shape
carat
color
clarity

If you''ve ever taken a hiatus from Pricescope...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
What made you leave and what made you come back? How long was your break from PS?

And to the rest of you - are you the hiatus type or once gone, gone forever from a Internet forum?

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 12:31:18 AM
Author:TravelingGal
What made you leave and what made you come back? How long was your break from PS?

And to the rest of you - are you the hiatus type or once gone, gone forever from a Internet forum?

I''ve taken breaks here and there, not sure how long. When on the LIW forum, sometimes I found it was too intense and hence, made me feel too intense so I would keep away for a little while. I always came back b/c I missed having others like me to talk to or just to read similar thoughts and feelings.

I took a longer break after having some real problems with my relationship. It was just too heartbreaking to be on this site, a place where I was a LIW, where others helped me plan my wedding... and I was really just in too much pain to communicate w/anyone, other than close family and friends, during that time. I came back during that time for some support and then, just to return to the community that keeps me interested. I''ve never been someone who posts all the time but after my return, I noticed that I still don''t post quite as often as I did. I know that I still don''t feel 100% comfortable posting about certain things so I read more than I write. Plus, I always try to write only when I feel I have something useful to say.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, haven''t taken a break. I love PS. I have to see what you and Dancing Fire are going to come up with, for questions. HA.

I haven''t joined any other Internet Forums.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
taken a break a few times from PS longest I think was 4-5 days other than when I was in the hospital.

Might be taking an extended break soon depending on what happens offline. (not PS related, things are a mess here)

Have done both on other forums was away from one for 5 years and then started posting again.
Others I have never went back to.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh geez Storm, I do hope you are OK.

Hugs, Linda

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never taken a break as I love coming on here. The only other forum that I use is tripadvisor so I only go on that if I have a holiday coming up.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took a break last year because I was insanely busy at work and I do the majority of my PSing at work. I didn''t announce that I was leaving, I just started lurking and then I disappeared all together.

Announcing your departure is lame in my opinion unless it has to do with something tragic or family related...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 1 week brief departure after having my babies.
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve taken mini-breaks from LIW just because I was getting worked up over stuff.

Nothing "announced" ... just stepped away for a few days.

I don''t know if I''m the hiatus type or the gone forever type, since I''ve never had a real break from PS. I would imagine if something made me so upset or angry that I went packing, I''d likely not be back.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
There have been times when I''ve not checked in for a bit because I''ve been busy, but I can''t fathom taking a hiatus because I''ve had my feelings hurt or gotten too wrapped up in PS.

If I left I can only imagine it would be because my life was filled with other things that were occupying my time and I might come back when I had more of it. It''s the only forum I have actively participated in so I don''t know the answer to this question for sure.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I never intentionally "take a break" but just have periods where I don''t feel the sense of affinity I used to. Then volia I''ll log on and get captured by something or someone that draws me back in.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
No breaks, but I did have several weeks where I didn''t post or posted rarely, because I was so fed up with some of the egos on here. Not to mention I spent WAY too much time on here anyway so I needed to remember I had a real life lol.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when i first joined, i forgot my user name, and left for about 6 months, then couldn''t remember which email account I had, so I signed up again, in October, bought my upgrade rings, left for about 3 months and now back..

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i haven''t since i registered (beginning of this year), but i followed this site for about 4 years before i registered, and i''d take breaks and come back during that time. i enjoyed reading, but just didnt have the time to get involved. since i registered, i think the longest break i''ve had has been 2 days. as time goes on i''m sure i will take the occasional hiatus, however, as i like a change of pace in all things from time to time. i dont leave things entirely, tho, so will come back. probably not unlike before i was registered.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
About 3 months after joining, I stopped posting for about a month or so, just becuase there was "too much" LIW to think about. While lurking I found hangout, so when I strated posting again, it wasn't all LIW all the time.

Then there was the Hurricane for 3 months while I lived across the state.
20.gif
Not completely away from PS, but far less time.

Rght now, I noticed, I'm not really posting as much as I used to. Sticking around BWW mostly, and read a few things here and there in Hangout and Shopping. 2 months away from the wedding, and it's getting kind of stressful. I usually turn in, when I get stressed out... which makes it hard to post on a public forum.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m not really the type to intentionally take a break unless the attitude on here really shifted and became nasty. I may disappear for a while due to real life stuff (vacations, lots of work to do, etc.) but it would take a lot for me to throw up my hands and say, "I need a break from that place!" And if I ever reached that point, I probably wouldn''t come back.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
No intentional or announced breaks but sometimes if I''m away and often on weekends, I don''t feel the need to be on the computer at all--not necessarily just PS. Also, after I had my babies, it was hard to get online. Often, I''ll just read and not post because sometimes I just don''t feel like it so it''s almost like taking a break! That''s why I''ve been on here for 4 years but haven''t racked up a million posts. I don''t have a lot to say but I like to follow the stories (and drama!).

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I gave up PS for Lent this past spring, and it was more difficult than I thought. I wondered everyday what was going on with everyone, and really missed it. I tried to use that time to do more family-related things, and it ended up being a really good thing for me.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I never take an intentional hiatus. I love this place. I just end up not coming for a few days every now and then when there''s a lot going on.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Interesting thread, TG.

Honestly, for me... it's usually just Real Life getting in the way
2.gif
... but other times, I have felt the need to step back from the "GOTTAGETANUPGRADE, GOTTAGETTHIS, GOTTAGETTHAT, LOOKITTHIS, LOOKITHAT, OHMYLORDDIDYASEETHAT, and OHIWANTTHATANDTHATANDTHATANDTHAT, TOO!" rollar-coaster that PS Bling can be for me. I am usually a happy person who is quite content with what she has, so when I start feeling a bit anxious or unsatisfied about what I DON'T have (you know, like that elusive 3.5+ carater?!!!
30.gif
), that's just not a fun feeling for me -- and I know it's time to take a break for awhile.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never intentionally taken a PS haitus, just work that mostly gets in the way, and my inability to pick up the laptop once I get home from the office.
3.gif

I think right after I got married I just stopped posting for about a year - maybe a post here and there, but I just didn''t feel like I fit in anywhere since I wasn''t anxiously awaiting a proposal anymore and I wasn''t anxiously awaiting a wedding. I didn''t feel like I had much to contribute back then.
5.gif

I''m glad I''ve come back more regularly in the last year - I''ve made some wonderful friendships (especially locally
30.gif
) that I couldn''t have made otherwise.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 10:45:14 AM
Author: Lynn B
Interesting thread, TG.

Honestly, for me... it''s usually just Real Life getting in the way
2.gif
... but other times, I have felt the need to step back from the ''GOTTAGETANUPGRADE, GOTTAGETTHIS, GOTTAGETTHAT, LOOKITTHIS, LOOKITHAT, OHMYLORDDIDYASEETHAT, and OHIWANTTHATANDTHATANDTHATANDTHAT, TOO!'' rollar-coaster that PS Bling can be for me. I am usually a happy person who is quite content with what she has, so when I start feeling a bit anxious or unsatisfied about what I DON''T have (you know, like that elusive 3.5+ carater?!!!
30.gif
), that''s just not a fun feeling for me -- and I know it''s time to take a break for awhile.
Ditto this, too. Sometimes I just want to be happy with what I have, and all of the gorgeous bling gets my head spinning and I want to start amasssing . . . things.
3.gif

But, when that happens, I usually spend more time in Hangout or F&H.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m a once I''m gone, I''m gone type of person. It takes a lot for me to get offended to a point where I don''t want to post anymore. Once I get to that point, there''s no returning.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 10:45:14 AM
Author: Lynn B
Interesting thread, TG.

Honestly, for me... it''s usually just Real Life getting in the way
2.gif
... but other times, I have felt the need to step back from the ''GOTTAGETANUPGRADE, GOTTAGETTHIS, GOTTAGETTHAT, LOOKITTHIS, LOOKITHAT, OHMYLORDDIDYASEETHAT, and OHIWANTTHATANDTHATANDTHATANDTHAT, TOO!'' rollar-coaster that PS Bling can be for me. I am usually a happy person who is quite content with what she has, so when I start feeling a bit anxious or unsatisfied about what I DON''T have (you know, like that elusive 3.5+ carater?!!!
30.gif
), that''s just not a fun feeling for me -- and I know it''s time to take a break for awhile.
+1. Sometimes I take a few days here and there, unannounced, just to take a step back and look at reality. I love bling, and that''s what brought me here in the first place, but DH and I are not rich by any means so I need to remind myself sometimes that a 2+ carat ring is not in my future. I love the pieces that I have so sometimes taking a wee break reminds me of how lucky I am.

I also LOVE the mommies thread. It is so nice having somewhere to go where we can talk babies and not feel like we''re boring someone
5.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 1:22:38 AM
Author: strmrdr
taken a break a few times from PS longest I think was 4-5 days other than when I was in the hospital.

Might be taking an extended break soon depending on what happens offline. (not PS related, things are a mess here)

Have done both on other forums was away from one for 5 years and then started posting again.
Others I have never went back to.
I''m so sorry to hear that things are a mess, Karl
38.gif
. You would be sorely missed by many of us who welcome your help in so many areas of your expertise. Speaking for myself, I''ve noticed that you''re first in line for those who need ''prayers outgoing'' , ''prayers continuing'', or ''finer than a frog''s hair cut 6 ways'', or for those who need to hear the magic words, ''kicken'' or ''kewl''.

Your expertise spans so many areas that you would be sorely missed.
8.gif

I understand that PS is not the cause of your mess, but please be aware that many of those you''ve helped would gladly return the favour if you''d let us.
36.gif
35.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 12:31:18 AM
Author:TravelingGal

I definitely have. Sometimes it has to do with me and what is going on in my life, and sometimes it is because of the PS atmosphere.
Usually I''ll just lurk.
This is the only internet community I belong to.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never taken a hiatus on purpose, I just get busy sometimes and don''t post for awhile. I think the longest was right after I got engaged (3 weeks?) and that was mostly due to being too busy to take pictures to post. Didn''t want to come back to LIW without any photos because I knew my girls would just hate that LOL.

If I ever leave, it probably won''t be due to taking offense to someone''s post--I don''t offend easily--but rather just being too busy with life. Since I work at a computer all day, that isn''t possible just yet.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt that anyone could offend me enough for me to leave in a huff. If anything, it will be because I got bored with PS. And most likely, as I did with my travel forum, I''d just fade off into the sunset never to return.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 8:19:16 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I took a break last year because I was insanely busy at work and I do the majority of my PSing at work. I didn''t announce that I was leaving, I just started lurking and then I disappeared all together.

Announcing your departure is lame in my opinion unless it has to do with something tragic or family related...

Agreed.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 12:07:54 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I doubt that anyone could offend me enough for me to leave in a huff. If anything, it will be because I got bored with PS. And most likely, as I did with my travel forum, I''d just fade off into the sunset never to return.
DON''T GOOOOOOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results