shape
carat
color
clarity

If you can’t afford the stone you want...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanting a approx. (give or take) 2ct Round preferably (D-G, Excellent/Ideal, more flexible on clarity) but it’s not in my budget right now. I’m looking at more in the 1.5ct range (again give or take).

Just wondering, if you couldn’t afford the stone you want; would you prefer to buy the 1.5 now from a vendor with a great upgrade policy and upgrade later or just save and wait for the 2ct?

This is a tough question as sometimes settling doesn't scratch that proverbial itch and you might not be satiated until you get what you want. Going with a vendor who has an excellent upgrade policy works but only if that vendor has sufficient inventory where you can easily upgrade to exactly what you want as time goes on and you save up for your upgrade. I find many vendors do not have exactly what one wants and if you stick with one vendor for the upgrade you are limited to their inventory.

I bought what I thought was my HG stone but when I realized it wasn't I went back to the vendor but he had nothing in stock that I loved. Fortunately though fate intervened and another PSer fell in love with my stone/ring and bought it from me allowing me to purchase my HG stone from another vendor. It all worked out but it was good luck for both of us.

Having said that the best/easiest way for you to get that HG stone one day would more likely be finding a vendor who has a great inventory and upgrade policy and starting small and working your way up....wishing you lots of blingy luck and realizing your diamond dreams.:appl:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I think that, if you’re saving for that 2 carat anyway, the money is just sitting around in the meantime. If you can stomach some lost $ in setting costs, I would definitely recommend getting something now from a vendor with an upgrade policy that suits you. It might not scratch the itch, but it will let you enjoy your money to some degree while you’re waiting. I mean, the alternative is a wait with no diamond to enjoy, so ... seems like an obvious choice to me! :geek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results