shape
carat
color
clarity

If you want a Jewel Jet cleaner...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Contact Wink asap! He has one left (sent the other to me for my 10k gift) and apparently they are not making them anymore so they are hard (impossible?) to find anymore!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GET ONE!!!! I love my Jewel Jet!

I think they have a new model coming out, but it's much more expensive than the old one.

I big pink fuzzy heart my Jewel Jet. It's amazing. Every PSer should have one.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
My jewel jet is terrible and only gives me a couple steam shots before having to heat up again. Maybe I have a dud? :(

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stinks, Sparkly Blonde. I can't even use up all the steam in mine. I always end up having to dump out a lot of water, and it hasn't had to reheat yet.

I've only had it for a couple months, but I use it A LOT. Maybe you do have a dud. I'd try to get a replacement if I were you.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1314653661|3004813 said:
Contact Wink asap! He has one left (sent the other to me for my 10k gift) and apparently they are not making them anymore so they are hard (impossible?) to find anymore!

oh really? dang! I think I better get one!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's interesting! i was looking at them about a year ago but didn't get one then... there were plenty around, all for about $99. two weeks ago i went looking for one being ready to buy, and i could hardly find any, and most were $199! i got one (for $99) from an online jewelry supply store that i had purchased from before, and i was disappointed. i didn't expect the plastic exterior, but also the red button that lights up is chipped away and the second time i used it, tons of water came out along with the steam. my kids destroyed the packaging so i am stuck with it, but i am already looking into other brands as a possible xmas gift idea.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would totally say that if it was between an ultrasonic and a jewel jet, get the jewel jet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my jewel jet!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I love mine! It really was a great buy :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1314656180|3004841 said:
My jewel jet is terrible and only gives me a couple steam shots before having to heat up again. Maybe I have a dud? :(

Same thing for me. Do I have a dud too? :confused:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are there different brands perhaps??

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I've had mine for two and a half years (got it for Christmas 2008 right after we got engaged) and I love it!

Like Haven, I often have to dump the leftover water out and I've never had to reheat...I definitely consider it one of the better purchases we've made especially since I am ridiculous about cleaning my ring.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1314671875|3005058 said:
When I was choosing my 10K gift I considered the GemOro Brilliant Spa, but was turned off by the negative reviews online. Anyone have a GemOro?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine works great!! I found it on eBay last year brand new.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jewel jet 2nd generation has come out-- with a price tag of 199

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I've always wanted one, so I just ordered it. Thanks DD and all the other enablers!!!! :cheeky:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1314672576|3005083 said:
Dreamer_D|1314671875|3005058 said:
When I was choosing my 10K gift I considered the GemOro Brilliant Spa, but was turned off by the negative reviews online. Anyone have a GemOro?
yes,a heated 1 qt,but you don't really need a heated model just use hot water mix with dish washing liquid and ammonia.

q78x.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rainydaze|1314662815|3004929 said:
that's interesting! i was looking at them about a year ago but didn't get one then... there were plenty around, all for about $99. two weeks ago i went looking for one being ready to buy, and i could hardly find any, and most were $199! i got one (for $99) from an online jewelry supply store that i had purchased from before, and i was disappointed. i didn't expect the plastic exterior, but also the red button that lights up is chipped away and the second time i used it, tons of water came out along with the steam. my kids destroyed the packaging so i am stuck with it, but i am already looking into other brands as a possible xmas gift idea.

It sounds as if you may be over filling the tank, it only holds 8 ounces. Well, actually it holds more, but if you put in more than 8 it causes problems. I recommend dumping it out and try putting in 6 ounces or so.

When you first turn it on, it may be showing that it is ready to use in just a few minutes, but give it a couple more to let it really get up a head of steam.

Give it a blast or two until the water quits coming if it does, then you will get just steam.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haven|1314654012|3004820 said:
GET ONE!!!! I love my Jewel Jet!

I think they have a new model coming out, but it's much more expensive than the old one.

I big pink fuzzy heart my Jewel Jet. It's amazing. Every PSer should have one.

You are correct. I saw that Jeweljet is selling them directly for $199 and that Amazon has them for $179.

Stuller carries them and will sell them to any jeweler with an account so you can probably get the new unit ordered from your favorite local jeweler, use the Amazon pricing to beat them up a little and save the postage.

I corresponded with Jewel Jet directly and here is a quote from one of their people about the new unit.

"The more powerful, safer unit now has a two year warranty, a stainless
steel tank that won't degrade over time, more pressure, LED lighting under
the top, safety cap that cannot be unscrewed while under pressure, better
tweezers, better look, better construction (different factory that makes
all the Braun brand items), automatic shut-off after ten minutes (you just
press the button to turn it back on and heats up very quickly again), and
faster overall heat-up, no funnel required as the opening acts as it's own
funnel. I think that's it. If I think of something else, I will let you
know. :)
"

She was very helpful and it is she who told me that Stuller is now selling them directly to jewelers.

They do spend a LOT of money with their attack attorneys trying to protect the margins of their dealers, so do not expect to see them footballed on eBay for a nickel over cost.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1314653661|3004813 said:

Thanks Dreamer.

Did yours arrive through customs yet?

If it did, are you pleased with it?

Wink

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the wonderful information, Wink!

And again, thank you for my Jewel Jet! :appl: I know it was difficult for you to locate it for me when I was looking for one, and I very much appreciate it. :bigsmile:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haven|1314831902|3006817 said:
Thank you for the wonderful information, Wink!

And again, thank you for my Jewel Jet! :appl: I know it was difficult for you to locate it for me when I was looking for one, and I very much appreciate it. :bigsmile:

Thank my friends on Polygon. I keep posting I need one messages and I find one here and another there. I went looking for Dreamer and found two, and then the guy I bought them from called and said he had found two more and did I want them.

Silly question...

Wink

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I got one too!!! :praise:
I have wanted one of these for forever!!! :bigsmile:
Well , since I joined pricescope!! :lol:

Thanks Wink! :wavey:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well thanks everyone for enabling this purchase :) and thanks Wink! I received my Jewel Jet on Saturday and love that my ring gets so clean :)

question...when holding some smaller items with the tweezers they seem to fall out (and fall into the wire basket)...should I get some of the 'locking' jewelry tweezers? this kept happening with my diamond pendant, although I was able to hold it enough to get it clean.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1314830708|3006797 said:

It sounds as if you may be over filling the tank, it only holds 8 ounces. Well, actually it holds more, but if you put in more than 8 it causes problems. I recommend dumping it out and try putting in 6 ounces or so.

When you first turn it on, it may be showing that it is ready to use in just a few minutes, but give it a couple more to let it really get up a head of steam.

Give it a blast or two until the water quits coming if it does, then you will get just steam.

Wink

just saw this (sorry) - thanks Wink!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
susimoo|1314835081|3006870 said:
I got one too!!! :praise:
I have wanted one of these for forever!!! :bigsmile:
Well , since I joined pricescope!! :lol:

Thanks Wink! :wavey:

You are welcome. Yours is one of the last two that I got and they should be here sometime this week or early next week.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
slg47|1315339953|3010918 said:
well thanks everyone for enabling this purchase :) and thanks Wink! I received my Jewel Jet on Saturday and love that my ring gets so clean :)

question...when holding some smaller items with the tweezers they seem to fall out (and fall into the wire basket)...should I get some of the 'locking' jewelry tweezers? this kept happening with my diamond pendant, although I was able to hold it enough to get it clean.

I am not a big fan of the locking tweezers for holding rings, as they are metal to metal and can scratch your ring. The padded tweezers are not as secure, but will not scratch your jewelry.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rainydaze|1315340057|3010919 said:
Wink|1314830708|3006797 said:

Wink

just saw this (sorry) - thanks Wink!!

You are very welcome. Please let us know if this helped in your case.

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use "padded" tweezers. They have rubbery tips. I put a towel below the unit, and on the floor below what it's sitting on just in case I lose grip.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink I am sorry I meant to e-mail you and forgot! I did get it and I love it. Thanks!

And glad a few other PSers got one at the lower price too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results