shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ 5 stone ring 0.75tcw (4 prong) pictures

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
It's been quite the ring rollercoaster this year! I ordered an 11 stone (7 pointers) shared prong ring from ID Jewelry last summer. I got it, the diamonds were sparkly, it fit great, I loved it. But 2 months later, 2 stones were already loose. I sent it back and they tightened it at no charge. I got it back, wore it for 2 months and the same stones came loose again...

I looked at options with Tami and I finally decided to upgrade. I discovered that I could set my stones with 4 prongs instead of shared prong, so I upgraded to a 5 stone with 15 pointers, excellent cut, F-G color, SI clarity.

I received the ring last month and the diamonds are super sparkly and very white. The carat weight is a substantial look on my 3.75 size finger.

So pictures!

CIMG1227.jpg

CIMG1230.jpg

CIMG1237.jpg

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
More...

CIMG1283.jpg

CIMG1284.jpg

Shown with a pave half eternity
CIMG1275.jpg

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Side view
CIMG1274.jpg

Do you like the look with the 2 rings?
CIMG1278.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous ring! I love that each diamond has 4 prongs around it so it's much more secure. Do you have any close up shots?

Enjoy your new bling!!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I don't have close up shots, that's the best I could do with my camera!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I do have this one that IDJ sent me:

marie.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! It looks very sparkly and substantial on you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Do you have any up close profile pictures? I'm wondering if they are in open baskets or closed and how high the stones
are sitting. (I'm looking to order a 7 or 9 stone next month from IDJ). I saw that gemgirl also went with a 4 prong setting
and wonder if I should also go that way. I do have a shared prong 5 stone that I have been wearing for 2 years without any problem
though.

Edit - If you take any more pics can you do a profile without the other ring on? Thanks

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
This is exactly the setting I ordered: http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/3463?from_style=1
It says the setting is 4.6mm high. It is closed basket. It's not high at all and is very comfortable to wear, but since you're looking at 7 or 9 stones, I personally wouldn't want that amount of thickness between my fingers.

I don't know how picky you are about your jewelry, but I will say that the prongs are not 100% straight. It's not noticeable if you don't look carefully though. And for the price I paid, I can't complain!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orchid Lei|1311371247|2974863 said:
This is exactly the setting I ordered: http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/3463?from_style=1
It says the setting is 4.6mm high. It is closed basket. It's not high at all and is very comfortable to wear, but since you're looking at 7 or 9 stones, I personally wouldn't want that amount of thickness between my fingers.

I don't know how picky you are about your jewelry, but I will say that the prongs are not 100% straight. It's not noticeable if you don't look carefully though. And for the price I paid, I can't complain!

Thanks Orchid...I'm about a size 6.5 (hence the 7 or 9 stone) and I'm trying to get full finger coverage but do want it to set low.
I'm going to take a look around Unique settings to see what they have in 7/9 stone settings.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is just gorgeous! I think the 4 prong setting makes the stones look bigger (and of course it looks huge on your tiny finger). I love it with the other band. Nicely done.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the compliments everyone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful!!!! :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Bling bling!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
amazing ring...enjoy it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and looks terrific with your other diamond band. Very pretty.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks amazing! Perfect coverage on your tiny finger. Love it!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it's a beauty!! :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing and it gives you perfect finger coverage :appl: And i totally applaud the choice of the four prong setting. My half eternity band has smaller stones than yours and still my jeweler has made a setting with four prongs on each diamond for super safety. I'm very happy with it and it's great not to have to worry all the time about losing a diamond :))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, it looks great on you.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Really nice!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, and looks so gorgeous on your tiny, pretty hand!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous on you! :love:
Well done orchid gal!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1311370459|2974851 said:
Beautiful! Do you have any up close profile pictures? I'm wondering if they are in open baskets or closed and how high the stones
are sitting. (I'm looking to order a 7 or 9 stone next month from IDJ). I saw that gemgirl also went with a 4 prong setting
and wonder if I should also go that way. I do have a shared prong 5 stone that I have been wearing for 2 years without any problem
though.

Edit - If you take any more pics can you do a profile without the other ring on? Thanks

I did go with a four prong per stone mounting this time because a few women I know who have shared prong rings, have lost stones. I have been lucky in that my seven stone shared prong and five stone shared prong rings seem secure and I haven't lost any stones and none have even come loose, but.... I thought, why press my luck? Go with something more secure. That's why I went with the four prongs besides the fact that it matched the setting on my second e-ring. The baskets are closed on most of I.D.'s band settings. Even their own castings have closed baskets.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1311432149|2975184 said:
though.

I did go with a four prong per stone mounting this time because a few women I know who have shared prong rings, have lost stones. I have been lucky in that my seven stone shared prong and five stone shared prong rings seem secure and I haven't lost any stones and none have even come loose, but.... I thought, why press my luck? Go with something more secure. That's why I went with the four prongs besides the fact that it matched the setting on my second e-ring. The baskets are closed on most of I.D.'s band settings. Even their own castings have closed baskets.

Sorry for the mini thread high-jack...gemgirl, do you have a link to your 7 stone shared prong. Just wondering sizes, finger coverage
and how it looks. Thanks

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1311549283|2975978 said:
gemgirl|1311432149|2975184 said:
though.

Sorry for the mini thread high-jack...gemgirl, do you have a link to your 7 stone shared prong. Just wondering sizes, finger coverage
and how it looks. Thanks

I had to find it for you. It's been a little while but here it is. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-my-new-wg-i-d-jewelry-wedding-set.162250/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-my-new-wg-i-d-jewelry-wedding-set.162250/[/URL] Apologies for the tiny thread jack!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1311708110|2977224 said:
Thanks gemgirl!

EDIT - I was wanting a link to your 7 stone shared prong...I think you gave me the link to your 4 prong band. Thats ok...I'll
go give the search engine a workout and see if I can find it. :))

Edit again...I found it! And WOW gemgirl...you have quite a collection of lovely jewelry!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seven-stone-finger-warmer.81614/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seven-stone-finger-warmer.81614/[/URL]

LOL! I know I can be bad :devil: ..... I bought that seven stone while I was waiting for WF to make my custom five stone. I can't help it. Sometimes I get antsy waiting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results