shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were a ring, where would you hide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
It is in the apartment. Somewhere. I don''t know where. Maybe up high where I can''t reach? (It''s not on top of the kitchen cabinets or in the box of baseball cards -- I already checked those places). Maybe someplace I wouldn''t normally go into, like tucked into the lightbulb boxes or in one of his drawers. Its all I can do not to leave work to tear the house apart to find it. Maybe its not there -- maybe he took it with him and is going to propose tonight. I''ve never heard of a proposal at Passover dinner, but it could happen. Or maybe its still there. Aaaaaagh.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so exciting!!! I bet if he knows that you''re looking he has it out of the house somewhere. My BF said he isn''t even getting it sent to us for fear that I will intercept it. Ugh, waiting is horrible!

Just a word of advice on the snooping though...a few girls on here have been busted searching recently and their guys were REALLY hurt. Wouldn''t want to do anything that would prolong the wait!
2.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
If your man discovers you've been snopping, how upset will he be that you deemed it OK to steal away (or attempt to) his chance to be there when you see the ring for the very first time?? That moment can only happen once!! I've always been a snooper...Christmas, birthdays...ugh, I was always the worst. (But it's so hard to resist, isn't it?) This year I found the bag from the jewelry store a couple days before my birthday. For the first time ever, I think, I controlled myself and didn't snoop the apartment to find the gift from my bf. It made such a huge difference to the moment when he gave it to me (a diamond necklace). PLEASE don't ruin the surprise for yourself!!!!
23.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not actually snooping! I can''t say I haven''t been keeping an eye out when I''ve been doing things around the house (like actually looking in the cabinet behind things I take out...), but I''m not running around moving things and searching just to find it. It is terribly difficult not to snoop, but we''ve been down that road before about other things and I don''t want to go there again. It sucks, especially because it is still my apartment (he isn''t officially moving in until May when his lease is up, but he lives there as a practical matter) and its driving me nuts that he is hiding things there. (Although I understand that my place is more secure than his for a number of reasons). I''m not a gift snooper, and he has always been a really good gift hider/secret keeper. I didn''t even ask where he''d been when I was 99% sure he''d gone to pick up the ring (the car wasn''t parked in the same spot, and he said he had a stressful morning but wouldn''t talk about it). He told me himself without any prompting, but only after he got nervous about keeping a secret to the point that he made himself ill.
6.gif
I know he really wants the proposal to be surprising (after he ''fessed up about going to get the ring he made me promise that I''d still act surprised when I got it), and I won''t do anything to ruin that. That doesn''t mean I don''t wonder about where it is!!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
i keep thinking of goodnight moon, listing all the things in the room...brush, bowl of mush, cow jumping over the moon...

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
enbsfso,

I know what you mean, it''s a killer to think it''s actually in the house. I don''t have the erge to snoop and I think he''s not taking any chances. I think it''s been ready, but he doesn''t want to pick it up it''s in the safe at the jeweler because he might want to give it to me right away and it not be romantic proposal. I thought a few month ago that he was keeping it in the glove box of his classic car, I''d never happen to find it by accident there! I was tempted to satisfy my curiousity, but I refrained

Hopefully you don''t have to wait too much longer. I am really beginning to feel that ignorance is bliss..
BTW there is no wrong day to get engaged, pass over, april fools, valentine''s, super bowl, etc. hehehe

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI hid our ring in storage boxes inside a suitcase under the bed, he knew that was the LAST place I''d look. I did spend about 7 seconds looking for it when I first found out he had it, then thought better of it
11.gif
2.gif

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
favorite places to hide things for me
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
:

-the inside pocket of a jacket in my closet.
-unfinished basement: on top of the air vents
-inside of a pair of soccer socks
-back corner of a closet, behind all the clothes

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
Maybe it's not even in your apartment at all! If he really wants to keep it a surprise (especially since you already had him admit to getting it in the first place) he could very well have stashed it in his desk at work or at his parent's place or something. Honestly, from reading some of the snooping accounts on these boards if I was the guy I'd definitely stash the ring where she had no chance of finding it, either by accident or on purpose
2.gif

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Not that I would ever endorse snooping, but I think the freezer would be an excellent place.
2.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
It has to be in either my apartment or his (the latter is doubtful -- the building is being sold so there are random strangers/realtors in and out all the time). He doesn''t have any relatives in the area, and we live in downtown, so in the car is a big no-no. The only other option is that he took it to work, but if he did that I don''t think its to stash it, but to give it to me tonight. Again, too many people in and out of the office space and no locks on the doors (he probably has a locking file cabinet but doesn''t know it). He did make an extra trip back inside just as we were leaving for the day. Hmmmm....

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is LOCKED inside a metal firebox hidden behind and under a bunch of junk in the attic. I know where it is but he has the key and the attic is too big anyway to even consider searching. Hopefully, he will stop the insanity and give it to me.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
All I know is that I''d be tearing my house apart. I''m SOOOO not good with stuff like that!

jasper

Shiny_Rock
If I were in his shoes, I would rent a safe deposit box at a bank. It comes in handy for many things in life... rings, car titles, house deeds, wills, copies of manuscripts, house blueprints, lists of household possessions (so that your fire insurance can replace them), hard drive backups, et cetera.

In the Seattle area, the cost is about $40 - 80 per year.

-- Jasper

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
well, nothing yet. back to waiting...

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
DON"T snoop!!!! it''ll ruin the surprise...my friend snooped, found the ring, tried it on, and put it back. her fiance never found out, but she tells me that she ruined the seeing of the ring moment for herself.
38.gif

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
My husband hid my ring inside of a coffee cup (the ones that are for traveling with a lid on it). It was on the shelf in our office and because it had his collage logo on it, I guess i just thought he had it there as memorabilia and never thought twice about it. I am a HUGE snoop and I looked so I guess he had to hide it where I would never think to look for it. I'm so glad I never found it because it was a huge suprise when I saw it for the first time and i was sooo excited!
30.gif
Hope you got a passover proposal!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Let me clarify again for those who didn''t read the whole thread -- I am not actually snooping! I just needed something to distract me from the temptation. And what better distraction than PS?

No proposal yet -- we are both super-busy with work, so it might be a while. He actually said that he considered proposing before passover, but didn''t want me to have to deal with all the family friends looking at the ring and talking about it. (more like he didn''t want to deal with it -- I would''ve been thrilled to show it off to anyone who would look!). Oh, well, more waiting...

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 8:37:07 AM
Author:enbcfsobe
It is in the apartment. Somewhere. I don''t know where. Maybe up high where I can''t reach? (It''s not on top of the kitchen cabinets or in the box of baseball cards -- I already checked those places). Maybe someplace I wouldn''t normally go into, like tucked into the lightbulb boxes or in one of his drawers. Its all I can do not to leave work to tear the house apart to find it. Maybe its not there -- maybe he took it with him and is going to propose tonight. I''ve never heard of a proposal at Passover dinner, but it could happen. Or maybe its still there. Aaaaaagh.

Let''s see...

-Inside the vacuum cleaner bag? Icky, I know; but apparently it''s a great spot. Don''t ask...
2.gif

-In a file drawer w/ old tax returns? Who''d want to see those again?!?

-Ziploc''d and buried in a potted plant? A real buried treasure!

Hmmmm....

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Litter box??
23.gif

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 4:47:37 PM
Author: enbcfsobe
Litter box??
23.gif

Let''s hope there''s a Ziploc involved if this is the case!!
3.gif

-J

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 4:59:13 PM
Author: BunniBling

Date: 4/3/2007 4:47:37 PM
Author: enbcfsobe
Litter box??
23.gif

Let''s hope there''s a Ziploc involved if this is the case!!
3.gif

-J
It is the one place in my house that he is in charge of and I rarely, if ever, go near. It would be a dangerous place to hide it, though -- my cat could definitely demolish a ziploc!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well then, maybe, in the bag with the supplies of new litter. or maybe in a drawer inside socks?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drawers in the bathroom, behind the toilet, in the freezer...because those are the last places you would look LOL!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Well, nothing yet. Last night at our second passover seder he did talk about a "hypothetical" wedding in front of my parents. I know he already has their blessing, but this is the first time he''s talked about a wedding in front of them. That must mean we''re getting close. One thing that sucks is that because its passover, we don''t really have all that many options for things like going out to a nice dinner to celebrate. Oh, well. Back to more waiting.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
this is a good sign it''s getting close though!!
My b/f hasn''t talked about it in front of my parents.. He said that he wanted to get my parents blessing right before he was going to propose, but I said do you really know my parents??!! My Dad for one, is like a little girl, he can''t keep secrets. lol

B/f Mom is a nag about getting engaged, Mom I''m dying!! Oh that''s terrible, so when are you getting engaged? lol
I think she sees me as the baby making heir, that one that''s going to bring her grandchildren, since her oldest son, just got a divorce at 37 and no where near the point of having children. I ''m glad that she is excited though, I think they want to make a big fuss, maybe offer to pay for half the wedding, which is cool.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I told my bf about this thread and his reply was "I know you. I''m not even going to tell you when I''m going to the store to buy it! You would be waaayyyy too tempted to snoop" Yea, he knows me well. I''m always trying to figure out my presents and surprises etc... For Valentine''s Day he wouldn''t tell me where we were going out to dinner, just that it was a French rest in Providence. So I went online to Citysearch and figured it out...I managed to figure out what I''m getting for my birthday too. I''m getting a Tag Heuer Aquaracer watch. I don''t know what drives the compulsion to look but I''ve been this way since I was a kid. I love surprises too, I just like the hunt I guess.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My ring was hiding inside a pair of socks which were inside a suitcase full of ski clothes in the back of the closet.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
He volunteered to make me dinner tonight. Maybe? Maybe? Is it that time??? Possibly? It might be... I think I''m going to pee myself. I''m suddenly terrified -- aaaaaagh!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results