shape
carat
color
clarity

Illustrations of "The World's Most Iconic Engagement Rings"

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting illustrations of some iconic rings and wedding sets. I didn't know that Audrey Hepburn had a stack of 3 bands instead of a traditional wedding set. She was always light years ahead of fashion trends! :twirl:

Which ring is your favorite? I like Elizabeth Taylor's and Queen Elizabeth's! :bigsmile:

http://www.pragnell.co.uk/pragnell-house/news/the-worlds-most-iconic-engagement-rings
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3421708/Forget-Mariah-Carey-s-new-bling-Jackie-Kennedy-Grace-Kelly-infographic-details-dazzling-history-world-s-iconic-engagement-rings.html

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Illustrations of "The World's Most Iconic Engagement Rin

Very interesting!

Thanks for sharing, Mochiko42! :wavey:

Do I have to pick a favorite. That could take some time! There are too many beautiful ones from which to choose! :lol:

Q

Queenie60

My favorite is Queen Elizabeth's :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely Grace Kelly's, as I love ECs, and was fortunate enough to see it in person in Paris as part of the exhibits for the Cartier's show.

Elizabeth Taylor's is just too big for my liking. Perhaps I too would like it if it is on my hand! :bigsmile:

I never liked the sapphire ring; Jackie's is too fussy; however, I quite like QEII's ring.

DK :))

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Queenie60|1454112069|3983788 said:
My favorite is Queen Elizabeth's :love:

Yes! Its lovely!

The sketch in the article didn't do much for me, however, I've seen photos of the ring and it is beautiful!

Here are a couple of photos.

queen_elizabeth_engagement_ring_photo_1.jpg

queen_elizabeth_engagement_ring_photo_2.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My favorite is Grace Kelly's. Agree that the Kennedy ring is messy and I was also never sure about the sapphire. The queen's is OK but nothing that special IMO. I think that the Taylor ring is absurdly large. I think that her diamond set as a pendant plus Grace Kelly's ring as an e-ring would be the ideal set.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko! Thank you for sharing these beauties! I love Grace Kelly's emerald cut 10 plus carat diamond. Oh la la. And I also love that Prince Ranier proposed to her with a smaller diamond and when he realized that others in their social circles were wearing larger diamonds he got her this 10 plus carat emerald diamond. :love: See we are not the only ones who upgrade. :appl:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh, my! This is wonderful. I think my favorite's is Queen Elizabeth's as well. But I have always had a soft spot for the Krupp diamond. :love:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

Love all of them though QE2s edges it for daily wear

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My favorite is Queen Elizabeth's ring - just love the look; no wonder I have the rings I do!

Jackie's ring looks like a cocktail ring to me, Liz wore hers well but far too large for my tastes as is Princess Grace's ring. I love Diana's sapphire ring but in all honesty, I wouldn't have wanted it for an engagement ring.

We're all different and tastes surely vary!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1454173936|3984156 said:
Mochiko, I hope you don't mind if I add this link. I would love to see a better pic of Mia Farrow's 9 carat pear ER.
https://www.theknot.com/content/celebrity-trendsetting-engagement-rings

Thanks for sharing the link, missy! It's interesting to see that apart from Angelina's ring, the recent trend has been towards micro bands. Kim and Beyoncé's bands look almost too thin for those giant rocks. :lol:

It's funny how every entertainment site describes Jennifer Aniston's diamond differently. I've seen it called a rose cut, radiant, cushion... I would guess it's a rose cut.

I wonder if Mia Farrow kept her ring? Pears aren't my cup of tea but it looks gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results