shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were to work at a jewelry store, which one would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to Robbins Bros. on Saturday for FI to try on wedding bands. We plan to order online, but we were using them for their vast stock
28.gif

While we were there, I looked around the room at all the nervous men trying to pick out engagement rings for their girlfriends... and thought, what sales job could be MORE fun than helping them choose that oh-so-important piece of jewelry?? Almost made me wish I weren't making decent money elsewhere so I could go be part of the Robbins Bros. sales team
9.gif

So my question is, where would you choose to work? Tiffany/Cartier/Graff, to live vicariously through the beautiful high-end pieces
30.gif
? Zales/Kay... to somehow subliminally warn would-be customers
11.gif
?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm
G.O.G
Pearlmans
Winfields
NiceIce

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Either Tiffany or Signed Pieces...Both drool-worthy, nice quality, with some or all designer pieces, yet sometimes obtainable, esp with a discount!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Maybe Dianne''s Estate Jewelry in Disneyland... I love going in there and I love the pieces they get in there. But, I couldn''t work there because I would refuse to take out my earrings (at Disneyland they don''t allow you to have more than 1 pair of very modest earrings).
20.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''d pick singlestone
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Already worked in a high end jewelry store. So for me it would be in a non retail type setting such as WF.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
23rd st. jewelers...their prices are inflated, but I could oogle their pieces all day long. I''d feel fine selling their pieces too, very beautiful for those who can afford them. The commute would be nice too, I can walk there from my apt.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hrmmm locally I''d love to work at Calleija with the staff discount I could possibly likely hope to be able to afford the jewelery there :razz: though I would settle for Tiffany''s :razz: the one here does not have massive stones? well it did not when I last went
7.gif
which was fairly disappointing.

Internationally Van Cleef for the exact same reason :).

Just think you could stand there and stare at the pretties all day long :)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would work at a store that would foot the bill for a gemology degree for me.
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I would work in Graff like a shot - but behind the scenes, not in retail. I hate the general public. Shudder...

I'd also want them to cough up for my FGA, and take me on buying trips!

I would HATE to help men buy rings. I cope with my friends as long as they trust me to make some decisions. I am about to kill my brother who is driving me mad. He cannot understand that a ring with a stone in it will be higher up than a plain band. Wants minute and ridiculous changes to settings - doesn't want an open space under the diamond (what
33.gif
33.gif
) Thinks 0.35 tcw of baguette sidestones will look TOO BIG with a 1ct centre stone. etc etc

I have already had 15 emails from him this morning...

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
HEE!! Fun thread!

I would LOVE love LOVE to do this:

1) get my gemology degree
2) set up my own business as a consultancy to help men buy engagement rings (here in Canada) by dealing with US vendors. Canada stinks for inventory.
3) work from home and via email with my clients - going to THEM for meetings.

dreams

PS. as a start, I'd work for a non-retail vendor like WF if they would open up an office here in Canada (Toronto!) *wink wink wink*

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2007 1:18:09 AM
Author: musey
I think I''d pick singlestone
9.gif
I totally agree. I''d love to be around old stones and antiques. I would hate to work at any of the other stores where I''d either be pushing substandard stuff or high priced stuff that didn''t warrant the price. Not for me.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you mela lu!

I really think that WF or GOG or Wink need an office here in London.
36.gif

I am more than happy to set it up, run it etc

I can even offer my spare bedroom - I''m sure I can buy a big safe from somewhere!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Okay, surprise, surprise...not Tiffany, Graff or any of those lovely spots, but rather at an upscale Toronto place called Royal de Versailles. They have jewllery TDF and they allow their sales associates to wear tens of thousands of dollars worth of the most gorgeous pieces
36.gif
36.gif

I did actually buy a Piaget watch there many years ago.....ah yes, the good old days
3.gif

Remember that song, " Didn't we almost have it all..." That's our song
9.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
IF he had a store.............

............................................................LEON...............................................

but sadly...there is no store...I would LOVE to wear a ring from him.....especially the one I posted in the dream ring thread......
31.gif
31.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Does he need hand models?? I would be MORE than willing to volunteer.......
31.gif
31.gif
30.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 2:27:54 AM
Author: kcoursolle
23rd st. jewelers...their prices are inflated, but I could oogle their pieces all day long. I''d feel fine selling their pieces too, very beautiful for those who can afford them. The commute would be nice too, I can walk there from my apt.
DITTO! Their pieces are to die for.
kcoursolle, i haven''t been into the SM one, but used to LOVE licking the windows of the MB location when I lived in the South Bay
http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/index.htm

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, that''s a tough one! SingleStone, A La Vieille Russie...Anything with high end antique/vintage/estate gems.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results