shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for proposal at Whistler, BC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmbarer

Rough_Rock
I''m hoping some folks out there have some great proposal ideas. Here''s the background:
My girlfriend and I are both in our mid-20''s and have been together for just over a year. She knows the proposal is coming - we talk about the wedding and logistics almost daily and she jokingly asks me almost daily when she''s getting her ring - and she pretty much knows that I have made the purchase. So, in terms of the proposal itself, there''s no surprise. However, she does not know when or where the proposal is going to happen. And this leaves me with an opportunity to make this really great.

We are planning to spend next weekend (Friday, Saturday nights) up at Whistler BC (we''re from Vancouver) to do some skiing and snowshoeing. We have a room booked mountainside at the Blackcomb Marriot. Now, given my girlfriend''s penchant for outdoor activities, be they skiing, hiking, running, biking, snowshoeing etc. I think it would be wonderful to do an outdoor proposal. The extent of my plan so far is to go snowshoeing on Saturday into some gorgeous, relatively remote area and do a spontaneous proposal at a site that seems fitting. Hopefully the weather will be cooperatively spectacular. I will arrange for some champagne etc. to be ready in our room upon our return, after which we''ll go out for a wonderful upscale meal in Whistler village.

Do any of you have any ideas of how I can ''tweak'' this to make it an incredibly memorable event? Do any of you know Whistler well enough to give some specific ideas of where the ideal spot may be?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
1.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
If you go skiing on the day you propose, maybe you could coordinate with the resort to be the last ones taken up and down the chair lift so you can have a private "sunset" proposal on top of the mountain.

A really good friend of mine did this at Schweitzer last year and it went over extremely well.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
One thing you might want to consider is the possibility of dropping the ring in the snow if you plan on proposing outside. This actually happened to someone I know, causing some awkward moments during a time of extreme nervous tension and high emotion. Perhaps finding a way to secure it to yourself in some manner would be a good idea as it is not something you''ll want to loose, even momentarily. Fishing line comes to mind. Be sure to bring something to snip the line though once the question has been asked. If you are carrying a small backpack, you might consider bringing along a light snack, a small bottle of her favourite liquour and some paper cups to celebrate the moment. A split of champagne might be nice, but it also would most likely spray out of the bottle if you were particularly active.
Happy proposing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results