shape
carat
color
clarity

If you are a woman over 50 this is what you want

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disagree, I do not fancy any of the items featured; in fact, I find some of them rather ugly.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1449536096|3958784 said:
Disagree, I do not fancy any of the items featured; in fact, I find some of them rather ugly.

DK :))

No, you're wrong.
BBC says this is what you want.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First - there are a few things on that list that I wouldn't mind receiving...

Second - It's interesting that we're now a gift recipient demographic - I don't think I've seen that before. The category they've created is pretty large, however... and encompasses a wide variety of live circumstances and generations of tastes... for example...

(Finally) A lot us who are approaching and in our 60's are helping parents through various transitions. Which, for some of us, means that we're starting to shift into downsizing mode; focusing less on stuff, especially less on random stuff, and more on experiences and making memories.

So Kenny - if you were to make a list for men in your age group, what would it look like?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd take that art kit and Swedish print. I'm 41. Does that mean I shouldn't like/want those?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1449537155|3958789 said:
I'd take that art kit and Swedish print. I'm 41. Does that mean I shouldn't like/want those?

How in the world do you expect to know what you want if BBC hasn't told you?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
but is there a list for women in their 40's? I don't know what to do now! What'm I sposed to ask for Kenny????

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in my mid 40s and I'd take the art crayons but the rest is :sick: Just because women are over 50 doesn't mean they don't have style or taste.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like any of those things for a gift for *me* - but, wait, I'm not British... maybe I should check with CNN or ?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm in my 40's, but I can only hope that I don't want those in my 50's.... No that they are bad gifts, but they are far too practical for me.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask jtrend or pricescope4lyfe what we should do.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The BBC is far smarter than I am about what I'd like to receive! I never would have thought I'd want to receive any of those items. :nono:

Or perhaps I'm not really in my 50s! :-o

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1449538299|3958798 said:
but is there a list for women in their 40's? I don't know what to do now! What'm I sposed to ask for Kenny????

Well apparently BBC feels women only want things when they are in their 50s.
So just wait.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
well shit. 9 years is a long time w/empty Christmases.

Elania

Rough_Rock
Hi Packrat,
You might find some good Dr. Who or Star Trek stuff on thinkgeek.com
I have my eye on the R2D2 trash can myself for someone. It's cute but $100 is an awful lot to spend on a trash can.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well what can I say, but :oops: .

But I do own a PS-approved piece of jewelry or two, so my taste can't be all bad! :wink2:

Q

Queenie60

I would not want any of those items - well,,,, maybe the tea pot. However, my husband would be in big trouble if he gave me something from that list. :| At my age - 50ish, it needs to be sparkly!! :dance:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm close to 50 but nothing on that list appeals to me.

What I want are all the things I took for granted in my 20's. Like being able to read small print, sleeping through the night without sweating, my rear end not touching the back of my knees, the ability to get up off the floor easily..... (and some other things I'll not mention in mixed company) :boohoo:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over 50, not even one of them. Where are the jewels???

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also over 50. I think maybe we need to have a talk with the BBC. There isn't one thing on the list I would be happy to find under the tree.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm well over 50 and, I'd be all over that Conte set. My mom had a small box of of the black ones - the slender, hard pencil-like kind, when I was a kid. I loved using them. A gift of a whole set of colored ones plus actual soft pastels? How fun is that?

Somebody better give me a tablet of good paper to go with it though. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, as a test I sent this to my mom.

her language wasn't pretty... :lol:

She then told me if I plan to get her anything on that list, send her the money instead :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results