shape
carat
color
clarity

If I had been on the list...

amc80

Ideal_Rock
...I would totally be off the list! That's right, I'm engaged!!

For those who haven't read my other threads, there was an issue to how my bf (now fiance!) would be able to surprise me since I knew the exact date the ring would be finished. Yesterday he called and sounded all sad and said he had spoken to the jeweler and the ring was delayed. So I was obviously pi$$ed since it was the day they had PROMISED it would be complete. I've been sick with what has turned into a sinus infection all week and went home early yesterday. He was there, sitting on my couch, nothing out of the ordinary. I sat next to him and was laying on him and we were just talking, and I mentioned something about the ring. I don't remember exactly what I said or he said, but I knew he had it. So I started checking his pockets, and he said "cold," which resulted in the hot/cold game. I eventually figured out it was in his backpack, at which point he got it out, dropped to one knee, and proposed. I was almost in tears as I was searching for the ring.

In typical "me" fashion, about 5 minutes later I said "we need to go to the post office before 5 so we can put the save the dates in the mail." Then I started calling family and close friends (mainly the same friends who called me when they got engaged).

It feels really surreal. Even though I knew it was coming, it's strange to have the ring on my hand. I was a bit nervous since it's custom and I had a picture in my mind of what it should look like...but it's perfect! I have to keep reminding myself that it's not just a fake CZ that I'm going to have to take off in a few minutes. Oh, and today at work? I'm not telling anyone, just waiting for them to see it. One coworker has already seen it and was SO excited, but nobody else has yet.

I was never officially on the LIW list, mainly because I didn't want to jinx myself or anything. I know, I'm weird. But I would have gone on it probably in June/July of last year.

Here are some pictures. Sorry they are just crappy iphone ones...my only real camera is a DSLR and I don't have a macro lens for it...

ring1.JPG

ring2.JPG

afreebird

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! It made me smile when I read how he managed to work in a little element of surprise by telling you the ring wasn't ready yet. Your ring is gorgeous! I love it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, nicely played by your FIANCE! Congratulations!

Acrossley

Rough_Rock
Congrats!
Lovely setting!!!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!!! What a beautiful ring! :love: :appl:

I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for details and pics from your destination wedding! ;-)

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
So, so stunning!! Congrats!! I am so happy for you! and I'm happy you got the small surprise you wanted! :wink2:
come back with more hand pics when you can.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: Yay! Love the semi-surprise he managed. The half-moon three stone is amazing!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited! Here are some more (bad) pics.

Some stats: The center is just under 2cts, F, SI1, H&A. The side stones are half moons, .43cts each. The setting is 14kt white gold. My ring size is 5.25. They look a little chunky right now, must be the weather.

ring3.JPG

ring4.JPG

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! And a little surprise, even! The ring is stunning. That's some finger coverage there! It's beautiful!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a beautiful ring!! :appl:

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! you should have been on the list!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
DROOL!!! Thanks for the extra shots- that thing is dynamite!! Congrats :appl: :appl: :appl:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Your ring is soo beautiful! :appl: :appl:

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations :appl:

Your ring is sooooooo beautiful, I love that you see diamonds from the profile. Best wishes for you and your fiance!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous! I love that your FI was a little stinker and played the hot/cold game with you! :wink2:

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats it's beautiful!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! Congrats!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!!!!!!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, AMC!!! STUNNER!

I also love all of the detailing on the sides!

Attached

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear you still had a surprise proposal, even though you knew it was coming. You ring reminds me oF my ering. Don't you think?!

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Ring is lovely, looks beautiful on your finger!!! :appl:

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement !!! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! It's definitely an exciting thing...sort of weird being the center of attention though. This morning as I was leaving for work, my fiance (!) said "did you remember to put your ring on?". Um, yeah...don't think I'll be forgetting that bad boy.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats AMC :wavey: :appl: your ring is gorgeous, love love love the half moons :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80-

Your ring is stunning. Good luck on your engagement!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1300463241|2874632 said:
Thanks everyone! It's definitely an exciting thing...sort of weird being the center of attention though. This morning as I was leaving for work, my fiance (!) said "did you remember to put your ring on?". Um, yeah...don't think I'll be forgetting that bad boy.

Very sweet proposal, and your fiance is too cute "did you remember to put your ring on" - ha, like that could happen! Sincere congratulations on your engagement, and what a gorgeous, elegant ring - really love everything about it!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats amc!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is wonderful! Your center stone looks huge, and I love the half moon side stones. Congratulations on your engagement! :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations amc! Your ring is beautiful!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, everyone! It still is sinking in. I know longer feel weird buying Martha Stewart Weddings or doing other wedding-y stuff. I was always sort of embarrassed to buy bridal magazines (but did so anyway), like there was some club I was only pretending to be in. Sort of like wearing a sorority sweater but not actually being a member. I don't know, maybe I'm weird. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results