shape
carat
color
clarity

IG Sellers Review!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I thought it might be nice to have a thread talking about different IG sellers as there are so many and it's sometimes hard to know who to trust. I have worked with a few in the last 6 months and wanted to do a short review on each. I have also seen a few people asking about consignment options, so I’ll talk about that as well.

BeetleandLark_Antiques — Aidyn is very kind and professional. She has consigned several pieces for me and has done a fabulous job with marketing and communication. Her commission is very reasonable and she was able to sell a couple of my pieces incredibly fast. An especially great option for Canadians. I highly recommend her.

Speakeasyjewels — I have nothing but positive things to say about Heather. She is very sweet, fun, and honest. She also offers consignment at a reasonable rate and has great communication. Another great option.

Kelty Pelechytik — I have several KP pieces and they are lovely. My experience with her customer service, however, has been mixed — started out great and ended poorly. I would not work with her again, but if you do, my advice is to make return policies crystal clear in writing before making a purchase. I would also advise to maintain strict professional boundaries and clear communication in writing. She does not offer consignment as far as I know.

I hope that helps. I'd love to hear about others' experiences!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have bought from Katy & Co, SinCityFinds, Alex Park, Heart and Serpent. I have not had issues with any of these sellers and they were all good experiences BUT I never tried to return anything or had a problem with the item. Therefore I don't think it's easy to rate in terms of my experiences because the customer service aspect really becomes clear once there is a problem, and you see how the seller addresses it!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
This is a great thread, thank you!

I have repeatedly worked with Alex Park; loose natural diamonds, loose lab diamonds and jewelry through Heather. I had to return one jewelry item, which was a credit towards another purchase. You have to be comfortable paying via PayPal friends&family or Zelle, but the prices and quality are worth it.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I have bought from Katy & Co, SinCityFinds, Alex Park, Heart and Serpent. I have not had issues with any of these sellers and they were all good experiences BUT I never tried to return anything or had a problem with the item. Therefore I don't think it's easy to rate in terms of my experiences because the customer service aspect really becomes clear once there is a problem, and you see how the seller addresses it!

I totally agree that how a vendor handles an issue is the best way to assess customer service. I had a gut sense in my situation that it might become an issue, but didn't listen to myself. Lesson learned!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once you figure out how to contact Alex Park and buy from him, he has wonderful product and great customer service. I had a return that was no problem at all and I got my cash back.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Ramon Tesoro (RTGemcutter) - Wonderful, probably best cutting I've ever seen, his recuts are just as great as his intitial cuts, customer service is a bit odd sometimes (some rough dealers won't work with him or he won't work with them)

Alex Webber (PremierGemstones) - Great customer service, pics reliable and accurate, auctions are awesome, cutting is hit or miss depending on where he sources the stones and whether he has his lapidary recut

Michelle Mai (MVMGems) - Great customer service, pics are reliable and accurate, great cutting both initial and recut

Ales Krivanek (Ravenstein_Gem_Co) - Great customer service, direct access to miners so gets some awesome rough early, cuts are dependent on who he has do the work but the precision cuts are great

Jeff Davies (jeff_davies_custom_cutting and jeffdaviesandson) - Great customer service, access to some great rough, great pricing (I've gotten package discounts, also has repeat customer discounts), cuts are more hit or miss; I've found some to have inconsistent or knife-edge girdles and need recuts so ask for girdle pics or details

Tim Condron (InoroGems) - Great customer service, great pricing (have gotten package discounts), cuts are dependent on whether he does the work or sells the native cuts as is, he gets some really neat rough and rare stones I don't often see

Sara Commers (saracommersprivatejeweler) - Is my local jeweler who I've been working with for over a decade. I can't say enough positive about her!! She has a huge collection of stones and will work with customer stones or source per request. She said she's done some work with PSers who said they found her through my posts/recommendations - so maybe one of them will comment

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had great experiences with:

Alex Park @parksfinegroupinc (plus the rest of their crew, noted on the original IG account bio)
Leslie of @Leslielsc
@Katmojojewelry
Natalie at J.R. Columbian (emeralds) @columbianemeralds
Ruth at @rubytuesdaynyc

I follow so many more and respect them immensely, just don't have unlimited funds!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone for adding their reviews! I think it's so great to have a list of good experiences as well as not so good so that we can all go into transactions with eyes wide open. My most recent experience ended badly and it was very upsetting for me -- I wish I had known beforehand who I was dealing with. Good learning, though -- I ignored my gut telling me something was off, but I won't do that again! Keep the reviews coming!

kel12345

Rough_Rock
Once you figure out how to contact Alex Park and buy from him, he has wonderful product and great customer service. I had a return that was no problem at all and I got my cash back.

Hi! Did Alex send you a return label? I’m considering a purchase but worried about return shipping if I need to send it back, I assume insurance on something that’s $5000 is quite expensive unless he sends you a prepaid label that you pay him for?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Gilded Lane - Jocelyn - is lovely, great pieces, honest, offers layaway and will do consignment. I have had multiple good transactions with her and consider her a jewelry buddy! I'd love to see her in person if I visit LA!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I have had wonderful experiences with Andrew Moline. He specializes in pearls, of course (as he is well known on the forum.)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gilded Lane, Premier gemstones, Andrew Moline are all excellent

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results