shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas when don''t know ring size/ tension set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kwh1

Rough_Rock
Help! There is still some time before I plan on proposing (so I have some time for general strategy now). My issue is this: I am planning on getting a Kretchmer tension setting for the ring, yet I have no idea what size ring finger my girlfriend is. She has never been sized as she really isn't that concerned with the mechanics of ring-giving, and I want all this to be a total surprise. So, without knowing the ring size, planning on a tension ring (so must be *perfectly* sized), how do you think I should go about proposing? Loose stone proposal ideas?

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

tyson

Rough_Rock
You might want to talk to the jeweler and find out the average ring size for a woman, then buy a standard prong setting with the understanding that you can exchange it with credit towards the setting of "her" choice. This is what had been suggested to me. Hope this helps. Good luck!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi KW...

I think I once found a place where it can
give you clever ways of finding your sweet hearts
ring size.

If I can remember were it was, I will get back to you.

Kirk

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kw...

Here you go!

Finding her ring size without her knowing is not the mystery it may appear. Here are some very easy solutions to getting her ring size while keeping your gift a surprise. Keep in mind that a woman’s ring size will vary for each finger, so the below suggestions are meant only as a directional tool for you.

Make an Impression
If she’s in the habit of leaving any of her rings lying about, make an impression of one. A bar of soap, a piece of clay or even a piece of bread can be used to take a reliable measurement.

Put it in Writing
You could even trace the inside of the ring on a piece of paper which the jeweler can then use to determine an accurate measurement.

Try it on for Size
Simpler still, just put one of her rings on your own fingers. Push it down as far as it will go and then mark the spot with a pen. Then just show the marking to your jeweler who can measure it for you.

What are Friends For
A friend of your loved one can be of great assistance in this particular endeavor. It's not uncommon for one friend to ask another for their ring size as a matter of curiosity. Just be sure you choose a friend who can keep a secret.

The Real Thing
If you can bring one of her rings to the jeweler without arousing any suspicion, this will probably be the safest course of action. Offer to take her jewelry to be cleaned and have the jeweler measure her ring at the same time.

Happy Holidays!

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results