shape
carat
color
clarity

Illegal car reposession

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HudsonHawk, yes, thank goodness things turned out ok for you both. I didn''t want to respond to your thread earlier because I had no advice to give or experience with this subject, but I followed the thread from when you first posted and felt so bad for you. So good job on sort of achieving justice in this matter! I hope you guys can find a bank you''re happy with that will treat you better and not screw things up like Sovereign did.
35.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
HH, I am so glad this got resolved! I was not surprised at all when I saw which bank it was though. I HATE Sovereign Bank. They have been nothing but trouble for me. Thier customer service is absolutely horrible. As soon as we gert married, FI and I are switching to a different bank.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little update...It turns out my bf''s estranged father has an auto loan from SB as well. TJ is a Jr. so they have the same initials and name. Well his father hasn''t made payments on his infinity since February and so when it went into collections they flagged both accounts thinking that our Jeep was owned by the same person in default. So they took it. Now, a little due diligence in checking social security numbers or even looking at the payment history of TJ''s account would have prevented this so it''s still SB''s fault. These kinds of mix-ups are a fact of life for TJ, he''s had lots of problems with his credit and collection agencies coming after him in error because his dad is so irresponsible. So we should have known from the start that his is what happened. However, if we hadn''t been so diligent in following up to straighten it out they would have sold the car out from under us, mistake or not.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2007 1:11:39 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
A little update...It turns out my bf''s estranged father has an auto loan from SB as well. TJ is a Jr. so they have the same initials and name. Well his father hasn''t made payments on his infinity since February and so when it went into collections they flagged both accounts thinking that our Jeep was owned by the same person in default. So they took it. Now, a little due diligence in checking social security numbers or even looking at the payment history of TJ''s account would have prevented this so it''s still SB''s fault. These kinds of mix-ups are a fact of life for TJ, he''s had lots of problems with his credit and collection agencies coming after him in error because his dad is so irresponsible. So we should have known from the start that his is what happened. However, if we hadn''t been so diligent in following up to straighten it out they would have sold the car out from under us, mistake or not.
Boy, this would be a giant red flag to never have your accounts at the same places as his father!!! Find out what credit cards he has, where his loans are, etc.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had no idea he had financing through SB or believe me we would have taken precautions to make sure the accounts were clearly marked as different people. My bf and his father are completely estranged due to money issues similar to this and from experience my mf knows that all he can do is deal with situations like this as they come up and closely monitor his credit report (as well as using identity theft protection). It sucks but next to changing his name there''s nothing he can do
7.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
It still s*cks. They really should do something for your inconvience.

This is a more common problem than many think. A relative is a junior w/ a dead beat dad. He was advised to use his nickname in "quotes" after his first name. It sort of flags it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results