shape
carat
color
clarity

If you''ve used an exercise/stability/birthing ball...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
What size was it?

I want to order one to use as a birthing ball, but then use as an exercise ball after the birth. The online size guide says that for them to be used properly, you should order by height. According to my height, I should order one that is 55 cm. However, thinking back to times I''ve sat on them in the past or used them at the gym, I really think I was more comfortable with the bigger balls that were more like 75 cm. So now I''m trying to decide if I should order 55 cm, 65 cm, or 75 cm...any suggestions?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine- Obviously haven''t used one yet, but they did tell us the same thing in my labor/birthing class. Can''t remember the exact reason, but it made perfect sense at the time as to why you need one for your height. I think it has something to do with how your hips are positioned. If it''s too low, your knees are above your hips, and if it''s too high, you are slanted down and I don''t think it''s helpful/optimal for labor. BUT hopefully someone who has BTDT will answer, since I would really like to know as well.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
The one I use (for exercise), which seems to be the "standard" size for women is 65 cm. I got it at walmart for around $12. The bigger ones are awfully huge, and the smaller are too small to be comfortable to sit on IMO, but they''re great for arm stuff. I''d vote 65 unless you''re under 5 feet, then maybe the 55.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mine is the 65. i don''t think to just go by height is necessarily right. you should go to a sporting goods store or similar, if you can, and try the different sizes.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Well, I was out running errands yesterday, and I had some returns for Target, and I decided to get the ball there even though it would have been cheaper at Walmart. I got the 65cm even though I''m only 5''1. I''m sooooo glad I didn''t get the 55, but I''m still thinking I wouldn''t have minded the 75 either. I don''t know if maybe it''s not quite inflated enough or something, but even with being as short as I am, when I sit on it, my knees are almost past 90 degrees.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
It might need to be inflated more. I had to add more air after a few days, it seemed to stretch out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results