carat
color
clarity

If you won the 1 Billion Powerball....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What jewelry would you buy???

I would buy a five carat Emerald cut and a five carat OEC. My husband just laughed and said I would be upgrading to a six carat in a weeks time! DSS never ends!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not so much Jewelry, but I'd want to find true Kashmir Sapphires and Russian Alexandrite from the original finds in the 1880s. Not prejuidced on size, when you've got $1 billion you don't have to be :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Colored stones--Demantoid and Alex; ruby or bixbite, and sapphire. And a rose gold Lange with a leather strap.

Oh and a Tiffany Victoria diamond bracelet.....or three! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd get lots of RHR - one each of all the shapes of diamonds, a Ceylon blue sapphire, a color change sapphire, a color change garnet, a pad sapphire, tons of dangle earrings to match my new RHR, a 6 carat diamond bracelet and then I'd need to keep working because all my money might be gone.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
jewelry-wise, I'd get a couple of Erika Winters bands, I'd reset my chrysoberyl and I'd have a couple pairs of earrings made.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, good question Calliecake, I have a feeling more than a few PS'ers have thought about this a bit! I would definitely get a few honkers - a large oval, a marquise and a big ol' cushion in a halo - and I'd get larger studs - and a big eternity ring. A ruby in a halo would be nice too. And then I'd just have fun buying whatever strikes my fancy, and not even super expensive things, just things I think are purdy :bigsmile:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea....it would be something truly spectacular....and of course I would have to buy multiple things..

first thing I would have to do is quit my job so I could dedicate time to make spectacular decisions about jewelry :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A tennis bracelet, bezel set with 0.5ct MRB diamonds
A cabochon Paraiba Tourmaline ring
A EC Columbian Emerald ring
A Mehange Spinal ring
A medium blue Sapphire, Asscher cut by Jeff White

That should do it to start with.

DK :))

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have fantasized about this happening!! I would buy my dream OEC - something 10-12 mm. I would buy a few other large stones - definitely an oval, perhaps an antique marquise or a step cut. I really wouldn't have to choose, would I? Oooh, also a large, blingy eternity band and larger diamond studs. I don't think I could spend all the money if I tried. I feel like I would give a lot of it away.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
A large, well cut, colorless, elongated pear diamond might find it's way to Casa de Andelain. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun thread!

First, every purchase I make would be matched 2x for each dollar spent by a donation to a charity of my choice.

Second.
Here's my list. With pictures, cause, really, that's all I'm ever going to have of this list anyway.

A seven stone bar set band 1.4 ctw from Wink.
perfect_seven_stone.jpg

An large sapphire set with diamonds in the Vine Trilogy setting by Victor (RHR) https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/the-vine-trilogy
file.jpg

A modern cushion 4 carat solitaire set in a solitaire by Steven like the one here (my stone would be a modern cushion):
IMG_080.jpg

AVR studs at 7mm and a matching solitiare pendant 8mm. (No picture. Either 8 prong settings or bezels not sure which).
A nice H-K OEC about 8-9mm set into a deco setting like the one in the picture below, probably done by Singlestone (RHR)
A 3 carat Emerald Cut from MC2 in their YG in their Flora setting with carre cuts on the wraps, also pictured below.
And a nice ruby three stone as well, pictured below. (RHR)
And a custom band from BGD, based on the design for Lesley's ring below (but with pears instead of marquise) and in platinum.

5ce4f942640176ef48758caedb50b9b7.jpg

c75fca83b99524ce4f60586dd6938909.jpg

e616521093dc93f695d8ef4f393a6bd0.jpg

briangavin_rosegold2_072610.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. And I'd buy my mom and aunts and my MIL all bling.

As follows (again with the 2x charity match).

I'd buy my mom a fancy yellow diamond suite. A ring, pendant and earrings. My mom is a brand person. So I'd probably go for the full set from Tiffany, the Enchant collection. http://media.tiffany.com/is/image/Tiffany/EcomItemL2/tiffany-enchantoval-yellow-diamond-pendant-29361665_930563_ED_M.jpg?defaultImage=NoImageAvailable&&

I'd buy my elder aunt this beauty: http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/rings/vintage-antique/3-71ct-old-european-cut-diamond-ring-gia-k-vs2#.VpN07lL8dLN and matching 8mm OEC studs by Grace. Reset the solitiare in Erika Winter's Grace Solitiare. And I'd ask Erika if she'd do matching settings on the earrings.

I'd buy younger aunt: https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/cocktail-rings/1960s-bulgari-emerald-diamond-cocktail-ring/id-j_1056942/ and https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/earrings/chandelier-earrings/pear-shaped-untreated-emerald-diamond-earrings/id-j_84041/ which I'd have modified to dangle more for her.

For my MIL. I'd go with a classic and understated set from BGD. BGD signature Studs at 7mm G VS in truth settings http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/studs/truth-studs-platinum-5773p . Matching pendant at 8mm in the Barbara setting. And five stone trellis II style with 25 pointers: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/five-stone-trellis-band-ii-18k-white-gold-5400w18 all in platinum. She wouldn't feel comfortable with larger bling and this would already be pushing her limits.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread Callie.
First I would make sure I had enough for the animal rescue property and upkeep and caring for all the animals. If there was anything left over (and truly only if there was leftover money) I would start thinking about bling. After giving enough to my parents so they didn't have to worry about money and to my sister too. And for Greg for all his woodworkshop needs.

Then I would think about what I want. Heck I don't have to think. I want a beautiful antique emerald cut ring and antique pear ring. So I would switch what I wear for my ER. And perhaps an antique pear pendant. That's all. No wait, I have been wanting a riviera necklace with large OECs. That's it. Then my bling wish list would be complete. Till I see something else I want that is. :naughty: :cheeky:

But first and foremost the animal rescue project. Above and over any bling. I know I am a bad PSer. :oops: What can I say. I love the animals more than bling. But I do love the bling. :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No jewellery. I'd finish paying off my house mortgage even though there's not much left, pay my children's college, give my parents some money, start my own business, and save/invest the rest. Yeah, totally boring. :bigsmile:

Oh, and if Trump gets elected as President of the USA, I would use that windfall to relocate to another country. :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Well, since I have a much better chance of being killed in an asteroid shower than I do winning the lottery, I really haven't hypothetically "spent" my millions yet ;-)
I suppose I might buy some jewelry, but it wouldn't be top on my list. I'd be more likely to purchase homes in various places and help some of my families pay off some debt. I'd also love to have the ability to start a charity of some sort. Beyond that, I could probably see myself upgrading my E-ring with a large, fabulous diamond and maybe buying some Van Clef and Arpels pieces that I've had on my wish list.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would change my ring into a 3 or 5 stone ring. I'm sure I can think of more. But yeah, get a good account or lawyer to set it all up, so my family doesn't need to worry but then there is yearly money allocated for a) spending on me and immediate family b) helping a few friends, and c) pet projects.

I am into conservation. I'd love to buy land along the "monarch superhighway" planted with milkweed and other indigenous species to help the monarch annual migration as well as other migratory species. I like what Conservation International is doing. Create an artist residency. Affordable housing in the cities. Would be my preference to help existing organizations than create my own if possible.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eventually I'd buy a honker of an ering stone. I don't know if I'd get a round or a fancy thing like an Octavia or Ashoka or something. But a honker. And the fishtail band from BGD. Just to have that. And a single stone BGD dbty necklace. And an Apple watch. And a rolex.

otherwise, not much else. My biggest plan would be to invest and save as much as possible so we weren't a statistic, DH is a saver. He'd quit, I know that. But otherwise I'd probably keep working. I'd get so bored if I didn't. I'd donate to our PAC fund at work, too. Bec that needs it.

And do extensive remodeling of our house, but I do want this amazing penthouse at the Chase LOL just for the terrace.

Ok Im about to become a statistic.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1452503863|3974071 said:
What a fun thread!

A nice H-K OEC about 8-9mm set into a deco setting like the one in the picture below, probably done by Singlestone (RHR)

Wow! Love this setting! Where's this one from?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've long kept a list of dream jewellery items. Pieces I could never justify in real life and with my current line of work.

1) 3-4 carat asscher cut diamond, bullet side stones.

2) OEC line bracelet. This 7 ctw is from Oak Gem on 1st Dibs.

3) massive diamond earrings. I love Yssie's old ones. I do think I'd want a bit larger, like 3-4ctw but the setting and shape are perfection.

4) diamond eternity ring, not sure of shape or size, but I'd going to stick with my favourite number and say 3ctw and go with round for bling factor. I really like the style of SB621's but with all that billions I'd have, I'd take my time to make sure the style suited me more than a shared prong eternity I also really like the looks of.

I've reached my max, continued in another post...

asscher_bullet_sides.jpg

oec_line_bracelet.jpg

yssies_2.png

sb621_4.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued, with photos because I like Gypsy's idea.

5) 1-1.5ct pear diamond pendant.

6) 3 stone coloured stone ring, probably with an emerald or ruby. This is with a sapphire, but I like the double claws and cushion shape so similar.

7) Cleopatra gold fringe necklace

8 ) Deb's 22K gold bangles. I can't find a photo of them!

9) Art Deco diamond earrings, pretty much any of them. These are from Lang's but really, any of them. Or all of them if I have billions!

pear_cut_diamond_pendant.jpg

ruby_diamond_three_stone_ring.jpg

cleopatra_gold_necklace.jpg

langs_diamond_earrings.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanno, I think there's a limit to how much money I'd spend on jewelry, even if I were a billionaire or a multi-multi-millionaire.

So many times, I look at prices of certain jewelry and I just know that it's many, many times above any fair market value, and I just don't think I could justify really massive expenditure on jewelry. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely buy some. But not as much as you'd think for a Pricescoper. A billion? Hmm. I'd ringfence perhaps 100k to spend on jewelry, and use the rest to help my family and do some good in the world.

But jewelry-wise, for my 100k, hmmm...well, I'd probably buy a nice handful of pieces from Kiki McDonough, maybe 30k worth, and perhaps one stunning right-hand ring which would probably be an emerald-cut diamond with baguette sides, which I'd spend about 50-60k on, and the remaining 10-20k on a number of smaller pieces that I have my eye on.

I think 100k out of a billion is reasonably restrained!

ETA: I'm not even sure I'd enjoy spending money on jewelry if I had a billion. At that level, you can buy anything you so desire, and so the fun kinda goes out of it. I mean, if you can buy absolutely anything you want, perhaps there is no meaning to any item. Prices become meaningless. Acquisition perhaps becomes meaningless.

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
First stones, the 2.71ct J, 2.42ct M, 1.59ct P, and the 2.31ct Q from Wink. Really hooked on the warm stuff.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1452527031|3974172 said:
Eventually I'd buy a honker of an ering stone. I don't know if I'd get a round or a fancy thing like an Octavia or Ashoka or something. But a honker. And the fishtail band from BGD. Just to have that. And a single stone BGD dbty necklace. And an Apple watch. And a rolex.

otherwise, not much else. My biggest plan would be to invest and save as much as possible so we weren't a statistic, DH is a saver. He'd quit, I know that. But otherwise I'd probably keep working. I'd get so bored if I didn't. I'd donate to our PAC fund at work, too. Bec that needs it.

And do extensive remodeling of our house, but I do want this amazing penthouse at the Chase LOL just for the terrace.

Ok Im about to become a statistic.

Yeah I would probably buy a vacation home in some incredibly beautiful spot, like an island. I'd let my sister live there for free to be caretaker :devil: I think she'd like that.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you! I'd be interested in other purchases first - like a flat! And getting a house for sister, paying off my parent's mortgage, new car for us, and them, whatever DH wanted to do for his parents. A couple pieces of jewellery would be up there though. Chances are I'd buy one or two and just deem the rest unnecessary, but it's fun to wish and dream.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh Good Lord...where to even begin? First of all, bling wise - I'd need a 10-12mm. Royal Asscher, bezel set, of course, to replace my current e-ring. Then an asscher eternity band to go with (not sure how many pointers, I guess it would depend on how much finger coverage I had left after the honking e-ring). Then I'd also want a 5 ct. AVC set into a pendant. And 2 ct. AVC stud earrings.

Next I'd probably focus on some colored stone RHRs. The possibilities are endless!

As for non-bling, I'd make sure that my favorite charities are taken care, especially Harmony House for Cats here in Chicago. I'd give my immediate family (sister, brother/sisters in-law, nieces, nephews, mother/father-in-law) enough to live comfortably so they'd never have to work again.

We'd pay off all our bills, then DH and I would buy a beautiful dream home in Maui and disappear from the world and just enjoy life!

It's fun to dream!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would jump on a train to New York and buy everything in Leviev's and Graff's stores. If any money would be left after that, I would toddle over to Cartier, Winston & Tiffany and get whatever I could. Then I would treat myself to some champagne at the Plaza Hotel.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Excellent idea, Madame! Maybe I could go with you and protect your packages :bigsmile: .

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1452626834|3974870 said:
Excellent idea, Madame! Maybe I could go with you and protect your packages :bigsmile: .

It's a deal! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results