shape
carat
color
clarity

Igloo Diamonds - any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoClue

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone has heard of Igloo Diamonds, (www.diamonds.ca or www.diamonds.org) as I am strongly considering purchasing a stone from them, but they don''t post a phone number and their (admittedly new) website doesn''t exactly inspire confidence...their president is a guy named Gad Zak, and they seem to have something to do with a diamond distributor named Van-Daaz. They recently announced that they will give 50% of their profits to a chairy, Adopt-A-Minefield, which I''d love to support (that''s the main reason I''m considering Igloo) so I suppose I will call that organization and check the claim through that channel. But if anyone has any experience with them, I would be oh-so-grateful.

Thanks!

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the sound of it, in my humble opinion...

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I too am a little sceptical. Adopting a minefield seems more like a business than a charity.

MDMichaelD

Rough_Rock
Check out the Adopt-A-Minefield website; they''re obviously a legitimate non-governmental non-profit with a great goal. I happened to just buy a beautiful diamond from Igloo and the main reason I chose them was for their association with such a great charity. There''s no doubt that the association helped get my business, and that is good business if you ask me. Businesses have always associated themselves with socio-political forces, usually for the worst (aka - oil and our current american regime). Why not support a business that has tied itself to a real world-enhancing movement?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I dunnos, maybe it''s just my ignorance, but for some reason the name Gad Zak and the distributor name Van-Daaz sounds like funny names from a comic book!!! Not a real, legit company....... but they do sound pretty cool though!!!!
2.gif
2.gif

I''ve never heard of the company though!

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
I've heard of them before, though I don't know anyone who has purchased from there. I think it's great you want to buy an ethical diamond and they look like an interesting company.

They are a member of the Better Business Bureau Reliability Program according to this site.

Also they do post a number on their site: 1-800-777-0889 Ex:IGLOO and their head office appears to be located in the U.S.
Igloo Diamonds Corporate Head Office,
1802 N. Carson St., Suite 212-2325
Carson City, NV, 89701

I found that info here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results