shape
carat
color
clarity

If a dress arrives in the wrong size...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
does the boutique send it back and order it again or do they simply alter the one received?

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
I think this depends on what you as the customer wants done. If you have enough time before the wedding then get the store to order the wedding dress again in the right size stright away!

Otherwise (and if the dress isn''t over 2 sizes too big or one size too small) you should have the store alter it for you free of charge - it was their mistake after all
29.gif

Good luck hun - I hope it all works out for you!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 12:41:02 AM
Author: bleeblue
I think this depends on what you as the customer wants done. If you have enough time before the wedding then get the store to order the wedding dress again in the right size stright away!

Otherwise (and if the dress isn''t over 2 sizes too big or one size too small) you should have the store alter it for you free of charge - it was their mistake after all
29.gif

Good luck hun - I hope it all works out for you!
Ditto.

I''m curious to know what happened? How off was the bridal salon? Have they offered you any options yet?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Oh sorry. This is actually a hypothetical scenario. I''ve decided to buy my dress from the US but I''m only there for a week - and thus will not be able to have any fittings - so I''m a bit worried as to what happens if anything goes wrong such as the dress arriving in the wrong size. I was wondering whether they''d take care of it for me or whether I''d have to pay more to get it altered.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends, was it too large or too small? Even though bridal salons measure you before ordering your dress, it''s assumed that you will be having it altered so you shouldn''t expect it to fit like a glove. Everyone''s bodies are different and one of the things that makes wedding dresses so spectacular is the individual fit on each bride. A dress should look like it was made for you, so a generic size from the manufacturer won''t always work. If it''s a size or two off (larger) have it taken in. If they really ordered the wrong size, insist on them paying for the alterations. If it''s too small, and you are the same size you were when they measured you, then have them order you a new one (at their cost).

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I''ll keep thinking positively and hopefully nothing will go wrong.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, now that I know it''s hypothetical, I would just make sure that you explain your situation while there so the consultant understands the seriousness and challenges you''re facing. I had a consultant who I could really trust and made sure that when she took my measurements she showed me where they stood on the manufacturers size chart and then I verified the size ordered. I also called a couple weeks after to speak to people at the front desk to make sure their paperwork matched up with what the consultant wrote down and showed me. I went to Priscilla of Boston and there''s a sheet that they give you and ask to sign before your order is places that verifies your measurements taken and the size ordered. You could check with the salon to see if they have something similar.

Oh, and I also stayed positive.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 9:18:06 AM
Author: caribqueen
Okay, now that I know it''s hypothetical, I would just make sure that you explain your situation while there so the consultant understands the seriousness and challenges you''re facing. I had a consultant who I could really trust and made sure that when she took my measurements she showed me where they stood on the manufacturers size chart and then I verified the size ordered. I also called a couple weeks after to speak to people at the front desk to make sure their paperwork matched up with what the consultant wrote down and showed me. I went to Priscilla of Boston and there''s a sheet that they give you and ask to sign before your order is places that verifies your measurements taken and the size ordered. You could check with the salon to see if they have something similar.

Oh, and I also stayed positive.

Thanks, Carribqueen. This is really good advice.
1.gif

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
My dress came in a size smaller than I ordered it. The boutique was going out of business and wouldn''t reorder OR do the alterations. I had to take it to another place and pay for the alterations myself, however it did all work out in the end.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
n/m.

I would make sure they will cover the shipping and handling if the dress needs any changes that are the boutique's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results