shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could do anything your heart desires to earn a living

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What career/job/occupation would you choose to do? If any job your heart desires would earn you a comfortable living what would you want that job to be?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: If you could do anything your heart desires to earn a li

A musician.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Pediatric oncologist who had all of the cures.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nutritionist.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Secret Agent Man

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock

Professional aerialist and pole dancer - the two passions of my life.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

bbziggy|1454587178|3986729 said:
Pediatric oncologist who had all of the cures.
:(( I love this response, bbziggy.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Travel/food blogger

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would love to be a physicist studying the theory of relativity (space and universe) but I'm too stupid for that. It is something that my heart desires but my brain is incapable of achieving. :bigsmile: I thought the question pertains to our current ability or it doesn't matter in this case? If it doesn't matter, then scrap my original answer of a musician.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mattress tester and sleep all day :)
Ice cream taste tester.
Write novels.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock

Open a dog rescue sanctuary

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel very lucky to say exactly what I'm doing ::)

I grew up wanting to b a doctor. For as long as I can remember, I (read: my parents wanted me) to be a doctor. I went to a top-ranked med uni as a premed. And... Graduated wanting nothing in particular to do with the medical field.

I'm a software developer now. I work at an amazing startup - I love the people, I love the product, I love what I do every day, I'm excited about my career growth and prospects. The hours are long and I'll never make the kind of money I could have, but... I'm happy. I don't feel I've sacrificed.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

What I would do if we had won the powerball--All the Kittah's Rescue. Tho, really...a rescue isn't going to so much bring money *in*...But maybe find a way to do something fun w/the kittah's, like the coffee shops or reading areas w/kitties that I've seen in bigger cities? So maybe there's the "earning a living" part, the coffee sales ha. Coffee N Kitties!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

By day I would run a gorgeous nursery. The kind that requires its patrons to meander through the grounds filled with matured trees and waterfalls, with examples of all of the plants growing in their full glory. I would create little sitting areas and have a coffee bar and lots of high end wind chimes singing everywhere... Everything would be organic. There would be classes on plant culture and a knowledgeable staff...

At night I would sing at a piano bar. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I would have started my career as an archivist for Cartier or Tiffany (because I love research), then moved into a position as a jewellery buyer for a big auction house (because I love jewellery) .

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

If I had a different job than what I do now, I think I'd want to be an artist. I have no artistic abilities though, so I'd have to learn. I'd love to be a painter.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love my job so I don't think that would change.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I would be a fine jewelry model....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... that would be winning one or two large powerball lottery jackpots every week ... or being Bill Gates's bitch.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

packrat|1454613163|3986893 said:
What I would do if we had won the powerball--All the Kittah's Rescue. Tho, really...a rescue isn't going to so much bring money *in*...But maybe find a way to do something fun w/the kittah's, like the coffee shops or reading areas w/kitties that I've seen in bigger cities? So maybe there's the "earning a living" part, the coffee sales ha. Coffee N Kitties!

I'd be Packie's partner in this. :mrgreen:

Oh, and a wine tester on the side. :Up_to_something:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A regular judge on Top Chef.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lil Misfit|1454628410|3986925 said:

Yay! :appl:

WINE N Kittahs even!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1454638125|3986974 said:

WINE N Kittahs even!
a lady in my town is about to open at Cat Cafe. She jumped through a lot of hurdles to get the city to allow it.
I can't wait!!!
Kitties and coffee--nothin better!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, and I would, of course be an artist/jeweler.
I do both of these things as hobbies, anyway, but to make MONEY at it would be heaven.

Here are some of my creations:

img_20160204_200429262_hdr.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

stracci2000|1454641100|3986996 said:
packrat|1454638125|3986974 said:

WINE N Kittahs even!
a lady in my town is about to open at Cat Cafe. She jumped through a lot of hurdles to get the city to allow it.
I can't wait!!!
Kitties and coffee--nothin better!

Gotta add books too I think. I enjoy sitting here w/my kitties laying on me while I read. A library w/a coffee shop inside and kitties everywhere.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Something jewellery related, of course! I'd love to work with diamonds every day and have the time to become a real expert.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Something craftsman/artistic (in no particular order) - potter, gilder, textile designer, embroiderer - to the point of being able to make vestments and repair old tapestries, jewelry designer.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

stracci2000|1454641245|3986997 said:
I do both of these things as hobbies, anyway, but to make MONEY at it would be heaven.

Those look amazing stracci!!

Much like you, I would absolutely love to be able to cut gemstones for a living. I'm currently learning and if it ever happens it will be a very long time from now, but I would love to be able to visit our gemfields here in Australia to fossick for sapphires, zircon, topaz and garnets to cut and sell. It would be like a business trip/holiday :bigsmile:

I always thought when I was younger that I would love to be involved in recreational fishing as a job but I was wrong on that one. When it became a job it was no longer recreation and as much as I love fishing, I discovered quickly that I couldn't do it for 16 hours per day for a month straight.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jordyonbass|1454675414|3987127 said:
stracci2000|1454641245|3986997 said:

Those look amazing stracci!!

Much like you, I would absolutely love to be able to cut gemstones for a living. I'm currently learning and if it ever happens it will be a very long time from now, but I would love to be able to visit our gemfields here in Australia to fossick for sapphires, zircon, topaz and garnets to cut and sell. It would be like a business trip/holiday :bigsmile:

I always thought when I was younger that I would love to be involved in recreational fishing as a job but I was wrong on that one. When it became a job it was no longer recreation and as much as I love fishing, I discovered quickly that I couldn't do it for 16 hours per day for a month straight.

Jordy, this ring from my other photo , is a Winton opal, (from Queensland, as I'm sure you know) It was given to me by a friend. I had so much fun making the setting. It is one of my favorites! It was almost inpossible to photograph, to show all the color play.

img_20160205_070546772_hdr.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results