shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas to propose in DALLAS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OSU COWBOYS

Rough_Rock
I think I am going to propose in dallas but I dont know the area well. I will be in north dallas by the Galleria mall. I dont know what type of activities there are to go to, like a play etc. etc.. I was just wondering thoughts of some good activities and an idea of WHERE to propose. Thanks for the info.

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
When will you be in Dallas? I''ve lived in the area for about 8 years now, and you will be in a pretty good spot. Just let me know when, and I''ll see what I can find for you!

OSU COWBOYS

Rough_Rock
I will be in early on March 4 and leaving on the 5th sometime. Thank You bikergirl!! Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s been a few years since I''ve been in Dallas. I think there was an indoor ice skating rink [costs $$] in a mall. That could be fun, but very public.

Some other memorable [either free or low $] places I remember are:

Mustangs Sculpture in Las Colinas
Nine mustangs, bronze, beautiful and larger-than-life, splash their way across a stream cut through the stone and granite plaza of Williams Square.

Texas Discovery Gardens
More than seven green acres, in fact, of display gardens. That is what you will find at the Texas Discovery Gardens in Fair Park. Featuring the Benny J. Simpson Texas Native Plant Collection. The garden center also has a two-story tropical conservatory, waterfall, scented garden for the blind and flowers galore.

Art Garden
Enjoy the Sculpture Garden at the base of the statuesque Trammell Crow Center in Downtown. More than 20 statues from the French masters, including Rodin, reside in this peaceful setting with cascading waters and beautiful gardens.

I think there are some special water features/sculptures/displays, too. I couldn''t find the one I was looking for, but this one looks very cool. I may have been here, but I just can''t recall:

Fountain Place
Waters dance and leap skyward at Downtown''s Fountain Place. At the base of this dramatically sculpted 1.2 million sq. ft. office tower of green reflective glass lies an oasis of colorful flowers, waterfalls, 172 bubbler fountains and central fountain. The latter is one of the world''s most complex and consists of 360 computer driven water jets. Designed by the acclaimed architectural firm of I.M. Pei & Partners, Fountain Place has received international recognition.

This link shows some of the places:http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~la362/allimagecategories/water/thumbnails/waterthumbnail.html

I think the Mesquite Rodeo is nearby, but unless you both were big rodeo fans or had a special memory for one, then I would recommend not doing it there.

Bikergirl---Please chime in and say if you think any of these places would be good or bad. Especially if you think they would be difficult to find or drive to if a person has never been there.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah. In the post above, the little summary paragraphs about the places in Dallas I got off of one of the Dallas travel? or tourism? websites. It might be beneficial if you browsed some of those sites, and if anything caught your attention, post it on here and you could get some feedback from people who have been there.

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
The Arboretum in East Dallas is located by White Rock Lake and has beautiful and romantic grounds. (About a 30 minute drive from the Galleria depending on traffic.) If timed right, you might catch the sunset.

The Nasher Scupture Garden downtown in the Arts District (next to the Dallas Museum of Art).

If you like being up high -- there''s Reunion Tower downtown, which has a rotating restaurant. (Caveat: I haven''t been there in many years and can''t address whether it''s classy or not.)

The Crescent (the "Croissant") Hotel downtown -- high end restaurant and hotel, with excellent services.

The Mansion at Turtle Creek -- where old moneyed Dallasites go -- reservations required.

Best wishes!!!

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
The Arboretum is a great suggestion, but it''s all outdoors. If the weather is bad you would need a fallback plan.

There is an awesome Dallas Aquarium that has some nice little romantic spots while walking through.

Las Colinas is cool with the bronze mustangs, but there''s really not much else around there. The Mustangs are located in a business park. No restaurants or anything.

Yes, there is an ice skating rink inside the Galleria - in fact, it just re-opened a few weeks ago after massive renovation. That is *definitely* not private - you can see the rink from two stories above, and from all around.

There are a TON of romantic restaurants, night spots, cozy bars. Let me do a little research and see if there''s anything special going on that day at any of the area venues. I''ll be back either later today (Feb 22) or tomorrow with a list of options!

In the meantime - be thinking about what you would like. Completely private? Restaurant? Sunset at the lake, then dinner after? Ice skating at the Galleria? Cozy, quiet, intimate, adventurous, etc. Let me know what direction you would like to head and I''ll do my best to help out!
9.gif

OSU COWBOYS

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the input, this is a life saver. I have no idea about any of these and this helps so much to hear from opinions so I can make this perfect. So far, I like the Fountain place and the Arboretum. I like the idea of the rotating restaurant. The aquarium might be a good backup as well. I plan on going ice skating since I am a hockey player but dont plan on popping the question there. My question for you all is I want something private but a great atmosphere to ask the BIG question. So as of now, the Fountain and the Arboretum is something that I am going to look into. If you all think that something else is better, PLEASE let me know. She likes plays like "Phantom of the opera" type play, so do you all know of anything going on March 4. This might be an activity leading up or after the BIG day/night. Thank you all again.
36.gif

OSU COWBOYS

Rough_Rock
Do you know if this restaurant has a private area that I could get for dinner? How far do you think it is from the Galleria in drivinh time and also from the Fountain? Thank you all!!!!

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if you''re already in Dallas, or if you''re still checking the forum. I just drove by a billboard stating that Dallas Blooms (a display at the Arboretum) opens March 4. That is always very nice, and would probably be perfect. There are quite a few really tasty and romantic restaurants in the area, too.

You can go to www.guidelive.com and look up restaurants there. There is an Italian place called "La Duni" that is less than 10 minutes from the Arboretum. It was voted one of the top romantic spots in Dallas last year, and I believe has been on the list for several years.

All of this is probably about a 20 minute drive from the Galleria. It''s only a few miles away, but is not located on a major highway, so it takes a little longer to get there than you would think.

If you want me, PM me anytime this week and I''ll see what I can do to help.

Good luck!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
there is always Midevil Times!! :) A friendly jousting match, eating with your fingers.....what more could a girl want>?

Just kidding, I think you have some great ideas from everyone, I only know the resturant inside the Ball, that is pricey but really worth the money IMO.
Good Luck and all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results