night she sent me a photo of the dress...it's actually a prom dress that can't be ordered in the color she chose, so they'll have to find that color in a store that already has it. We live 1000 miles away and she's having her store call around today to locate...but I have no idea what size to tell her! I will be 34 weeks during the wedding; with my first pregnancy I gained 38 pounds, but it was all between my chest and upper thighs, which this dress seems to accommodate well. The sizing (since it's a prom dress) is in juniors, so I am lost. I typically wear an 8, or a medium. I'll certainly order larger and have it taken in if necessary, but I have no clue how to guess. If we can't find one at all, there is a similar style that we may resort to.

Any help appreciated!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
plantationcatt|1327003849|3106821 said:
So my cousin is getting married (yay!) and I'm a bridesmaid (yay!) and I'm pregnant (yay!)...and I want to make sure I fit in the dress (help!)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Pearl-Jeweled-Necklace-Halter-Mesh-Gown-8420Y039_Prom-Dresses-View-All

last night she sent me a photo of the dress...it's actually a prom dress that can't be ordered in the color she chose, so they'll have to find that color in a store that already has it. We live 1000 miles away and she's having her store call around today to locate...but I have no idea what size to tell her! I will be 34 weeks during the wedding; with my first pregnancy I gained 38 pounds, but it was all between my chest and upper thighs, which this dress seems to accommodate well. The sizing (since it's a prom dress) is in juniors, so I am lost. I typically wear an 8, or a medium. I'll certainly order larger and have it taken in if necessary, but I have no clue how to guess. If we can't find one at all, there is a similar style that we may resort to.

Any help appreciated!

first of all, congratulations!!!

I clicked 'fit and sizing guide' (I'm sure you did too) and apparently they don't provide a size chart for their juniors sizes. maybe you could call and ask? It does look like the dress is flowy so it shouldn't be too tight on your hips or midsection...if I had to guess in size maybe an 11 since sometimes juniors can run small? (but I really have no idea...sizing is so variable)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you remember what size bra you were wearing for your last pregnancy. That may give you a clue to how big you need
to go in the chest area (that looks like the part you need to worry about the most since the dress is flowy).

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Ah, yes...went from a 36D to a 36DD...(like you really actually wanted to know)...but if anyone out there has a similar experience, the more info they have the better!

I will definitely be making a call or two to the store...Thanks!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps best to order the largest size you think you may need, and have it taken in at the last minute if necessary...?

ETA: Congratulations!! :appl:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Huge congrats!!

My big concern for you, other than size, is the liner. Most dresses made like that have a considerably more fitted lining with almost no seam allowance.

Is there any chance she could pick out a maternity style dress for you? I know that's not as fun, but at 34 weeks you will really be showing. In my experience, when we just ordered a regular bridesmaid dress for a pregnant bridesmaid it has not worked well.

For example, a size 14 may have measurements of a 42 bust and a 35 waist, whereas a maternity size 6 will have a 36 bust and a 38 waist.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My BFF was a pregnant bridesmaid in my wedding! She actually gave birth a week and a half master :) she went bigger than she thought he needed since its was more difficult to add material and make a dress bigger then to take it in. I would go a solid size bigger that you think, congrats btw!

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Thank yall for the help!

The juniors thing just threw me. And yes, the chest is a concern. The store lady recommended the 13 or 17 that they had in stock..so I'll head up there soon (it's out of town) and see...better to be safe at a bigger size than sorry! If it doesn't "feel" like it will work, we'll turn to those maternity ones. The ones suggested are good! I'll keep yall updated should anyone else need similar info in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results