shape
carat
color
clarity

If you invited me over for dinner at your house...

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Dancing Fire, Aug 19, 2019.

1. dk168
    Ideal_Rock

by dk168 » Aug 19, 2019
    Not rude at all. I would ask what you like and don't like, or any special dietary requirements myself.
    DK :))

2. TooPatient
    Ideal_Rock

by TooPatient » Aug 20, 2019
    What!?! No!!! How Did I miss that?

In that case, I'd pull out the grill and cook up the thickest steaks you could want served with a bottle of nice wine so I could see whatever new sparklies you have and look at pictures of your grandbabies.

Daisys and Diamonds likes this.
  3. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Aug 20, 2019
    https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-cbi-to-8-85mm-my-new-2-60ct-from-hpd.248246/

DD #2's babies... boy on the left and girl on the right. The boy will be 2 yrs old in Oct. and the baby girl will be 1 month old in a couple of days.
    IMG_6034.JPG

DD#1's daughter will be 2 yrs old in Dec. She have grandpa's ring on her finger and don't wanna give it back to me, plus she wants grandma's ring too. :lol:

IMG_0304.jpg

4. missy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by missy » Aug 20, 2019
    Aww they are so precious @Dancing Fire.:kiss2: Beautiful babies. :love: I think their grandpa is going to give them all that they desire. As it should be. :whistle::halo:

5. Slick1
    Brilliant_Rock

by Slick1 » Aug 20, 2019
    Hmm :think: What would I make? I do believe I would make reservations. I hate to cook. :mrgreen2:

Beautiful grandchildren @Dancing Fire #blessed

Dancing Fire, arkieb1 and Mamabean like this.
  6. moneymeister
    Brilliant_Rock

by moneymeister » Aug 20, 2019
    Oh Missy! That's beautiful. Yum.

bling_dream19 and missy like this.
  7. elizat
    Brilliant_Rock

by elizat » Aug 20, 2019
    @Slick1 same. I don't hate cooking but I don't like cooking for a crowd. We rarely have people over, but if we do we get nice takeout or go out.

Mamabean and Slick1 like this.
  8. TooPatient
    Ideal_Rock

by TooPatient » Aug 20, 2019
    Look at that finger coverage! Going to have your hands full covering that beautiful girl in diamonds. The little ones are just perfect. They look like those sleeping dolls that my grandma loved.

Spectacular diamond in a great setting! Looks good on your hand. :love:

If you are ever in the Seattle area, I'm happy to grill steaks.

Dancing Fire likes this.
  9. stracci2000
    Ideal_Rock

by stracci2000 » Aug 20, 2019
    We would get takeout from this place, if they were still open!
    this-outstanding-small.jpg

10. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Aug 20, 2019
    That's not authentic Chinese foods. :bigsmile:

Mamabean and stracci2000 like this.

11. jaysonsmom
    Ideal_Rock

by jaysonsmom » Aug 20, 2019
    Having been brought up in an international setting, I can make pretty much make any type of cuisine, just give me enough notice (minimum 3 days) to get the correct ingredients. Otherwise you'll get stuff that we always have on hand in our fridge and pantry:

Stuff for a steak dinner
    makings to make amazing salads
    Any form of pasta
    Multiple brands of frozen dumplings
    makings of a grilled cheese sandwich or quesadilla
    Multiple brands of instant noodles :)

Mamabean likes this.
  12. caf
    Brilliant_Rock

by caf » Aug 21, 2019
    Not at all. Happy to tell you and make sure you can eat it.

Dancing Fire likes this.
  13. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Aug 21, 2019
    I would like a 14 oz Australian Lobster Tail please!. Are Australian beef any good?

14. arkieb1
    Ideal_Rock

by arkieb1 » Aug 22, 2019
    I think you missed the point up where I live there are NO lobsters local to us, they are imported mostly, down in Tasmania (bottom part of Australia) you get good what I think you call rock lobsters or sea/ocean crayfish as we call them - they are amazing and we have crayfish that can taste a bit muddy out of dams inland on farms.

Where I live we have prawns (huge shrimp) that taste as good if not better than lobsters just out from my house, and big sea scallops that are amazing, tiny prawns (shrimps that are really sweet again better IMHO than lobster) and Morteon bay bugs (similar in taste to a lobster)... And sandcrabs (sea) and big mudcrabs (where sea and rivers meet) literally also right outside my home. If we buy lobster which we don't often because we have so much fresh local seafood it's generally been frozen and thawed out at the local market or you can buy it frozen at the supermarket.

We have so much good produce local to us that is fresh we tend not to need to buy anything else. One of my husband's favourite dishes is chilli mudcrab (so a large crab cooked Asian style with chilli).

The beef here is 5 star, best in the world, much of the best of it gets imported to Asia (particularly Japan) and some also to the US. You can buy Wagyu from our Costco here, and supermarkets as well as butchers. The best is grain fed with a marbled texture and I prefer the non super thick steaks, the medium to not so thick ones you just cook on each side and when you eat it, it melts in your mouth.

tps://www.wagyu.org.au/australian-wagyu-is-worlds-best-steak/

https://firstwefeast.com/eat/ridiculously-expensive-steaks/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Dancing Fire likes this.
  15. Karl_K
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Karl_K » Aug 22, 2019
    I would tell you green pea toast.

Dancing Fire likes this.

16. doberman
    Brilliant_Rock

by doberman » Aug 24, 2019
    I'd be happy to tell you, just to make sure you dont have any allergies. It's the summer, so we'd have shrimp appetizer, home grown tomato, basil and mozzarella salad in balsamic, grilled fish and a rice dish and a blueberry pie for dessert. We're pretty simple cooks.

17. violet3
    Ideal_Rock

by violet3 » Aug 24, 2019
    I don't think I would mind if someone asked that question. My husband runs restaurants and most friends are "restaurant people," so I would assume in our circle of friends, that if they were asking that question, it was so they could pair wine accordingly. I realize that's not normally why someone might ask that question in other circles though.

18. lyra
    Ideal_Rock

by lyra » Aug 24, 2019
    I would probably tell you in advance about what was on the menu. But my husband does all the fine cooking. Only problem would be that we have downsized out of having any table to eat at. We only have a kitchen island now and no dining room table or kitchen table at all.:P2

19. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Aug 24, 2019
    Asking me what's on the menu wouldn't bother me at all. Generally we plan the menu with our guests to make sure we are making something everyone can eat / like.

20. Austina
    Ideal_Rock

by Austina » Aug 25, 2019
    I always check if there’s anything my guests don’t/can’t eat beforehand.

21. missy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by missy » Aug 25, 2019
    What time shall we arrive Marcy?8)
    And what can we bring? Apple pie or pumpkin cheesecake? Or would you prefer something else?