shape
carat
color
clarity

If $ was no object...your dream dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 2:57:52 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 3/2/2006 2:46:47 PM
Author: Dani
When are you getting married, Ebree?
As of right now, May 5th 2007! When are you getting married?
Oh...this is so sad to say, but we have not set a date yet!!! FI is really getting on me for this...I have just been procrastinating so much because I am so busy with working, grad school, etc...but I have a habit of putting things that give me stress on the back burner...I just dont think I can handle any "wedding planning crap" right now..I am a TERRIBLE PROCRASTINATOR!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh yea- but I think we are going to shoot for end of Aug, ''07....where are you guys from? Maybe we can go dress shopping together...lol!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh definitely a Reem, or Vera Wang... or Lazaro... oh my!! **drool**

E B

Ideal_Rock
Everybody''s talkin'', but I''m not seeing pictures! Don''t be shy...post your faves!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forever and ever, I don''t care what else came out or what year it is, this is my fantasy dream dress.

It''s a $15k Badgley Mischka dress I saw in Town and Country magazine. I just adore it, still to this day. The train/skirt is just divine. It''s just SO me!!
30.gif

badgley mischka.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 3:43:00 PM
Author: Mara
Forever and ever, I don''t care what else came out or what year it is, this is my fantasy dream dress.

It''s a $15k Badgley Mischka dress I saw in Town and Country magazine. I just adore it, still to this day. The train/skirt is just divine. It''s just SO me!!
30.gif
The dress IS so you, Mara. I can totally picture you in it.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, that dress is grogeous....it looks similar to the one you wore on your wedding, right?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 3:04:56 PM
Oh yea- but I think we are going to shoot for end of Aug, '07....where are you guys from? Maybe we can go dress shopping together...lol!!
Los Angeles!
10.gif

ETA: Mara, that dress is gorgeous! But $15k!
23.gif
Suppose she can drive it home?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 4:06:55 PM

Date: 3/2/2006 3:04:56 PM
Oh yea- but I think we are going to shoot for end of Aug, ''07....where are you guys from? Maybe we can go dress shopping together...lol!!
Los Angeles!
10.gif

ETA: Mara, that dress is gorgeous! But $15k!
23.gif
Suppose she can drive it home?

Ohhh- maybe we can meet halfway????
emwink.gif
Although, I do love LA....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I know the price is INSANE...but I figure if you are buying a $15k dress you already have a Rolls or something in the garage.
5.gif

That was one of the first dresses I saw and I just adored it. I never saw anything else that came close to it for me...yes it was like the same sheath/slip style I wore but mine was nothing like this stunner!!
30.gif
I just love the skirt with the organza flowers and that lacey train!

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I''m an LA girl , too!
35.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 3:22:17 PM
Everybody''s talkin'', but I''m not seeing pictures! Don''t be shy...post your faves!
9.gif

EBree if I start looking for my favs then it is going to be a very bad thing...
2.gif
When I was searching for gowns I only looked at ones in my price range... just so I wouldn''t be tempted!!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
The most perfect dress EVER and my dream wedding dress would be Carrie''s Versace from the S&TC finale. I don''t care that it''s not white... it''s BEEEautiful!
30.gif
This is the best pic I could find, but y''all know the one I''m talking about! Price tag :$79,000!

versacedress.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
That''s so weird, Lizzie, I was JUST reading about that dress! It is gorgeous and so very fluffy. She had a lot of full, beautiful dresses at the end of the 6th season (when she was dating Alexander).

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2006 5:45:42 PM
That''s so weird, Lizzie, I was JUST reading about that dress! It is gorgeous and so very fluffy. She had a lot of full, beautiful dresses at the end of the 6th season (when she was dating Alexander).
My favorite Carrie dress was the pink one she wore in season 6. I think it was Oscar de la Renta? That dress was so cute!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If money was no object, I would have gotten this Jenny Lee. Her designs are so feminine and elegant!

jennylee.jpg

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 5:45:42 PM
Ebree, it''s Aleksandr.
20.gif
Get it right!!!

28.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
CareBear, that''s one of mine too!!!!!! I LOVE that dress.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Caribou....that''s right! I knew it was spelled differently, but I decided to play it safe.
9.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 2:49:55 PM
CareBear, that''s one of mine too!!!!!! I LOVE that dress.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Caribou....that''s right! I knew it was spelled differently, but I decided to play it safe.
9.gif
It remind of his and Carrie''s first date...when she didn''t pronounce it right. She said Alexander, he said Aleksandr....and it sounded exactly the same. LOL!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
LizzieC, I just saw a rerun episode of Sex in the City the other night, with Carrie wearing that dress. I LOVE it. The colors, everything. It would be a gorgeous wedding dress.
30.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dresses....I will continue to dream.

Mara, the interesting thing about that pic is that I think the gal looks a lot like you, don''t you think? It is truly a beautiful dress.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
RMS that is what people have said when I show it to them, so maybe subconsciously I am thinking, well it looks fab with her dark hair and her skin tone so it would look great on me too BUT she is about 30 lbs lighter and how many inches taller?!?! Us mere mortals can''t compete!! That''s probably why it''s a great dream dress, there is no way I could aspire to afford it OR look like that in it!
5.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
married for 4 years and still love looking at dresses! lovely choices ladies!
well, my sis purchased my dress for me as a gift, and I can say I actually wore my dream dress! (for my body type that is)...
Alas, my girl (a Carolina Herrera) is balled up in a box...I never got her cleaned...but I''ll make use of her yet...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ll play. Keep in mind it''s a fall wedding, outdoors. I''ve loved this dress since I found it a while ago, but then just saw it featured on a real life bride in The Knot Wedding''s current issue for New York/Hudson Valley.

In reality I''m thinking cashmere sweater set & foofy shantung skirt.

moniqueforfall.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore this Mia Callaway . . . I think that if money was no object this would absolutely be my dream dress, because I'd probably be having a HUGE dream wedding and this would fit the formality more than the dream dress I did buy. :bigsmile:

I just love the pick ups in the skirt!

mldrapedstraplesscollage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results