shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were around 10-11 would you rather be Junior BM or FG?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have a quick question we plan on asking FI’s niece and nephew to be a part of the bridal party along with friends of ours two kids. His nephew and our friend’s daughter we plan on asking to be FG and RB no worries there.

His niece (and my future niece) is really tall, smart as a whip (a little too smart LOL) and precocious she will be around 10 possibly 11 due to her height she looks older then she is as well. Our friends son will just either be a junior GM or RB but since they will be wearing the same thing the distinction is not that great.

So at that age would you rather wear a flouncy white dress or a shorter (like tea length or to the knee) coloured version of the BM dresses?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Junior BM for sure. It will make her feel special and all grown up!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:58:47 AM
Author: honey22
Junior BM for sure. It will make her feel special and all grown up!

ditto.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Junior BM. Totally. I never got to be one of those. I was always a dang flower girl.
3.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Jr BM for sure. 10-11 yrs old is definitely pre-puberty and if she's tall, you are right, she'll look a little older. I would dress her more like a pre-teen than a little girl. Flouncy seems to young for her age.

How nice of you to include children in your wedding party!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for taking the time to respond ladies
1.gif
, that is what I kinda inclined towards for pretty much the same reasons but I wasn''t 110% sure I am fairly certain she has been a FG before not a JBM.

Freke I''ll swap ya, I never got to be a FG was meant to be but that wedding didn''t go ahead as planned but I did get to be a JBM and a BM.

swingirl Thanks for saying that :), I definitely could not, not include her or the other two muchkins - I hate to play favourites and since my niece is in the WP I think she should be as well and the fact I would love to have her there and the other kiddies I have known since birth so they are like family to us so we both want them there as well with us :).

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Junior BM. I think I actually read something yesterday that said FG and RB should be bewtween the ages of 3 and 7. Based on maturity level you can go slightly older or younger, but I think 10/11 should be a JBM.

ETA: It was in my "Knot Book of Wedding Lists": FG should be ages 3-7, and RB should be ages 4-8

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:37:05 AM
Author: meresal
Junior BM. I think I actually read something yesterday that said FG and RB should be bewtween the ages of 3 and 7. Based on maturity level you can go slightly older or younger, but I think 10/11 should be a JBM.

ETA: It was in my ''Knot Book of Wedding Lists'': FG should be ages 3-7, and RB should be ages 4-8

Thanks for posting that meresal, who knew there were guides. I definitly think JBM is the way to go I kinda have already visualised her look - and it looks freakin awesome :D.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Junior BM for sure. Especially if she looks older...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re on the right track with her being a JBM. The only wedding I''ve been in that had a JBM the bride''s sister was 12 and it worked out just fine.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dream and Claire

I think she will make a positively stunning and adorably cute JBM :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:20:27 AM
Author: swingirl
Jr BM for sure. 10-11 yrs old is definitely pre-puberty and if she''s tall, you are right, she''ll look a little older. I would dress her more like a pre-teen than a little girl. Flouncy seems to young for her age.

How nice of you to include children in your wedding party!!
Depends, a lot of girls are in the midst of puberty at that age.

Agreed that that is too old for a flower girl in most cases. I''d bet that if you have to ask, she''s probably too old.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results