shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a believer

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
I hate shopping in stores, I'd rather do all my shopping on line. However, I believe now that you really have to see a diamond and not just go off of the GIA reports. This is a long story, but after months of looking and research, I found a diamond on Daniel Williams.com. I went off of the GIA report and a sample stock photo. I wanted an H or better colored VS1 or 2 oval to go into a white gold setting. It meet all the suggested criteria for an excellent cut diamond. However when I went to purchase it, they said it had sold. They offered me another comparable G diamond for slightly more money, but I just didn't feel right about the portions so I cancelled the order. Then I found another diamond on Yadav.com, off of the GIA report that meet all the criteria and another sample stock photo. After purchasing it, I received a phone call from Yadav telling me that diamond had also been sold. However, I went on Brilliance.com where that particular diamond that Yadav said was sold was listed for sale. I asked Brilliance to double check it's availability and they said it was available, so I purchased it. After 5 weeks of waiting for it to arrive they told me they couldn't find it. Throughout those 5 weeks, they assured me everything was good and that it had shipped. They offered me a 1.01 F VS1 oval diamond they had in stock for slightly more money since it was two color grades better. Their "gemologist picked it out for me". I was so tired of waiting, so I sent the GIA report to rarecarat.com for their opinion. One of their gemologists suggested that I pass it up because it had a couple of issues. One was the girdle ( thick to vthick), the ratio was good @ 1.32, crown was 60%, depth -57.2%, polish - good, Symmetry - Very good with medium blue fluorescence. I addressed those issues with Brilliance and they assured me that it was a beautiful diamond. So I went with it. I figured I could return it if it wasn't right. Well it arrived by the end of that week and honestly, I'm glad I didn't pass it up. It's beautiful ! Sparkles beautifully. I can't see any haziness, or milkiness (medium fluorescence), but I don't have experience viewing diamonds. What do you think ? I think for the amount I paid for it (a little over $3400.00) it was a great deal and the best I would have found for the amount of money I wanted to pay. I wish I had known about this forum earlier.

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 71

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you are pleased with your stone! It's not in focus so we cant tell anything about the stone. Yes, if you had found us earlier we
would have told you that you need to see images (regular and aset) as well as up-close videos of the stone. Only way to get around this
is to have a vendor who understands what you want and is good at finding nice stones.

Congratulations on your new ring!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's beautiful, I love the setting.. it looks to me to be a great choice. congratulations!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were buying an Oval Jon is the man but of course a nice stone will cost a lot more.. ;))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
I hate shopping in stores, I'd rather do all my shopping on line. However, I believe now that you really have to see a diamond and not just go off of the GIA reports. This is a long story, but after months of looking and research, I found a diamond on Daniel Williams.com. I went off of the GIA report and a sample stock photo. I wanted an H or better colored VS1 or 2 oval to go into a white gold setting. It meet all the suggested criteria for an excellent cut diamond. However when I went to purchase it, they said it had sold. They offered me another comparable G diamond for slightly more money, but I just didn't feel right about the portions so I cancelled the order. Then I found another diamond on Yadav.com, off of the GIA report that meet all the criteria and another sample stock photo. After purchasing it, I received a phone call from Yadav telling me that diamond had also been sold. However, I went on Brilliance.com where that particular diamond that Yadav said was sold was listed for sale. I asked Brilliance to double check it's availability and they said it was available, so I purchased it. After 5 weeks of waiting for it to arrive they told me they couldn't find it. Throughout those 5 weeks, they assured me everything was good and that it had shipped. They offered me a 1.01 F VS1 oval diamond they had in stock for slightly more money since it was two color grades better. Their "gemologist picked it out for me". I was so tired of waiting, so I sent the GIA report to rarecarat.com for their opinion. One of their gemologists suggested that I pass it up because it had a couple of issues. One was the girdle ( thick to vthick), the ratio was good @ 1.32, crown was 60%, depth -57.2%, polish - good, Symmetry - Very good with medium blue fluorescence. I addressed those issues with Brilliance and they assured me that it was a beautiful diamond. So I went with it. I figured I could return it if it wasn't right. Well it arrived by the end of that week and honestly, I'm glad I didn't pass it up. It's beautiful ! Sparkles beautifully. I can't see any haziness, or milkiness (medium fluorescence), but I don't have experience viewing diamonds. What do you think ? I think for the amount I paid for it (a little over $3400.00) it was a great deal and the best I would have found for the amount of money I wanted to pay. I wish I had known about this forum earlier.

Thank you all for the nice comments, I really appreciate all the feedback. Honestly, I found it to be a daunting task researching and trying to find a nice diamond within my fiance's budget. I have a new appreciation for diamonds though. I have always be fascinated with rocks ;-) I insisted on picking out my own ring and because I wanted a specific setting and I knew he wouldn't do the research that I did finding one. He thought he could just go down to the diamond district in NY and get a flawless, 1 carat diamond for $3500.00 bless his heart ! LOL I'm a bit obsessive compulsive so I had to loosen my requirements and let a few expectations go. Here is another, clearer picture. Don't mind my dry, over washed hands ! Thanks again ! ring.jpg

pebbles7

Rough_Rock

I'm glad you are pleased with your stone! It's not in focus so we cant tell anything about the stone. Yes, if you had found us earlier we
would have told you that you need to see images (regular and aset) as well as up-close videos of the stone. Only way to get around this
is to have a vendor who understands what you want and is good at finding nice stones.

Congratulations on your new ring!
Thank You !
Thanks !
Beautiful oval!

Thank you !

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!! I bought my diamond from brilliance.com too (i dealt with Erin) she was super nice and so helpful, to find me my perfect stone. Congratulations!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
Very pretty!! I bought my diamond from brilliance.com too (i dealt with Erin) she was super nice and so helpful, to find me my perfect stone. Congratulations!

Thank you ! I dealt with Jennifer and she was very patient with me :)

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond! I’d love to see more pictures of your beautiful setting as well!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
Beautiful diamond! I’d love to see more pictures of your beautiful setting as well!

Thank you so much ! It's nice to hear after spending months researching, being disappointed and agonizing over this decision. I am very happy with my purchase, but if I ever want to up grade, I would go with Distinctive Gems.com because I am an oval lover ! Here is the link to the setting. I bought the diamond from Brilliance, but with this setting. https://www.yadavjewelry.com/products/sidestone-ring-50645-white-gold-14k

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much ! It's nice to hear after spending months researching, being disappointed and agonizing over this decision. I am very happy with my purchase, but if I ever want to up grade, I would go with Distinctive Gems.com because I am an oval lover ! Here is the link to the setting. I bought the diamond from Brilliance, but with this setting. https://www.yadavjewelry.com/products/sidestone-ring-50645-white-gold-14k

Thank you for the link. It has a lovely side profile as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results