shape
carat
color
clarity

If you want a Jewel Jet cleaner...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, DD!!

Its funny you should mention the towel on the floor, Ame. While cleaning my ring it slipped out of the tweezers twice and fell on my tile floor!!! I was SO UPSET and worried that I cracked/chipped my diamond!!! As far as I could tell, it was ok, but I think I may bring it to a local jeweler to inspect it and make sure. Do you guys think I should worry?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1315342076|3010945 said:
I use "padded" tweezers. They have rubbery tips. I put a towel below the unit, and on the floor below what it's sitting on just in case I lose grip.

Dang, I meant to mention that!

Ame, thank you for pointing that out. Even at the store with a full powered steamer we always used something soft to "catch" any slips.

Wink

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1315350711|3011065 said:
Thanks again, DD!!

Its funny you should mention the towel on the floor, Ame. While cleaning my ring it slipped out of the tweezers twice and fell on my tile floor!!! I was SO UPSET and worried that I cracked/chipped my diamond!!! As far as I could tell, it was ok, but I think I may bring it to a local jeweler to inspect it and make sure. Do you guys think I should worry?

I would not worry, but perhaps have it checked next time you are there to be sure? And use a towel on te floor! Good tip!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1315341620|3010937 said:
rainydaze|1315340057|3010919 said:
Wink|1314830708|3006797 said:
rainydaze|1314662815|3004929 said:
that's interesting! i was looking at them about a year ago but didn't get one then... there were plenty around, all for about $99. two weeks ago i went looking for one being ready to buy, and i could hardly find any, and most were $199! i got one (for $99) from an online jewelry supply store that i had purchased from before, and i was disappointed. i didn't expect the plastic exterior, but also the red button that lights up is chipped away and the second time i used it, tons of water came out along with the steam. my kids destroyed the packaging so i am stuck with it, but i am already looking into other brands as a possible xmas gift idea.

It sounds as if you may be over filling the tank, it only holds 8 ounces. Well, actually it holds more, but if you put in more than 8 it causes problems. I recommend dumping it out and try putting in 6 ounces or so.

When you first turn it on, it may be showing that it is ready to use in just a few minutes, but give it a couple more to let it really get up a head of steam.

Give it a blast or two until the water quits coming if it does, then you will get just steam.

Wink

just saw this (sorry) - thanks Wink!!

You are very welcome. Please let us know if this helped in your case.

Wink

aha!!! tried it again this morning, made sure the unit as totally empty, and added less than 8oz. worked beautifully and i am 'back in sparkle!!' thanks again Wink, i was so sad when it wasn't working but silly me, i never considered user error! :nono: :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1315350711|3011065 said:
Thanks again, DD!!

I would get it checked just in case. I have a 30x loupe that I inspect with. I've only dropped my plain band on my floor but I've dropped other rings into my sink a few times, I immediately loupe them in natural light with th 30x and test for loose stones. Luckily so far no issues.

Wink|1315356948|3011161 said:
ame|1315342076|3010945 said:
I use "padded" tweezers. They have rubbery tips. I put a towel below the unit, and on the floor below what it's sitting on just in case I lose grip.

Dang, I meant to mention that!

Ame, thank you for pointing that out. Even at the store with a full powered steamer we always used something soft to "catch" any slips.

Wink
I am SO paranoid of that. I always inspect over entirely soft surroundings, and I am really hardcore about cleaning with soft surroundings. I have a hard time letting jewelers handle my stuff, especially with me in eyeshot (I know, shocking!!!)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope PSA!

I thought I had missed out on the ruby colored Jewel Jet Steam Cleaner, but I was able to find one from Kassoy. They indicated that they still have more of them! At $64.95 + tax nonetheless! It's sitting in my car right now - I can't wait to try it out tonight!

http://www.kassoy.com/Jewel-Jet-Steam-Cleaner.html

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Pinto Bean, Thank you very much. I just bought one thanks to your handy PSA. It's on it's way to me! Yippeeee! I've long wanted one of these and at that price - wow!!!!

ETA : handy not hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results