shape
carat
color
clarity

i''m a bad girlfriend....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i just remembered that our 3 year anniversary is tomorrow and i don''t have a gift or anything special planned. what''s even worst is that BF was talking to me about dinner plans last week and i still forgot.
38.gif

in my defense though, i''ve been really preoccupied with work problems, visiting my grandmother at the nursing home, helping my mom out at her store and visiting my aunt in the hospital. BF has been really busy with school and work as well, so i guess all of that combined with our money stresses has prevented me from thinking about it (?). i feel awful for not remembering until now though...it''s like we switched gender roles and i''m the forgetful boyfriend.
25.gif

so i was thinking about making him his favorite dinner, but nixed it since we''re going out to eat somewhere. one of my girlfriends suggested splurging on some nice lingerie, but money is tight at the moment. besides, it just seems like a waste since the inevitable will happen with or without lingerie if you catch my drift!
2.gif
31.gif
anyway, i would love to get some last minute ideas from you ladies about what i should do and/or get for him!

KatM

Shiny_Rock
what about making him some sort of nice dessert? my bf really likes it when i make him treats that he can take to work, pass out, and tell people that i made them for him
30.gif

and at least you remembered. after 4 years together, i turned to bf and said that we should do something for our anniversary that was coming up. he, honest to god, said, "we have one of those?"
20.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
what does he like? Does he have a sweet tooth, maybe (like KatM said) make him a dessert, and since the inevitable will happen, tie that in together too.
It would be romantic fun thoughtful and I''m sure NO complaining would be on his part at all!
27.gif
31.gif
9.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have suggestions for a gift if money if tight and you don''t have much time to make/prepare anything (usually I either buy something DH really wants or make something like a scrapbook or something sentimental like that, but it takes a lot of time) but I would suggest you buy a really sweet card and take some time to write a handwritten letter to him inside. DH and I have done this ever since we started dating for every birthday and anniversary (we usually each buy 2 or 3 cards and fill up the entire insides of it with handwritten letters) and I honestly appreciate the long, handwritten cards so much more than any gift he could give me, and I know he feels the same way. It not only shows that you took time and effort to fill out the card, but it expresses your feelings of love for him, which I assume is something you would like to do especially on an anniversary
2.gif
. Maybe even throw in some fun memories you have over the last 3 years of things you did together, or how you met, or plans for the future, etc. Happy anniversary!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Lilac...something that takes just a little time and almost zero money can be the perfect gift.

Maybe swing by a Target/Walmart/etc. and get a cute picture frame and print off a quick digital print of the two of you together...maybe the first picture you have of the two of you...or a picture taken about the time you knew he was "the one"...and write something about it in the card!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
maybe write him an old fashion love letter?
I did one recently for dh, it went over well! (men always love to hear why they are loved!)
cooking desert sounds like a great idea :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
You don't HAVE to get him a gift. Just have a wonderful evening. Make him a great dinner and then some dessert
31.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the input and suggestions ladies! i really do appreciate it
9.gif

BF said there was a change in plans and told me that instead of taking me out to dinner, he's going to cook for me! i'm not sure what he's planning to make since he doesn't EVER cook, but i think it's so sweet. just the thought of him slaving over the stove is enough as a present! haha! so now that leaves me room to make dessert and i'm planning to make him some cheesecake bars topped with lemon curd.
18.gif
i figured i'd combine his two favorite desserts (lemon meringue pie and cheesecake) and use at as part of his "gift".

since he gets up earlier than i do in the morning, i'm planning to write him out a nice message on our bathroom mirror using lipstick before i go to bed tonight. then tomorrow, i'm going to get him a nice card and possibly put together what i call a "happy box", which is basically a bunch of small little things put together as one gift. nothing over the top...just small meaningful things like his favorite snacks and candy. it's not much, but we're just really happy to be celebrating another year together! actually, we've been together for 3 and 1/2 years if you count when we first hooked up but, October 7th is when we made it more official. i guess it took us about 6 months to finally figure it out.
2.gif

anyway, thanks again all! i gotta run now...my 2 kitties are incessantly meowing at me because they're hungry. apparently, i also forgot to get them cat food.
40.gif
37.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 8:05:48 AM
Author: KatM
what about making him some sort of nice dessert? my bf really likes it when i make him treats that he can take to work, pass out, and tell people that i made them for him
30.gif

and at least you remembered. after 4 years together, i turned to bf and said that we should do something for our anniversary that was coming up. he, honest to god, said, ''we have one of those?''
20.gif

rotflmao2.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2009 9:49:45 PM
Author: vip0802
thanks for all the input and suggestions ladies! i really do appreciate it
9.gif

BF said there was a change in plans and told me that instead of taking me out to dinner, he''s going to cook for me! i''m not sure what he''s planning to make since he doesn''t EVER cook, but i think it''s so sweet. just the thought of him slaving over the stove is enough as a present! haha! so now that leaves me room to make dessert and i''m planning to make him some cheesecake bars topped with lemon curd.
18.gif
i figured i''d combine his two favorite desserts (lemon meringue pie and cheesecake) and use at as part of his ''gift''.

since he get''s up earlier than i do in the morning, i''m planning to write him out a nice message on our bathroom mirror using lipstick before i go to bed tonight. then tomorrow, i''m going to get him a nice card and possibly put together what i call a ''happy box'', which is basically a bunch of small little things put together as one gift. nothing over the top...just small meaningful things like his favorite snacks and candy. it''s not much, but we''re just really happy to be celebrating another year together! actually, we''ve been together for 3 and 1/2 years if you count when we first hooked up but, October 7th is when we made it more official. i guess it took us about 6 months to finally figure it out.
2.gif

anyway, thanks again all! i gotta run now...my 2 kitties are incessantly meowing at me because they''re hungry. apparently, i also forgot to get them cat food.
40.gif
37.gif
I think your plan is perfect!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that's not so bad. Just make him dinner and write him a nice card! At least you remembered.

ETA: Never mind--sounds like you have it under control. If it makes you feel any better--I totally forgot about our 1 year anniversary and made other plans for that night. I still haven't lived it down!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2009 9:43:22 AM
Author: ckrickett
what does he like? Does he have a sweet tooth, maybe (like KatM said) make him a dessert, and since the inevitable will happen, tie that in together too.
It would be romantic fun thoughtful and I''m sure NO complaining would be on his part at all!
27.gif
31.gif
9.gif
no need,cuz she''s the dessert!!
31.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 9:04:09 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 10/6/2009 9:43:22 AM

Author: ckrickett

27.gif
31.gif
9.gif
no need,cuz she''s the dessert!!
31.gif

there are ways you can combine the two!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results